Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 08:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,699 times

Advertisements

I'm on here once in a while but need to go anon on this. Just too embarassing.

I'm in a great, healthy and fun relationship with a terrific man. "Ted" and I have been together for about a year and a half and we're both serious about our futures together.

So this is my situation. A couple of days ago I joined Ted at one of his firm's dos. All pretty normal - he's invited me a bunch of times already. Well this time though I recognized another guy who was there. At some point we were all in a group and Ted introduced me to him. I'm not sure if he recognized me.

A bit before I met Ted, a girlfriend and I went to a very big sporting event (can't give details). We met there some guys who invited us to join them in a corporate private box. Well we all got pretty "inebriated" and I guess inhibitions went away. My girlfriend and I ended up [Mod cut} a bunch of guys there.

When I got up the next day I was mortified at what had happened. My girlfriend and I have sworn to never ever ever tell anyone, which obviously I haven't. But now one of those guys saw me at the function.

If he blabs or tells anyone about that time I would be mortified especially if Ted finds out. So I don't know whether I should do anything like maybe tell Ted "something" or not. I'm scared and I could really use some advice. Thanks all

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-26-2014 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language; not PG-13.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:41 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Gross.

Don't tell ANYone that story. Ever.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:44 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink72 View Post

I'm in a great, healthy and fun relationship with a terrific man. "Ted" and I have been together for about a year and a half and we're both serious about our futures together.

So this is my situation. A couple of days ago I joined Ted at one of his firm's dos. All pretty normal - he's invited me a bunch of times already. Well this time though I recognized another guy who was there. At some point we were all in a group and Ted introduced me to him. I'm not sure if he recognized me.

A bit before I met Ted, a girlfriend and I went to a very big sporting event (can't give details). We met there some guys who invited us to join them in a corporate private box. Well we all got pretty "inebriated" and I guess inhibitions went away. My girlfriend and I ended up [Bleep] a bunch of guys there.

When I got up the next day I was mortified at what had happened. My girlfriend and I have sworn to never ever ever tell anyone, which obviously I haven't. But now one of those guys saw me at the function.

If he blabs or tells anyone about that time I would be mortified especially if Ted finds out. So I don't know whether I should do anything like maybe tell Ted "something" or not. I'm scared and I could really use some advice. Thanks all
If you want to be honest with him, don't get into details. Tell the BF you and Tod (Ted's acquaintance) made out one time, and leave it at that. No details. And, also, tell him you're embarrassed, and wanted him to know because you want to be honest with him.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-26-2014 at 10:19 PM..

Old 06-26-2014, 08:45 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:

A bit before I met Ted, a girlfriend and I went to a very big sporting event (can't give details). We met there some guys who invited us to join them in a corporate private box. Well we all got pretty "inebriated" and I guess inhibitions went away. My girlfriend and I ended up [Bleep]a bunch of guys there.

Mmmmmm....wow! I mean...what do you say to that? I can see why you're scared. Hell, we've all done things we ain't proud of. Best I can do here is say, if the guy blabs, best to just fess up and hope your guy has some sense enough to understand that. On, so some crazy sex stuff happened once. If he really.cares about you it wont matter.

If the guy you saw tries mentioning it on the sly and tries to hold it over you, tell your guy yourself, and why you're telling him. But, just take it as it comes for now and try to pull yourself together.Try and have some faith in your guy. I know its tough, but try.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-26-2014 at 10:19 PM..

Old 06-26-2014, 08:48 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:

A bit before I met Ted, a girlfriend and I went to a very big sporting event (can't give details). We met there some guys who invited us to join them in a corporate private box. Well we all got pretty "inebriated" and I guess inhibitions went away. My girlfriend and I ended up [Bleep] a bunch of guys there.

A cautionary tale for all who are tempted to drink too much when not in secure environment

Here's the thing, you did something you are not proud of.

I'm betting you learned a very valuable lesson about it didn't you?

When we makes huge mistakes like this in life the best we can do is own the mistake and grow from it.

You don't owe Ted any explanation, this happened before you knew him or dated him.

The guy likely only vaguely recognized you and may never put two and two together to remember from where. Say nothing and just let this be a harsh reminder of a feeling you never want to have again so you'll never ever drink like that again.

If by chance the guy were to really remember you and have the poor taste to actually say anything to anyone about it that's on him and only makes him look like a loser.

Hold your head high, be proud of being a better person today and ignore losers who try to trash you or bring you down

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-26-2014 at 10:20 PM..

Old 06-26-2014, 08:49 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
A lot of the first time posters are getting a bit more creative at least.
In case this is real though, it is in the past and no need to mention it.
If it is mentioned at some point tell the truth about what happened
and move on from there.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:51 PM

782 posts, read 1,086,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
If you want to be honest with him, don't get into details. Tell the BF you and Tod (Ted's acquaintance) made out one time, and leave it at that. No details. And, also, tell him you're embarrassed, and wanted him to know because you want to be honest with him.
"[Bleep] a bunch of guys" ~ "made out one time, and leave it at that" = honesty.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-26-2014 at 10:21 PM..

Old 06-26-2014, 08:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,699 times
Of course I don't want to tell anyone!! And of course I'm embarassed. It was just such a completely "not nice girl" thing to do. I'm worried that if that guy tells people and Ted finds out he'll freak out or something. I don't know if it's in my head or what but I think Ted has been acting strange today. Don't know if to actually say it or to downplay or what. I really wish this was a made up thing but it's not and I don't feel so good.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:03 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Nothing good can come from this. It's just nasty. How did you ever get THAT out of control??

You can never outrun this story, because TED's co-worker was not the only man there.

If you want to end this particular kind of misery, the misery of uncertainty and shame, tell Ted the WHOLE truth. But it probably won't end well.

Also, what kind of animals were in that box that night??

Old 06-26-2014, 09:21 PM

26 posts, read 28,190 times
I don't feel sorry for you.

Do you think you can go through life without certain actions leading to consequences? There is always cause and effect. People just want to blow smoke up your ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships