Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 07:56 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Nuttin, you've just been using the finger a lot more than words recently, it's as if you want to tell people to, well, no, maybe, possibly, I'm just projecting. Pay me no mind, I'm bored, nothing on tv, I finished the book I was reading, so now all I have to do is stop procrastinating and read another book that I've had in my possession for way too long because I forgot to return it with the previous batch I renewed it once or twice, but, it looks like I might have to renew again if I'm actually going to read it, but just not in the mood for another book about psycho sadistic murderers..

Ok, I'm ready for the finger.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:56 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Unless your computer has like a million viruses on it, or your motherboard literally melts(which is what happened to my previous laptop), as long as you can reach the internet you can pretty much find any solution to any problem via google.
Yeah....that's true.

I just know nothing about them. lol

Old 08-16-2014, 07:59 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
oh no! It's just fine! my issue was reasonably small enough that I solved it in an hour and most of it was just me waiting for my protection to fix it.

And on your subject, I really need to buy a Wok and a Rice cooker. Stove top rice is not even peasant food it's so bad. The rice I get out of a rice cooker is so much better it's in a whole other world of taste. plus I can steam veggies in it!

I've never used a wok, but I've seen people use them in videos, and I'd love to make some asian dishes with them, or start learning how to make asian dishes!

Took my laptop into town to have repaired and all the desktop stuff put onto an external hard drive because the laptop would not even boot up.
They took it, took the hard drive out and transferred all the data onto an external, gave me the computer back and told me I needed a new one.
I stewed about that for a week then last Sunday I took my beloved Compaq out, put it on my desk and started doing research on my Husband's laptop.
It took me 2 full days but I have my beloved Compaq back and I am currently using it, I had to do a complete recovery back to factory spec but I did not mind at all since I had all of my information already.
The first "update" was 126 items and I had to do a work around microsoft to get my ie 7 updated to the current one.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Yeah....that's true.

download malwarebytes and get microsoft security essentials, if you don't have either.

They're both amazing and fixed the roots of my problems and prevented anymore from happening.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:01 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Mr. Frog,

A word of warning about the Wok, the one I have is cast iron and the Wok cooks very differently than any other pan and the cast iron Wok needs extremely hot fire. We have propane so the heat is adequate for the wok but natural gas tends to burn at a lower temperature.
Obviously mine is a stove top and not an electric, I have never used one of those.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Took my laptop into town to have repaired and all the desktop stuff put onto an external hard drive because the laptop would not even boot up.
They took it, took the hard drive out and transferred all the data onto an external, gave me the computer back and told me I needed a new one.
I stewed about that for a week then last Sunday I took my beloved Compaq out, put it on my desk and started doing research on my Husband's laptop.
It took me 2 full days but I have my beloved Compaq back and I am currently using it, I had to do a complete recovery back to factory spec but I did not mind at all since I had all of my information already.
The first "update" was 126 items and I had to do a work around microsoft to get my ie 7 updated to the current one.
I'll only accept "you need a new computer" when they tell me that my graphics card melted onto my motherboard, which is kind of difficult to replace on a laptop, and expensive.

I think I've got some CD's that are full of my back up data somewhere, but I think if my computer completely crashes on me, with the age of this computer I may just buy another one anyway.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Mr. Frog,

A word of warning about the Wok, the one I have is cast iron and the Wok cooks very differently than any other pan and the cast iron Wok needs extremely hot fire. We have propane so the heat is adequate for the wok but natural gas tends to burn at a lower temperature.
Obviously mine is a stove top and not an electric, I have never used one of those.
I'm assuming I can probably shop around and find one that isn't cast-iron, because I only use gas.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:07 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

Ha, ha, ha,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Yeah....that's true.

If I can fix all the problems I've ever encountered on my pc including the infamous blue screen, and all informations has been lost, anyone can do it. May take some patience, but, it can be done. I've yet to have anyone else work on this old timer and I bought it used off of ebay six years ago, but it keeps on tickin, I'm going to miss the old gal when I give my cable company the boot.

And on the wok, I hope you cook with gas, or you may not get great results using it on an electric stove though they have attachments to make the heat distribute better on the bottom, but still doesn't work as well. That reminds me when I moved out of an ex-boyfriend's, he wouldn't give me my wok, said he couldn't find it. LOL.

PS, forgot to mention, the pc I paid close to $2000 for from HP, was a piece of junk that gave me more headaches than it was worth, glad it got stolen.

Last edited by TRosa; 08-16-2014 at 08:18 PM..

Old 08-16-2014, 08:22 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
You can get a wok from the wookies.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=wook...w=1280&bih=617

Old 08-16-2014, 08:23 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
You can get a wok from the wookies.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=wook...w=1280&bih=617
LOL, you can't get away from these guys in this thread...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships