Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2014, 08:56 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,682,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaloba View Post
Well, no. A lot of people use a variety of sites (both paid and free) because they all hit different populations. For example, POF has a reputation (deserved or not) for just being a hookup type site for younger people. Match is like a "higher class" of people, if you will. I don't mean "aristocrats" but people who are looking for more serious relationships. eHarmony, from what I hear, is supposed to be slightly more "serious" than Match because you have to fill out their lengthy questionnaire. I've talked to some people who say that it's the "highest class" dating website, which their commercials on TV imply is true.

I've used all of them, too, for the same reason. I've lived in areas where the population is low, so you basically try to maximize who you're reaching. Basically, it's the same as not just using radio ads, but also TV ads and print ads. Radio will hit the older crowd, TV will hit the younger crowd.
I have zero trust in Match.com. I think they're all about swindling naive, lonely people out of their money by presenting them with fake potential matches. I also don't like EH because it's too limiting. So in my opinion, they're both a waste of time and money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 09:01 AM

214 posts, read 207,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
Okay that's understandable, but never the less, it had a lot of the same girls who have been on there for a while. This was a couple of months after I left OKcupid.
The big problem with online sites is that even the pay sites allow free membership, so lots of people make "dummy" accounts and aren't paid members. They're just there to look to see who is on the site. I do that, every time I move. I just want to see if it's worth signing up. If I see a lot of women I'm not interested in, I just pass. You know what I mean?

Old 08-07-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I have zero trust in Match.com. I think they're all about swindling naive, lonely people out of their money by presenting them with fake potential matches. I also don't like EH because it's too limiting. So in my opinion, they're both a waste of time and money.
I haven't had luck with either, lol, so I'd agree, but that's just me being a hater.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I could go on plenty of fish and have a BBW at my house tonight if I wanted.
Yeah, that's what I mean about it being a hookup site. Same thing with OKCupid. From what I can tell, it's just people who are like "anyone want to have sex?" and then just go at it.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:13 AM

814 posts, read 763,949 times
Quote:
I've done both. I've only met one LTR online, and it was on match.com. I would only message women that I was actually interested in dating when I was on Match. This meant that they had to be at least average looking and educated. I would never pay money to meet a booty call. I could go on plenty of fish and have a BBW at my house tonight if I wanted. This is why a lot of bigger women will message guys way out of their league on free dating sites. They know that a lot of these guys will give them play. I have a buddy that's currently hooking up with a girl he met on POF. He's over 6ft and built like a pro athlete, yet the woman he's currently sleeping with is easily over 200lbs. To his defense she's actually pretty cute in the face and nicely shaped for a woman her size; however, he's only keeping her around until someone date-worthy shows up. The problem with this is that now this girl is going to reject any decent guy that is willing to date her, due to having her ego blown up from knocking boots with a good looking successful guy for a few months.
So much truth in this that it's depressing.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:15 AM

814 posts, read 763,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaloba View Post
Yeah, that's what I mean about it being a hookup site. Same thing with OKCupid. From what I can tell, it's just people who are like "anyone want to have sex?" and then just go at it.
I think guys sign up with good intentions and after it doesn't go the way they hoped is when they just except it for what it is.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:51 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,184,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
I think guys sign up with good intentions and after it doesn't go the way they hoped is when they just except it for what it is.
This is spot on IMO.

The first lime I did POF, I gave up on meeting someone for a relationship after about a month of women flaking on me. It was at that point that I decided to except it for what it is, and nail a few hogs, until I met someone datable in real life. I could never meet a woman like my current GF online, as she would just get swarmed. I would never be able to keep her attention.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:04 PM

8,761 posts, read 9,505,977 times
Quote:
I've done both. I've only met one LTR online, and it was on match.com. I would only message women that I was actually interested in dating when I was on Match. This meant that they had to be at least average looking and educated. I would never pay money to meet a booty call. I could go on plenty of fish and have a BBW at my house tonight if I wanted. This is why a lot of bigger women will message guys way out of their league on free dating sites. They know that a lot of these guys will give them play. I have a buddy that's currently hooking up with a girl he met on POF. He's over 6ft and built like a pro athlete, yet the woman he's currently sleeping with is easily over 200lbs. To his defense she's actually pretty cute in the face and nicely shaped for a woman her size; however, he's only keeping her around until someone date-worthy shows up. The problem with this is that now this girl is going to reject any decent guy that is willing to date her, due to having her ego blown up from knocking boots with a good looking successful guy for a few months.
What's with you and the attack on larger women? Did one of us fat people set you off, why not some other feature like women with cleft feet, really big head, crossed eyes, bucked tooth, why does it always have to fall on fat women, surely it isn't only weighty woman you find unappealing.

IMO, Match .com isn't any different than the other sites, paid membership or not, you meet the same small minded types of people looking for hookup as you do no matter where you go. Now as far as getting a bbw to come to your door, I imagine it would have to be one with very low self esteem, I don't know any that dense or desperate who would put up with such low grade mentalities. Myself, I don't deal in leagues, a person likes me, I like them we click, that's all that matters, I don't care how attractive the person is or isn't your looks, income don't determine if you are out of reach for me, I'm as good as you unless you can catch bullets with your teeth, flap your arms and fly. You can limit yourself in whom you think you are worthy to keep company with, I've never had to, never will. Not all people have the same taste, but as long as I've been on the planet, I've found enough people quite happy to be in my company in real life. You may think us larger women are uggs, but that's perfectly ok, I think hostile men that make derogatory remarks about people based on outward appearances quite unattractive, so that right there cancels out any opinions they have about me.

Now for choosing people, I talk to who talks to me, if someone sends me a message, I message them back unless it's rude or indicates to me that the person's soul purpose is to solicit se xual favors of any kind. I could talk about all the different types I've communicated with, some more amusing than others, some very nice, but just too far, when I say too far, out of the state, out of the country. But the one thing I can say, so far the men I've encounter on OKC, have mostly been much more gentlemanly than most of the men I ever chatted with on Match. On match, thats where I was contacted by men looking for hookups, with the filters on OKC, seems they've read my profile and know quite quickly, I'm not having it. Because you rate big women as low tier, doesn't mean everyone does, hasn't been my experience at all, but then I surround myself with a different caliber of humans than those that have charts and graphs for how they view people's worth when it comes to how you care about them and socialize.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:25 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,130,389 times
Frankly, I just don't get it. Men here complain about not getting responses (and ultimately dates) yet I have emailed guys back and they drop out of sight. This is AFTER they have initiated the exchange. One guy told me that he is shy, so he wasn't sure how well he would write. I told him that it's okay, that I would make conversations easy between us. He is MIA.

And I am exceptionally tired of liars. If I quit the dating sites, I would only have to worry about the liars amongst the very few people I might bump into IRL.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Because you rate big women as low tier, doesn't mean everyone does, hasn't been my experience at all, but then I surround myself with a different caliber of humans than those that have charts and graphs for how they view people's worth when it comes to how you care about them and socialize.
Obviously, I can see how you would take it as us dumping on big women as being "low tier," but we mean it in terms of attractiveness, not "as human beings." You may think that's no better, but I'm not going to apologize for not being attracted to certain people or being attracted to certain people. Being attracted to bigger women doesn't make people "different caliber" (which would probably imply "better caliber"). It just means they're attracted to bigger women, which is great. I'm all for you finding and being with someone who is attracted to who you are. It's not just something only big women experience, either. There are tons of women who are not attracted to me and that doesn't make them bad people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships