Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 09:15 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

It's part of their art form. It has been going on for centuries. Like Oscar Wilde, Jimi Hendrix, well, most of the 27 club. Hunter S Thompson. The pain is real, whether physical or mental.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:21 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
A few years ago Robin had a heart attack. They split his chest open to save his life.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:22 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It's part of their art form. It has been going on for centuries. Like Oscar Wilde, Jimi Hendrix, well, most of the 27 club. Hunter S Thompson. The pain is real, whether physical or mental.
I clown around here on the forum a lot and people are actually quite surprised when I talk about anxiety or depression issues...... I've never truly known what it's like to feel content, I have moments, but I've struggled with anxiety and depression my whole life, it's a like a big bag of stones you have to drag around...... IDK.... don't want to bring the mood down too much more than it already is...

I've often thought to myself that life would just easier if I was dead, but I've never once in my life actually stared that demon face to face, I mean to actually take that step.... I guess my low depths aren't as low as I think they are... good lord... people that commit suicide must really be in despair, cause I know how crappy I feel, and suicide has never been or will be on the table for me......thankfully.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:29 PM

Life is very precious. Life is too short already. I saw men & women who served their country at war, when they were 18, when they died. They had barely begun to live...

Old 08-11-2014, 09:30 PM

346 posts, read 351,884 times
Life is never that bad to the point where you should kill yourself. Bad times eventually get better. Suicide is taking a temporary problem and applying a permanent solution.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:36 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
I had a few drinks after work soon as I found out-
But I still felt the sadness.
Only 2 other celebs have gotten me this down when they passed away- Elvis & John Lennon....
Robin Williams was right up there w/ them.....legendary

Old 08-11-2014, 09:37 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I clown around here on the forum a lot and people are actually quite surprised when I talk about anxiety or depression issues...... I've never truly known what it's like to feel content, I have moments, but I've struggled with anxiety and depression my whole life, it's a like a big bag of stones you have to drag around...... IDK.... don't want to bring the mood down too much more than it already is...

I've often thought to myself that life would just easier if I was dead, but I've never once in my life actually stared that demon face to face, I mean to actually take that step.... I guess my low depths aren't as low as I think they are... good lord... people that commit suicide must really be in despair, cause I know how crappy I feel, and suicide has never been or will be on the table for me......thankfully.
People have no idea, just how low that is and it can't really be explained in a way those that haven't experienced that depth can it be understood by those other than mostly trained professional can they fathom it. For those that think it's just someone taking a permanent solution to a temporary problem, only when it's not with someone that is affected with an imbalance or when they're in the moment.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:41 PM

I've always liked & laughed to the movie "Jack"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHaFdSx26WM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7xlsaq4sP4

Old 08-11-2014, 09:48 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
I've had my close calls with anxiety and depression, I seem to work through it. Humor is a great coping mechanism. It helped me to cope with cancer. It also gives me understanding and hopefully a measure of empathy.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:45 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I t sucks when you see other people happy and not even in a jealous sort of way but in the back of your mind you think to yourself that you don't really know how to be like that.

I wish i could be content with a dead end job just getting by each month It not even the money well that a lie it is about the money no one works for free like the joker said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYMnAUGFuG0

I wanted a career and to work with people on my level and I hope my future coworkers are not just going through the motions . At my job there's so many third wheels up here, I feel like I am in a tricycle factory. Do you know what it is like to work with people that do not get any cultural references ? How am I going to care a conversation with anyone?

In someway I envy people that are content working a dead end job and getting drunk every night or just never doing anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships