Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2014, 10:10 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
I've used online dating. You think I'm just pulling this out of thin air?
I think your pulling it from a data set of fewer than 10 men, which is the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 10:11 PM

814 posts, read 759,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think your pulling it from a data set of fewer than 10 men, which is the same thing.
This is my experience, I didn't read this anywhere.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:15 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
This is my experience, I didn't read this anywhere.
Your experience is that you know why women don't reply to you? Are you a telepath?

Old 08-07-2014, 10:17 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Your experience is that you know why women don't reply to you? Are you a telepath?
Its not 10 men, I know several men who have the same issues. Perhaps its a regional issue, not sure. But one thing is for sure a lot of men have no luck on these sites.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:20 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Its not 10 men, I know several men who have the same issues. Perhaps its a regional issue, not sure. But one thing is for sure a lot of men have no luck on these sites.
Those women are dating somebody.... and it's usually the guys on the same sites as them.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-07-2014, 10:22 PM

214 posts, read 206,892 times
I'd agree with jaycich. If you message people ANYTHING, they'll at least look at your profile to see who you are. That doesn't mean much of anything, but that's all he said. Likewise, if you write a quirky or thoughtful message to them, they may reply but it doesn't mean anything necessarily. I've written something like "nice dog (in your picture), what breed is that?" That wasn't a pick-up line, I actually wanted to know. And they replied back what it was and I asked about it and never got any further response. So, it was basically just a small acknowledgement that I had spoken, but not much else.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:27 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,432 times
I've been on OKCupid for all of 36 hours and I'm already over it. Guys don't give a damn about my responses to those questions. They just message if they like the picture. I've had guys with whom I have nothing in common, or who have wildly different opinions on ethics and stuff like that. One guy messaged me that we had a lot in common--we were like a 60% match! Even PoF seemed better in my area.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:33 PM

214 posts, read 206,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Guys don't give a damn about my responses to those questions. They just message if they like the picture.
If you had asked me, I could have told you that. But that's how it works in real life, too. The first thing us guys notice is how you look. Honestly, I'm sure you knew that already. If you're going to OKC to find some deep, intellectual guy who cares about feelings, I'm pretty sure it's going to take you a while. Like I said, that place has a rep for being a "one-night stand setup site." It's like the new Craigslist sex ads.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:01 PM

814 posts, read 759,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I've been on OKCupid for all of 36 hours and I'm already over it. Guys don't give a damn about my responses to those questions. They just message if they like the picture. I've had guys with whom I have nothing in common, or who have wildly different opinions on ethics and stuff like that. One guy messaged me that we had a lot in common--we were like a 60% match! Even PoF seemed better in my area.
You don't have to everything in common with one another. First is attraction, then character, does he seem like someone you'd associate with. Talk a little about each others interest, even if you're not into the exact same thing. If what you hear sounds interesting, look to meet him in person and see if your mannerism is compatible with his. The same way you meet people in real life.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:08 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I'll get flamed for saying it, but from my experience with online dating, women tend to reach more than men when it comes to physical attractiveness, due to the amount of undeserved attention they receive online. A lot of guys message women far below their standards thinking it's a sure way to get laid. I've done this myself, and it's worked. The problem with this is that the less than attractive women that men will message seem to think that this is their league, and as a result, they start to reject the men that would actually date them. It's a vicious cycle that leads to people being on these sites for years without ever meeting anyone.

I feel that us guys seal our own fates with this behavior, as what comes around goes around. For every overweight woman that I've messaged or had a few late night romps with, there is some tall rich stud, that's doing the same thing to the girl next door types that are the type of girls that I would date in real life. Basically for every slightly better than average looking guy like myself that screws over the slightly below average looking guys, there are really good looking guys that screw over guys like myself by preying on women below their standards.

At the end of the day, my best advice is to avoid free online dating sites. If it doesn't work for you in the first 6 months, it will most likely never work for you.

Any guy that's actually serious about meeting someone for a LTR, is willing to pay for a match.com or E-harmony account IMO
Not my experience at all. Some of the ugliest men I have ever seen were the ones who contacted me. Real uggos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships