Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 12:37 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,816,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Good riddance. Kindness shouldn't be gender-specific.
Thank you!

Old 08-09-2014, 12:43 PM

37,718 posts, read 46,149,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I don't go by what women say, I go by their actions. I tried opening a door for some women because I wanted to be nice. Of course, they called me a sexist jerk claiming "I can open my own doors!" So I let women open their own doors. Chivalry is dead.
You must live around some really horrible women. Thank goodness it's not like that here!!

Old 08-09-2014, 12:46 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,323,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You must live around some really horrible women. Thank goodness it's not like that here!!
Yeah, I've met some crappy women over the past few months.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:49 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,101,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No kidding...I cannot imagine snapping at someone simply because they opened a door.

If I'm walking ahead of someone and I come to the door first, I open it and let them pass. If someone snapped at me for that I think I'd be left completely speechless.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:53 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,206,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
No kidding...I cannot imagine snapping at someone simply because they opened a door.

If I'm walking ahead of someone and I come to the door first, I open it and let them pass. If someone snapped at me for that I think I'd be left completely speechless.
Agreed. I do the same. I have had some men and guys open doors for me. No big deal. I could be walking to church, and there'll be someone standing outside, and they walk over and open the door for me. I just nod and say thank you. If I am going somewhere and I get to the door first, I hold it open-men, women, couples, makes no difference.

So I do think some overly dramatic women have a hand in killing chivalry where a man doing anything nice is condescending and insulting.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:57 PM

52,384 posts, read 52,844,834 times
Chivalry doesn't mean eating dog****.... why is just doing little simple basic things like opening a door or being just slightly protective of a woman...

Why does these simple basic, easy to do and not out putting things, why do they offend the younger men so much... I ask sincerely without judgment... why does making a women feel just slightly special, why does that seem to offend the gen y crowd... women and men, apparently... men more so.......

I don't go around laying my jacket down in puddles of mud for women to walk across... but I do slight things... like I said.... just minor things like pulling a door open or allowing a woman to go in front of me if we happen to get to a line at the exact same time......

Again... why are these things so awful?????

Old 08-09-2014, 12:58 PM

51,027 posts, read 36,735,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I don't go by what women say, I go by their actions. I tried opening a door for some women because I wanted to be nice. Of course, they called me a sexist jerk claiming "I can open my own doors!" So I let women open their own doors. Chivalry is dead.
Sorry, I don't believe that for one second. People open doors for each other all the time going in and out of stores, etc. I have never in 52 years heard anyone get mad at anyone else for opening a door for them.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,028,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Sorry, I don't believe that for one second. People open doors for each other all the time going in and out of stores, etc. I have never in 52 years heard anyone get mad at anyone else for opening a door for them.
I believe him. I've been doing these chivalrous things for the majority of my life, and I've encountered many women who have said similar things.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:03 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,002,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

I do truly believe that the perception is in the mind of the posters, if someone is an azzhat to me I don't automatically think it's because of their gender, religion, race or anything else. I just think they are an azzhat.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-09-2014, 01:04 PM

51,027 posts, read 36,735,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I believe him. I've been doing these chivalrous things for the majority of my life, and I've encountered many women who have said similar things.
So you'd be at a 7-11 or something, and hold the door open for a woman behind you, and she called you a sexist jerk??? I live in New Jersey and even here where people are often rude and abrupt (including our own Governor), I have never heard of anything like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships