Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 09:26 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,201 times

Advertisements

Lucky for me, all the women in my social circle are either married or back in Canada.

All I have is acquaintances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 11:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
How do I deal with it? I don't talk to them again. Once a woman rejects me, we have nothing else to discuss again.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:08 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Do you consider rejection and not being interested as the same thing?
Clearly this is the common usage on this forum. By much of the male contingent, anyway. Maybe we should have a "Definitions" thread.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:30 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
How do I deal with it? I don't talk to them again. Once a woman rejects me, we have nothing else to discuss again.
How's that working for you?

Old 08-01-2014, 12:59 AM

818 posts, read 917,271 times
OP , it sounds like you hit on every woman you know. and usually get rejected. So like others are saying, stop it.
They must see you as a pest or find you annoying ? Maybe try to work on your social skills ?

Old 08-01-2014, 01:04 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,057,058 times
Actually there is not a single form of 'rejection' but a rainbow of different colors and degrees.
One of the hallmarks of adulthood and maturity is how you handle this.

If there was nothing dishonorable in my approach and my offer, we knew each other a short time and it was turned down with tact and sprinkles of kindness and finality, it's no harm no foul no blood. I don't HAVE TO shrivel up like a sea anemone and hide my face, because I did nothing wrong.

but I admits
sometimes da pride gets the better of me and to quote Thin Lizzy: 'if that chick don't want to know, forget her'.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:49 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
I do the same.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:32 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
How's that working for you?
Great actually.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:47 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Rejection is a part of life. If a woman rejects me and I see her again, I won't refuse to talk to her. To do so makes you look petty and immature.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:05 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Guys, it's a pretty simple dilemma.

Women who don't know you at all are likely to reject you.

Women who you know really well, you don't want to get rejected by 'cuz that'll mess you up.

So, the middle ground is women you kinda know, through maybe friends, meetup groups, work, fringes of social circles, etc. Most of those women are bound to reject you too, but the odds are a little better.

I have, on a good (or bad if you will) day run into a number of women who have rejected me. And if you get rejected by two or more women in the same clique/social group/meetup group/workplace, it'll get around and it's kind of embarrassing.
So, how do you deal with having multiple women who have rejected you in your semi-regular life?
I think you asked a really great question, and I look at it differently.

Count the number of odds that most relationships usually work out and last forever (not that I'm condoning couples separating at any chance); compare that number to the amount of relationships that are successful and do work out from casual encounters, to meeting those close in proximity (work, group of friends), verses random complete strangers.

The further you move towards meeting people in your closest circle of relationships (good friends -> acquaintances -> complete strangers), the higher the quality and emotional closeness the friendship is, the higher the risk of greatest emotional rejection but the risk is worth taking because the closer and stronger the bond, the more potential the relationship has sustenance to last.

Since most relationships do not last (the odds are lower) due to compatibility (varied by personality, shared life experiences, lifestyle, socioeconomic background, etc., etc.,) you have so many factors when what it really boils down to is.. you really have to take that risk, especially when the person is a close friend, because the odds of them being a stronger match are higher. Most people who are friends are our friends, because they share important values and life experiences in common and are better able to relate with us when they see life from a similar path.

Anything worth investing in is a risk, and if you lose out a few times that's okay. We all eventually have to let go of something or someone in our lives at one point, even our loved ones when they pass away. In hindsight, what's really there to lose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships