Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 10:47 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,732,359 times

Advertisements

I think it's perfectly find for a man (or woman) to never speak to someone again after they've rejected them.

Some people just aren't interested in friendship with that person and that is okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 10:48 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,342,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I think it's perfectly find for a man (or woman) to never speak to someone again after they've rejected them.

Some people just aren't interested in friendship with that person and that is okay.
^^ This

Old 08-01-2014, 10:49 AM

5,442 posts, read 4,702,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
How do I deal with it? I don't talk to them again. Once a woman rejects me, we have nothing else to discuss again.
Basically this in a nutshell.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:50 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,828,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
From his point of view, it is only going to torture him to be around someone who he feels strongly about that had made clear that person don't feel the same way. In that situation he is far better off cutting his losses so he does not waste time with someone who cannot return those feelings.
Quote:

I'm not disagreeing with either of these sentiments. I am just saying don't let it bring you down thinking someone "dislikes" you when it may just be something random like they have a sexual fetish you don't fit (in other words, don't blame yourself). I see too many men think disinterest = dislike and the later has some self esteem damaging connotations.

Meh, maybe I read too much into the "they don't like me" thought. I've been known to over think things

Old 08-01-2014, 10:53 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,732,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I'm not disagreeing with either of these sentiments. I am just saying don't let it bring you down thinking someone "dislikes" you when it may just be something random like they have a sexual fetish you don't fit (in other words, don't blame yourself). I see too many men think disinterest = dislike and the later has some self esteem damaging connotations.

Meh, maybe I read too much into the "they don't like me" thought. I've been known to over think things
Yes you are reading too much into it.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:18 AM

102,373 posts, read 108,666,141 times
Quote:

It's not about friendship. If they're work colleagues or are on a soccer team with you, or something, then it would be unnecessarily awkward if the guy refused to speak to someone they interact with. It would come off as childish. Surely a mature adult can manage to be cordial, rather than ignoring or avoiding someone for months or years.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's not about friendship. If they're work colleagues or are on a soccer team with you, or something, then it would be unnecessarily awkward if the guy refused to speak to someone they interact with. It would come off as childish. Surely a mature adult can manage to be cordial, rather than ignoring or avoiding someone for months or years.
Who cares if someone thinks it's childish lol. I personally don't care what others think of what I do. Their opinion doesn't matter.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:25 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,164,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

It's a sure sign that the person that rejected the other dodged a bullet. If the person can't take the high road and be an adult in the face of a polite rejection, they're not a person of character.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
From his point of view, it is only going to torture him to be around someone who he feels strongly about that had made clear that person don't feel the same way. In that situation he is far better off cutting his losses so he does not waste time with someone who cannot return those feelings.
Basically this.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:37 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,529,434 times
I would rather have someone ignore me, than stalk me or not take no for an answer, and keep asking me over and over again until I changed my mind. If a person is turned down, and only wants a romantic relationship with that person, it would absolutely be in their best interest to totally ignore that person. Cause if they don't, then they will feel like they are in the dreaded friend zone, and that would just make things worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships