Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2014, 07:31 PM

8,761 posts, read 9,505,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaloba View Post
Obviously, I can see how you would take it as us dumping on big women as being "low tier," but we mean it in terms of attractiveness, not "as human beings." You may think that's no better, but I'm not going to apologize for not being attracted to certain people or being attracted to certain people. Being attracted to bigger women doesn't make people "different caliber" (which would probably imply "better caliber"). It just means they're attracted to bigger women, which is great. I'm all for you finding and being with someone who is attracted to who you are. It's not just something only big women experience, either. There are tons of women who are not attracted to me and that doesn't make them bad people.
No, that's exactly how it was phrased, I called it as it was stated. By what was said we, fat people, were grouped into a league and were told we should only expect to be found attractive for the purpose of being used if someone, of what some of you consider a higher tier, communicated with us on the dating sites. I am saying, you and two live crew might think this way, but, it isn't how all men feel, just because that's how you and so many have had it ingrained into your heads to believe it to be. People who purport to think, talk for everyone else and decide to label someone to only be worthy of, this or that, are the people I refer to when I speak of caliber. I don't expect nor feel anything is wrong with you not having an attraction to someone of my size, that's not what's at issue, it is the over all way in which these woman are constantly being blamed for all the woes of these men and then being dumped on just because they don't sit quiet in a corner and settle for scraps, since that's all they are deemed worthy of. That is a very unattractive trait except to those people, I wouldn't want to be associated with in any kind of way just as much as I wouldn't want to want to be associated with those that dump on certain physical attributes of men. I don't exchange messages with the stupid men on sites, they far outweigh fat women on these dating sites. Stupid is a whole lot of ugly. I know some people can't help stupid just like some people can't help being fat. Not all, but some, on both counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 07:37 PM

214 posts, read 207,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
that's not what's at issue, it is the over all way in which these woman are constantly being blamed for all the woes of these men and then being dumped on just because they don't sit quiet in a corner and settle for scraps, since that's all they are deemed worthy of
I don't think anyone is saying that big women should settle for being used for pity sex or whatever. I think that people are acknowledging that some men do that and, basically, it's up to the woman to decide whether she wants to allow that or not. That's the honest reality of the situation. That hardly makes me "pro-what the guy is doing." Nobody asked me what I feel about that. Had you done so, I'd tell you that the guy is pretty despicable and I don't respect him at all. Then again, I'm not really keen on people who do random hookups in general.

If I was the woman, I'd just meet the guy and as soon as it became apparent what he was doing, I'd leave. If a woman can't do that or doesn't want to, then that's unfortunate but it's not my problem. It still doesn't mean I support that activity, but neither am I going to be held at fault for what other people are doing.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I don't think anyone is saying that big women should settle for being used for pity sex or whatever. I think that people are acknowledging that some men do that and, basically, it's up to the woman to decide whether she wants to allow that or not. That's the honest reality of the situation. That hardly makes me "pro-what the guy is doing." Nobody asked me what I feel about that. Had you done so, I'd tell you that the guy is pretty despicable and I don't respect him at all. Then again, I'm not really keen on people who do random hookups in general.

If I was the woman, I'd just meet the guy and as soon as it became apparent what he was doing, I'd leave. If a woman can't do that or doesn't want to, then that's unfortunate but it's not my problem. It still doesn't mean I support that activity, but neither am I going to be held at fault for what other people are doing.
You may not have been one to make such statements and if that is so, I apologize for including you in that group, but, some did make such claims by what they said. All anyone has to do is read back a couple of pages if they need clarification. You pulled me aside to quote me, I didn't point you out specifically, I was commenting on a couple of other statements that indeed were laying such claims, not in exact wording, but one would have to be pretty dense to come to any other conclusion when they clearly stated these women were reaching out of their league. Why even broach it, what was the point of that in that except to insult certain members. These children are angry and are striking out the best way they know how, clearly below the belt tactics. Are there predatory people out there that will take advantage of larger women with low self-esteem, of course, and some of those women know they are being used and some of them are loving every minute of it, Low esteem men getting laid by low esteem women win win for all involved depending on who's calling it. He's a ho, she's a ho whatever.

So if you were one not to jump on that bandwagon, my postings don't apply to you.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
one would have to be pretty dense to come to any other conclusion when they clearly stated these women were reaching out of their league. Why even broach it, what was the point of that in that except to insult certain members.
Because the viewpoint of people who aren't attracted to big women is that a big woman is of a lower league. That's not an absolute, that's what we think. She, in turn, might look at me and say "what a loser, OK, I'll do him a favor." Do you see what I mean? What I feel about her league relative to me is only relevant to ME. Likewise, her opinion of her league is her business. I recognize that certain women feel they are out of my league -- regardless of whether that is "true" (which makes no sense, since her opinion makes it true by definition). I don't say it to hurt someone (and I wasn't the one who discussed it, I'm just explaining it because I have done so in the past), although I know people do that. When I personally talk about things like this, it's merely to explain what I'M personally thinking, not to impose my opinion of the woman on her.

Based on that, I don't know if you're still extending an apology towards me. If you are, I accept it. If not, I can live with it.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Because the viewpoint of people who aren't attracted to big women is that a big woman is of a lower league. That's not an absolute, that's what we think. She, in turn, might look at me and say "what a loser, OK, I'll do him a favor." Do you see what I mean? What I feel about her league relative to me is only relevant to ME. Likewise, her opinion of her league is her business. I recognize that certain women feel they are out of my league -- regardless of whether that is "true" (which makes no sense, since her opinion makes it true by definition). I don't say it to hurt someone (and I wasn't the one who discussed it, I'm just explaining it because I have done so in the past), although I know people do that. When I personally talk about things like this, it's merely to explain what I'M personally thinking, not to impose my opinion of the woman on her.

Based on that, I don't know if you're still extending an apology towards me. If you are, I accept it. If not, I can live with it.
Nope, rescinded, I don't respect those that put people into leagues in such a way. leagues except for sports and the like.

What many here do isn't just give their viewpoint, they state it as being the viewpoint for all and anyone that doesn't feel the same about such women are somehow strange creatures, but, that's more often due to their little psych world exposure. But then, maybe I too am not so nice because I think people who judge in that way, are not worthy of kind thoughts. So, noone of us are worthy people. Oh well, such is life, it will still turn even if we fall off. We'll both just have to live with it.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Nope, rescinded, I don't respect those that put people into leagues in such a way.
Oh, well, you're certainly free to do so, obviously, but that would mean you don't respect essentially everyone in the world. Even people who don't subscribe to "leagues" explicitly do so subconsciously, since we all evaluate people and accept or reject them based on our personal perceptions.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:46 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,029,253 times
Quote:
If I was the woman, I'd just meet the guy and as soon as it became apparent what he was doing, I'd leave.
How would you (a woman) know he was doing it?

(This is a serious question.)

Old 08-07-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Oh, well, you're certainly free to do so, obviously, but that would mean you don't respect essentially everyone in the world. Even people who don't subscribe to "leagues" explicitly do so subconsciously, since we all evaluate people and accept or reject them based on our personal perceptions.
That's fair, I don't like anyone, except the people that like me then and I shall doll out respect as I see fit. That sounds good to me.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:48 PM

48,709 posts, read 35,188,181 times
I found dating online to be a concentrated version of real life.

Tons of guys I wouldn't go out with, with a few gems. And yes, that excludes the good looking studlets with double digit IQs, guys my age with money and enough baggage to fill a 40 foot container, etc.

I'm not sure why people complain so much about online dating, if you don't like it, don't do it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-07-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
How would you (a woman) know he was doing it?

(This is a serious question.)
Just don't sleep with him immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships