Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 09:33 PM

100 posts, read 155,721 times

Advertisements

She divorced me, and yes... sometimes they just "want out" there was no cheating or no physical abuse involved. sometimes people just want out. I cant explain it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 09:36 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,040,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMan59 View Post
She divorced me, and yes... sometimes they just "want out" there was no cheating or no physical abuse involved. sometimes people just want out. I cant explain it.
Okay, fair enough. That doesn't change my advice. If you're not willing to commit to a relationship, don't waste that teacher's time.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:36 PM

943 posts, read 1,006,158 times
Hi Cman, I'm not like you, but I would like to give you some different perspectives. When I read your post I thought to myself, here's a young guy who likes women and given the chance hops from one to the other. The only time it occurs to him that there might be something wrong with that is when he hurts the women he loves.
I hate to say it, but this is probably not uncommon, the way you objectify and use women. And heck there are probably women out there who are the same way? I dunno. I haven't met any, my women friends and I have only been on the receiving end of that stupidity.
It is a lack of self control, and lack of emotional maturity. Those are only things that you get after you realize the pain of staying the same is more painful than the effort of the change.
If you don't want to be like that, then don't. Its just a decision. You have to work on it. There aren't any quick and easy fixes, and there are no easy answers.
There are tons of resources out there for self help, visit a bookstore, or use that computer thingy in front of you to research.
I don't think you're going to find that things will be any better for you unless you decide to make that decision for yourself now, and your pain is telling you it's time.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:42 PM

Thank you foclampt I really appreciate you taking the time to write that. and yes your right... I am immature, and have no idea how to mature myself in that area if you will

Old 06-22-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Thank you foclampt I really appreciate you taking the time to write that. and yes your right... I am immature, and have no idea how to mature myself in that area if you will
Take some time to yourself. Make your priority to learn what your priorities from this point forward will be. If you are going to hop from bed to bed, do so without any pretense of a committed relationship. You may not have a problem finding willing partners who agree to "no strings attached." You just got out of a divorce and may need to get some shenanigans out of your system. I honestly don't think you'll find too many people who will fault you for this, even. Just do so openly. Hence the advice to stay away from the teacher.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:48 PM

943 posts, read 1,006,158 times
Aw, that's good that you're humble about it. I think I really can understand how you might be feeling right now.
When I started researching what it was I needed to know about relationships it took a while for me to find the right words to look up things. Maybe you could START with the other side of the story, with the womans' perspective, it might be grating, but maybe it will give you some words to start with.
I think our society in general advocates men acting this way, like it makes you more of a stud or something, but I think too that men have feelings, and unless they have some sort of deeper problem with themselves, want to avoid the pain of a broken heart, or of hurting others.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:48 PM

I don't hop bed to bed in all honesty, The teacher is a the type of woman I want to marry.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I don't hop bed to bed in all honesty, The teacher is a the type of woman I want to marry.
Okay, I am going to try to phrase it as I understand it. You tell me if I am right.

You want to want to marry this woman. Because if you wanted to marry her you wouldn't want to see what else is out there as indicated in your initial post. Does this make sense?

Old 06-22-2014, 09:54 PM

Well just because I think there are others out there... dosent mean I want to sleep with them. In fact... I don't want to have sex with anyone. I guess im trying to find something that's not out there?

I had a friend tell me.. If your mind wonders about what else is out there, while your still with this woman,,, then she isn't the "one" does this hold any merit?

Old 06-22-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Well just because I think there are others out there... dosent mean I want to sleep with them. In fact... I don't want to have sex with anyone. I guess im trying to find something that's not out there?

I had a friend tell me.. If your mind wonders about what else is out there, while your still with this woman,,, then she isn't the "one" does this hold any merit?
I think that idea does have merit. That's sort of the point I'm making. I think you have to ask yourself, "If I am wondering what else is out there, on some level it means I'm not entirely satisfied with this person. And if that is the case, do I really want to be with her?" You've really got to be hard on yourself and honest with yourself here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships