Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 07:52 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparkz View Post
I don't have issues getting dates, but yes, I only date attractive women.
Somehow I'm not convinced. You have a chip on your shoulder about women, and consider them your enemy. You might get a date now and then with someone good looking, but I doubt your dates are successful. Am I correct?

Old 07-20-2014, 07:55 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
I don't have issues getting dates, but yes, I only date attractive women.
Who the hell dates people they are not attracted to?

Old 07-20-2014, 07:56 PM

113 posts, read 111,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Somehow I'm not convinced. You have a chip on your shoulder about women, and consider them your enemy. You might get a date now and then with someone good looking, but I doubt your dates are successful. Am I correct?
I'm currently in a relationship for over a year now. She is far from my enemy. So no, you are not correct. I've been with more women than your average guy and have had 3 other long term serious relationships.

I know you wish guys like me struggle in the dating world, sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I'm currently in a relationship for over a year now. She is far from my enemy. So no, you are not correct. I've been with more women than your average guy and have had 3 other long term serious relationships.

I know you wish guys like me struggle in the dating world, sorry to burst your bubble.
I'm not wishing you anything. I simply have noticed that you are defensive when it comes to women, so the direct assumption is that you have unsuccessful relationships with women.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:04 PM

113 posts, read 111,512 times
Quote:
I'm not wishing you anything. I simply have noticed that you are defensive when it comes to women, so the direct assumption is that you have unsuccessful relationships with women.
I wouldn't say calling it like it is defensive but suit yourself.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:04 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Who the hell dates people they are not attracted to?
Well, the best answer is no one, but you see a lot of posters here telling a lot of men and some of the women to lower there standards super low in order to find someone.

I would agree that a person should lower there standards a bit if they are really high compared to themselves, but there is a point for each person that they probably aren't able to go any lower. Sometimes even going as low as they can possibly go still won't result in finding that special someone.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Well, the best answer is no one, but you see a lot of posters here telling a lot of men and some of the women to lower there standards super low in order to find someone.

I would agree that a person should lower there standards a bit if they are really high compared to themselves, but there is a point for each person that they probably aren't able to go any lower. Sometimes even going as low as they can possibly go still won't result in finding that special someone.
Today I had dinner with a group of folks, and a couple was there who are crazy about each other whom I know very well. He's incredibly good looking, very fit and muscular, very intelligent, and a successful, wealthy professional. She's somewhat cute (nothing to write home about in the model sense). In no way does she measure up to his attractiveness. While she's of average intelligence, she neither works, nor does she have any past successes. These two have been together now 11 years. They can't take their hands off one another - literally. When he first saw her, he had no intention of asking her out. He didn't find her attractive. His idea of a good looking woman was far from what she looks like. Things happened and they ended up on a group date by accident, and he liked her personality, so he asked her out another day. Soon he was crazy about her.

Someone else I know VERY well is successful, was divorced, great looking, very fit, and he just married not long ago a successful woman who is not good looking. I can say that because I see them all the time. She's got a high position in government (not here in the U.S.), and she's a published author and professor. However, she just doesn't have it in the looks department. But she's very self-confident, and this man is CRAZY about this woman. In fact, they spend a huge amount of time in bed (it's a pain in the ***** to call them sometimes), and travel a lot. They're sooo happy. They've been married two years.

I didn't mean to get into so much details about these two couples, but here are two examples of men who are with women who are not exactly model types at all, and yet these men are very, very happy. Sometimes it's not looks that makes people happy and fulfilled.

Last edited by Saritaschihuahua; 07-20-2014 at 09:04 PM..

Old 07-20-2014, 08:41 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Today I had dinner with a group of folks, and a couple was there who are crazy about each other whom I know very well. He's incredibly good looking, very fit and muscular, very intelligent, and a successful, wealthy professional. She's somewhat cute (nothing to write home about in the model sense). In no way does she measure up to his attractiveness. While she's of average intelligence, she neither works, nor does she have any past successes. These two have been together now 11 years. They can't take their hands off one another - literally. When he first saw her, he had no intention of asking her out. He didn't find her attractive. His idea of a good looking woman was far from what she looks like. Things happened and they ended up on a group date by accident, and he liked her personality, so he asked her out another day. Soon he was crazy about her.

Someone else I know VERY well is successful, divorced, great looking, very fit, and he just married a successful woman who is not good looking. I can say that because I see them all the time. She's got a high position in government (not here in the U.S.), and she's a published author and professor. However, she just doesn't have it in the looks department. But she's very self-confident, and this man is CRAZY about this woman. In fact, they spend a huge amount of time in bed (it's a pain in the ***** to call them sometimes), and travel a lot. They're sooo happy. They've been married two years.

I didn't mean to get into so much details about these two couples, but here are two examples of men who are with women who are not exactly model types at all, and yet these men are very, very happy. Sometimes it's not looks that makes people happy and fulfilled.
I've always looked past the physical, but most men on here complain about physical appearance, so I can see why you made this post. I care more about a woman's personality and her intelligence than what she looks like physically, though I know what she looks like does play some kind of role in my attraction to her, it's more like the 3rd check mark.

But yeah, a lot of men on this forum will complain about a woman's looks and not even bring into question what she is like on the inside. Attraction starts and stops at there waist line, cup size and curves. Not so much for me.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:42 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
I don't consider this a lowering of standards. Because my standards include -- good personality, brains, etc. I give a wide variety of women a chance, because personality, loyalty, brains, etc. isn't something you can observe, it's not externally obvious. You have to get to know the person. And people can surprise you. For better or worse. The drop dead gorgeous woman can turn out to have a potty mouth or be an airhead. Or she might seem cool but she later takes a shine to your best friend. The average-looking woman can turn out to have a fascinating career and a generous and sweet spirit. I'd be lowering my standards to pass somebody like that up! So the standards thing isn't as black-and-white as some people paint it. Life is complex, human beings are complex, and human relations are, too.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:44 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I've always looked past the physical, but most men on here complain about physical appearance, so I can see why you made this post. I care more about a woman's personality and her intelligence than what she looks like physically, though I know what she looks like does play some kind of role in my attraction to her, it's more like the 3rd check mark.

But yeah, a lot of men on this forum will complain about a woman's looks and not even bring into question what she is like on the inside. Attraction starts and stops at there waist line, cup size and curves. Not so much for me.
This. The Frog said it best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships