Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 01:34 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunetteBabe1005 View Post
I feel like I am being bullied and made fun of! I didn't ask for this. I just wanted honest opinions. There are no active love/relationship forums anywhere. City-Data seems to be the only place with active forums, where you will get responses, but everytime I post something. I get bashed, or bullied or made fun of. If you don't like what I post then you can move past it. You don't have to look at it or comment, just move past it. I changed my username cause I wanted to be more anonymous. But anyways, I feel once again I wasted my time. I feel like everyone just makes fun of me and bullies me. If you have any suggestions on where I can post or relationship forums, then I won't bother anyone on here, or be the object of ridicule. Thank you.
I don't want to come off as being a bully or making fun of you, and I don't think that was the intent of most of the other respondents, in all seriousness you should curb your drinking, if you are constantly drinking to the point of passing out and can't stop yourself once you have a few drinks the best thing to do is not to have that first drink. I know this because I had the same problem, I would tell myself I am only having two beers, but when I finished the second beer I would just continue drinking more and more, now I rarely keep alcohol in the house at all and only drink on rare occasion.

Secondly you may want to give a hard honest look at the kind of guys you are associating with, find someone who is supportive and really cares about you and that way you won't have to question things if you are in a secure relationship you won't need to second guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 01:39 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
How do you "unintentionally" friends zone someone you claim to have feeling for!?!

Is this like saying I was screwing someone else so he backed off?
Or
I didn't reply to his advances so he left me alone?

SPOILERS: It's not unintentional if you are aware.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
OP, this world of yours sounds really strange to me. Where you drink to the point of passing out. Party here, party there. Buy drugs, surround yourself with dealers and users...it isn't an environment where healthy can grow.
I don't think you're going to find a worthwhile relationship in that environment, in other words. If you want something worthwhile you'll have to work to get it. It sounds like this Steve guy is interested in getting laid, and that is all its about. If you want to be part of the party culture, that's what you'll be settling for. And who you will be to the guys who take part in it with you.
Well, I guess that wasn't your original question, but, my answer and advice is the same as some of the other posters' here who can see that your brain is so addled you can't think past the fact that you are just a fun time party girl, a booty call. Sure, you're going to have lots of guys who are just interested in sex for sex. If that's what you want then congratulations, that's what you have, and that's who you are right now.
You can jump from one bed to the next and no one will even blink, remember your name in a year, or care what happens to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
I don't want to come off as being a bully or making fun of you, and I don't think that was the intent of most of the other respondents, in all seriousness you should curb your drinking, if you are constantly drinking to the point of passing out and can't stop yourself once you have a few drinks the best thing to do is not to have that first drink. I know this because I had the same problem, I would tell myself I am only having two beers, but when I finished the second beer I would just continue drinking more and more, now I rarely keep alcohol in the house at all and only drink on rare occasion.

Secondly you may want to give a hard honest look at the kind of guys you are associating with, find someone who is supportive and really cares about you and that way you won't have to question things if you are in a secure relationship you won't need to second guess.
twp excellent posts here. OP you would be wise to read these and learn from them. this guy that is chasing you just wants a booty call, and you are on his list of chicks that will likely give it to him.

seriously, drug dealers and heavy alcohol usage? and you call this a lifestyle you want to pursue? if you do, you will be used up by the time you are 30, and you will have a seriously negative outlook on life by then as well.

so here is my advice to you;

1: seriously sit down and think about where you want to be in ten years, twenty years, thirty years, and analyze your life now and ask yourself if your current lifestyle will get you where you want to be in that time

2: map out and make the needed changes in your life to get where you want to be in the future. make a plan and stick with it.

3: start finding healthy relationships with people who will help you advance your long term plans.

now this is going to mean you have to stop hanging around drug dealers and hardcore partiers. you are going to have to pick your friends far more carefully than you do now. and you are going to have to cut WAY down on the amount of alcohol you drink. in fact i think right now you need to stop altogether for awhile, lets say six months. this will give you a chance to dry out, and get clear headed. then when you do attend parties, you should drink ginger ale on the rocks. that way you always look like you have an alcoholic drink in your hand, but you dont lose control.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:11 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,745 times
What do you get from this?

You're immature. Grow up! You get bashed coz you are not living responsibly.

And honestly? Providing weed for the guy is oh so jail worthy.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:28 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:
Please no bashing me lol. This guy friend of mine, Steve is pretty cool. I never mentioned him in my posts. Well I rejected him a lot (I will explain if you want me to) But I do have feelings for him. He use to show interest, but then he stopped talking to me for 4 months, because I unintentionally "friendzoned" him and so I haven't seen or heard from him then I go over to a friend's house and Steve is there, and he was really nice to me and seemed happy to see me. I am only assuming, but I think he has a girlfriend. He was saying to my friends how much he likes her, and she's beautiful etc. He never actually said it's his girlfriend, but they act like it on Facebook, and it's pretty noticeable. Steve calls me later in the day and he was asking if I knew anyone that would buy his weed cause he needed cash that night. I had a friend who was interested so I went over to Steve's house, and he was acting sexual and he was flirting, so I said "Steve you have a girlfriend! Stop it!" He said "No I don't" His sister calls, and he was saying to his sister, basically how clingy the girl is, and how he is disinterested in her basically. Then I noticed his "girlfriend" calls and he doesn't pick it up. I said I had to leave cause I am going on a date. He was noticeably upset about it, he kept questioning my date, "Who is he?" "What are you guys gonna do?" etc. He even said "Ditch your date and come to a party with me!" He just kept questioning. So I noticed he put something in my purse when I left I checked it and it was a note that said "Heather I love you sweetheart"

So I got stupid drunk with my date and came home, I texted Steve and said "I love you! In a gay way lol, Not trying to sound inappropriate buddy" He called me, and he said "Are you in love with that guy? Are you in love with your date?" I said "No but I had fun!" He then said "Come over my house, Please come over, I am having a house party, and there's beer you can stay here, come over babygirl" Lol, I agreed to go but then I passed out. I woke up to a text saying "Where are you?" and one by his friend saying "Where you at?" I felt bad so I texted Steve and said "Oh my! I am so embarrassed! I passed out and I was really drunk, I don't really remember last night. Sorry Steve <3" He never responded to my text. Now I don't know if he's mad? What do you get from all of this? Why would he care about my date if he has a girlfriend? Why would he question? If you were him how would you react? I don't know what to think of this. Thank you.
So Steve badmouths his girlfriend in front of his buddies, in front of you, and to his sister, and he flirts with you, wants to you to come over drunk.. and basically, he's a great guy...

And, your drinking drunk texting alone seems like you're coping in a way in which your judgment about the men in your life and your actions in your life currently... aren't meshing up here..

Old 08-14-2014, 12:05 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,300 times
Quote:
Please no bashing me lol. This guy friend of mine, Steve is pretty cool. I never mentioned him in my posts. Well I rejected him a lot (I will explain if you want me to) But I do have feelings for him. He use to show interest, but then he stopped talking to me for 4 months, because I unintentionally "friendzoned" him and so I haven't seen or heard from him then I go over to a friend's house and Steve is there, and he was really nice to me and seemed happy to see me. I am only assuming, but I think he has a girlfriend. He was saying to my friends how much he likes her, and she's beautiful etc. He never actually said it's his girlfriend, but they act like it on Facebook, and it's pretty noticeable. Steve calls me later in the day and he was asking if I knew anyone that would buy his weed cause he needed cash that night. I had a friend who was interested so I went over to Steve's house, and he was acting sexual and he was flirting, so I said "Steve you have a girlfriend! Stop it!" He said "No I don't" His sister calls, and he was saying to his sister, basically how clingy the girl is, and how he is disinterested in her basically. Then I noticed his "girlfriend" calls and he doesn't pick it up. I said I had to leave cause I am going on a date. He was noticeably upset about it, he kept questioning my date, "Who is he?" "What are you guys gonna do?" etc. He even said "Ditch your date and come to a party with me!" He just kept questioning. So I noticed he put something in my purse when I left I checked it and it was a note that said "Heather I love you sweetheart"

So I got stupid drunk with my date and came home, I texted Steve and said "I love you! In a gay way lol, Not trying to sound inappropriate buddy" He called me, and he said "Are you in love with that guy? Are you in love with your date?" I said "No but I had fun!" He then said "Come over my house, Please come over, I am having a house party, and there's beer you can stay here, come over babygirl" Lol, I agreed to go but then I passed out. I woke up to a text saying "Where are you?" and one by his friend saying "Where you at?" I felt bad so I texted Steve and said "Oh my! I am so embarrassed! I passed out and I was really drunk, I don't really remember last night. Sorry Steve <3" He never responded to my text. Now I don't know if he's mad? What do you get from all of this? Why would he care about my date if he has a girlfriend? Why would he question? If you were him how would you react? I don't know what to think of this. Thank you.

Thank God I'm no longer a teenager. Geez christ.....

Old 08-14-2014, 08:20 AM

226 posts, read 614,957 times
Woah! No! Steve is NOT a drug dealer. He smokes weed, but I wouldn't even consider him a pothead. He was just in need of cash that night and just wanted to know if I knew anyone that would buy his weed. He is no drug dealer though! I am not a drug addict, I work full time, and go to college. Right now I am just working full time, cause I took off college for the summer but will be in college again September 2nd. I have a good head on my shoulders, I don't smoke weed or drink all the time. I know college is more important than drinking and if I have an exam or finals, I'm not going to be partying, it's only when I have free time and if I don't have work the next day. I only party and drink when I can, it's not all the time. I do admit that sometimes, I do drink too much to the point of passing out and/or not remembering. That is bad, but it's not all the time. I do have responsibility. I really don't party that much, and when I do it's usually light drinking, I only get "smashed" sometimes, definitely not every time I drink. I know when to limit myself, but sometimes I have a "**** it" attitude and just will go all out drinking, but like I keep on saying it's only been a few times I did that. I am party girl, but I know to limit myself. Also yes I don't like to talk to my friends about this, cause everyone knows gossip and it will somehow get back to him whatever I say. I would rather talk about it on a forum, it's safer to do that. Thank you for everyone commenting! I do appreciate it!

Old 08-14-2014, 11:59 AM

oh, so now steve is not a drug dealer, and he isnt a pothead, even though he smokes, and sometimes sells weed when he needs money? sorry that dont cut it. if he smokes even once in a while he is a pothead. and even if he sells once in a while he is a dealer. stop apologizing for people that break the damn laws.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:00 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
if he smokes even once in a while he is a pothead. and even if he sells once in a while he is a dealer.

Those are pretty extreme positions, especially the former.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Those are pretty extreme positions, especially the former.
how is it extreme? he smokes pot right? thus he is a pothead. he has sold pot right? he is a dealer. either you are or are not and if you are doing these things, even just occasionally, you are these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships