Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 07:08 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I'll share a little personal note. We grew up with basically nothing and my father worked hard - that much I will give him credit for. He wasn't lazy at all. He and my mother built a company from scratch and then sold it for millions by the time he was 30.

He went from nothing to everything and spent like no tomorrow - and a lot of it on other women. He was a chronic cheat, but had relationships with these women to the point of paying for apartments and things. (I left and supported myself without any of that money when I was 18).

Long story short, he married 3 times. His third wife couldn't wait to live in the big house and be a country club and party wife with her 'trophy husband.' But by the time that happened he had nothing left...even the house was empty of furniture. He had to sell it and his second business and was left with nothing.

I also noted that the women he had and the one's he married got uglier and uglier as he went. No 'trophy' in the looks department there.

He is now doing nothing and she supports him and they live in a modest condo and they also had another child together.

There's no sure thing either way.
He was a sugar daddy. Most women do not have their bills paid by men they are not married to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 07:10 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Comfort and security. It doesn't have to be spent like it grows on trees, but knowing you won't struggle when the fridge goes or the car needs repair is a comforting thought.
It's this ^

Old 06-21-2014, 07:11 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
No it has a downfall, controlling, gross people around, lack of boundries, moochers, easy access to other ladies, inferior complex, getting away with things, and can cause dishonesty.

Not all but some.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:45 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
I find it a little pathetic for a woman to date a guy for "security". Seriously, it is 2014.. make your own damn security for yourself and accomplish something for yourself.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:17 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
My husband definitely made the most money out of all the men I dated. He was also the most thoughtful and giving by far. He wined and dined me. Limos to and from NYC, we ate at the top restaurants, stayed at awesome hotels, he paid for all my travel (first class and luxury hotels everywhere), took me shopping, bought me jewelry and other gifts, gave me cash and a credit card for spending, gave me his truck (I preferred his truck over his BMW) when someone crashed into my vehicle and totaled it.

BUT that's not why I continued to date him or marry him. He had all the traits (and then some) that I looked for in a partner. Believe me, I've always been quite content on my own and always swore I would never marry and there's no way in hell I could be with someone if I didn't enjoy their company and feel compatible with them.

Money can come and go, but it definitely has its perks when you don't have to worry about paying the bills.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:57 AM

32,655 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Why should I care how much money he has? I'm not expecting him to sign over his savings account to me and there is very little benefit in gazing at stacks of money from the outside.

I expect a man to treat me with respect and to have enough respect for himself that he can support himself and that he has some real interests in life beyond video games or football. I prefer a man who is smart enough and educated enough to hold a conversation to the point that he can understand what I am saying.

There are a lot of cheap date things that I love to do. Men are not an ATM machine, expected to dispense cash for my use.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:59 AM

32,655 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I have heard that it's quite common for men with money to be more frugal than men without money. ..........
Incidentally, if we are talking long term relationships here, frugal gets lots of extra bonus points. I've got little use for a man who can't manage his own money, or one who has gotten himself into mountains of debt becasue he is overly self-indulgent. To me, bad money management is indicative of weak character.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:03 AM

38 posts, read 35,867 times
I think it depends on the type of woman a man dates. America is a capitalist society so you can expect that many women would prefer a guy that can spend money on them and so they have stories to tell their girlfriends over lunch. However, dating and serious relationships are not the same. If a relationship is based on money or lack thereof only, it's not going to last long. For a guy, the rule is, the more money, the more girls to date especially if you take care of yourself physically and know how to play the game. A guy with no money will eventually lose his girlfriend. For dating, money rules. A cute American girl will only enjoy hamburgers and cheap ice cream for so long. If all fails, and you can't get money, find a foreign girl that's more into romance, conversation and companionship than money.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:14 AM

I don't think my question was clear...or you all just dont care...

My question is if rich men share their money with their dates. I think they do not for the most part.

n

Old 06-21-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
My husband definitely made the most money out of all the men I dated. He was also the most thoughtful and giving by far. He wined and dined me. Limos to and from NYC, we ate at the top restaurants, stayed at awesome hotels, he paid for all my travel (first class and luxury hotels everywhere), took me shopping, bought me jewelry and other gifts, gave me cash and a credit card for spending, gave me his truck (I preferred his truck over his BMW) when someone crashed into my vehicle and totaled it.

BUT that's not why I continued to date him or marry him. He had all the traits (and then some) that I looked for in a partner. Believe me, I've always been quite content on my own and always swore I would never marry and there's no way in hell I could be with someone if I didn't enjoy their company and feel compatible with them.

Money can come and go, but it definitely has its perks when you don't have to worry about paying the bills.
That guy was not very smart. I only do this for 8s and 9s.

It sounds like he bought you. Most ppl date within their own socio-economic group...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships