Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 08:25 AM

281 posts, read 247,778 times

Advertisements

You liked her for quite awhile. But you did not tell her for about a year. why? Does did happen to any of you??

This does not happen to me, but to a friend. The guy told me he is not ready. Not ready? He is 30+ . Yet he won't let my friend knows that he likes her . Isn't he afraid that he is going missed her if he doesn't step forward soon?

I don't have this kind of patience and I admire for having it. Personally, I would go CRAZY!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 08:28 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,943,325 times
He probably needs to get his life together first.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:31 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,854,175 times
So the friend is 30 with a junior high mentality?

That results in being forever alone.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
He probably needs to get his life together first.

That is what he said. Granted, the guy is extremely busy. He has his hands on too many projects at work, work late hours, etc...but still....I just don't get it at all.

SD4020, can you explain how he has a junior high mentality?

Old 07-13-2014, 08:39 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,204,349 times
How is he financially?

Maybe he feels his life isn't in order yet.

Or he may be afraid of rejection - some people never learn to handle that, and it results in them being shy.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:41 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,741,055 times
If a guy likes me, I would rather him tell me.

Although, in most cases it has caused complications since I didn't like them back. I can't really talk about this though since I am often too shy to tell guys how I feel about them. I just know holding in feelings is worse than not telling them. As of right now I don't believe I am well established to have a relationship yet.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post
That is what he said. Granted, the guy is extremely busy. He has his hands on too many projects at work, work late hours, etc...but still....I just don't get it at all.

He might feel he needs to prepare himself for a life change and if he is willing to work less.Share time with another.Relationships are work and fun rolled up in one.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

Although, in most cases it has caused complications since I didn't like them back. I can't really talk about this though since I am often too shy to tell guys how I feel about them. I just know holding in feelings is worse than not telling them. As of right now I don't believe I am well established to have a relationship yet.
I like when a guy tells me too.

You will get there Auraliea.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:49 AM

845 posts, read 1,351,661 times
Quote:

It's usually a lot harder if it's a fellow co-worker. I can't tell if it is a coworker or not, from the OP's story. I don't blame him though. He could tell her he likes her but then what? He's works a lot, doesn't take a lot of time off. It would be pretty difficult to fit a relationship in at that time. Then again, if he wants a relationship with anyone, he'll need to make some changes or sacrifice a party of his life style.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
How is he financially?

Maybe he feels his life isn't in order yet.

Or he may be afraid of rejection - some people never learn to handle that, and it results in them being shy.
He is financially well off although he want to open his own business so that is what he is doing now

Quote:

He is anything but shy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
He might feel he needs to prepare himself for a life change and if he is willing to work less.Share time with another.Relationships are work and fun rolled up in one.
Maybe that's the problem. He feels that he is not at the point he can take it down a notch yẹt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
It's usually a lot harder if it's a fellow co-worker. I can't tell if it is a coworker or not, from the OP's story. I don't blame him though. He could tell her he likes her but then what? He's works a lot, doesn't take a lot of time off. It would be pretty difficult to fit a relationship in at that time. Then again, if he wants a relationship with anyone, he'll need to make some changes or sacrifice a party of his life style.

LoL They are coworker yes. However, he is leaving in a year because of his private business. Well, it's his plan at least.

Anyway, I guess I understand now. I am a very impulsive person and it would KILL me if I keep it inside, but for him, I have to admire his patience. Well, his lost, I think my friend is going to date someone else this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships