Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 03:07 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Yep, definitely a male author.

Only a male author would have someone wearing a red shirt with coral lipstick/nails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 03:13 PM

986 posts, read 1,666,665 times
Hair loss. I began to lose my hair a few years back and it was embarrassing/humiliating and defeminizing.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:17 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Only a male author would have someone wearing a red shirt with coral lipstick/nails.
LOL! So true.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:21 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
I do know of one thing. I struggle from obtaining an orgasm, and I am a man.

My trouble is sensitivity, I always go commando, in almost every situation. So from some friction over time, I am not as sensitive as some men down in that area.

There are many times we have sex, and I do not get there. I mean we'll go for 30 minutes to an hour, and no joy.

She says this makes her feel less feminine. Now, I do of course achieve orgasm sometimes, and this makes up for it. But if you want to make a woman feel less like a woman, if she can't get her man off, I've been told that will do it pretty quick.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:03 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Do you mean something along the lines of a woman who loves her job and works long hours is often disparaged for neglecting her husband and family, but a man devoted to his career is a good provider? Or to flip that, some women feel guilty that they enjoy being at work and not at home.
This could be another one. A woman not carrying anything while the man carries everything is seen as the right thing but the other way around is seen as bad and emasculating. Your example is something that could make a woman feel defeminized. You are right.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:54 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
In that vein, I have a friend who's been unable to conceive after years of trying, and she's said that she feels like a failure as a woman because of it. It's the one thing her body was designed to do, and it won't do it.
On the flip side, and I know you didn't mean it this way, but not every woman wants to have children. Women are more at fault for doing this than men though, because they try to make me feel ashamed that I haven't procreated.

Sorry, but doing something that billions of people have done since the dawn of time does not make you special, and it doesn't make me any less of a woman that I don't have that maternal instinct.

(Again, not saying this toward you, fleetiebelle. Just toward the women that behave that way.)

Old 08-12-2014, 09:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre_Corriendo View Post
In the following passage from a Dean Koontz novel, the character Holly has just been thoroughly female-culated!!

In the far right corner of the room, a brunette sat on a stool behind a counter, doing paperwork. Every aspect and detail of her dress and grooming were advertisements for her sexuality. Her tight red T-shirt emphasized her ample chest and outlined nipples as large as cherries. With a touseled mane of chestnut hair given luster by artfully applied blond highlights, eyes subtly but exotically shadowed, mouth too lushly painted with deep-coral lipstick, a just-right tan, disablingly long fingernails painted to match the lipstick, and enough silvery costume jewelry to stock a display case, she would have been the perfect advertisement if women had been a product for sale in every local market.
"Does this thudding and grunting go on all day?" Holly asked.
"Most of the day, yeah."
"Doesn't it get to you?"
"Oh, yeah," the brunette said with a lascivious wink, "I know what you mean. They're like a bunch of bulls ramming at each other. I'm not here an hour every day till I'm so horny I can't stand it."
That was not what Holly had meant. She was suggesting that the noise was headache-inducing, not arousing. But she winked back, girl-to-girl, and said, "The boss in?"
"Eddie? He's doing a couple hundred flights of stairs," the woman said cryptically. "What'd you want?"
Holly explained that she was a reporter, working on a story that had a connection with Dojo.
The receptionist, if that's what she was, brightened at this news instead of glowering, as was often the case. Eddie, she said, was always looking to get publicity for the business. She rose from her stool and stepped to a door behind the counter, revealing that she was wearing high-heeled sandals and tight white shorts that clung to her butt as snugly as a coat of paint.
Holly was beginning to feel like a boy.
And corny.

[]

Old 08-13-2014, 10:02 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
This could be another one. A woman not carrying anything while the man carries everything is seen as the right thing but the other way around is seen as bad and emasculating. Your example is something that could make a woman feel defeminized. You are right.
Whut? Where do you get this stuff?
It is not expected for a man to carry my stuff. It does not emasculate him if he does not, it does not defeminize me if he does not. It is neither right nor wrong, good nor bad.

Women carry stuff all the time. For example, I go to the farmers co-op to buy stock feed in 50lb. bags, often I will load the feed myself or help the guys on the dock. The guys will say "l'll get it" (it is their job) and I will reply something to the effect that are they willing to come home with me because I have to unload it all by myself when I get to the barn. We all laugh, go our separate ways and no one is feeling guilty about anything, no one is judging our behavior as right or wrong.

And why on earth would working make a women feel defeminized? I think you have some misconception that all women are some sort of helpless, fragile little flowers that expect or want a man to do everything for them and that women base their sexuality on that and define themselves solely by their sexuality.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:08 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

There are many times we have sex, and I do not get there. I mean we'll go for 30 minutes to an hour, and no joy.

She says this makes her feel less feminine. Now, I do of course achieve orgasm sometimes, and this makes up for it. But if you want to make a woman feel less like a woman, if she can't get her man off, I've been told that will do it pretty quick.

I rarely, for better or worse, seemed to have found that most women don't mind after I reassure them. I just tell them truthfully that it feels really damn good even even though there is no O.

Just like with lots of women that love sex but don't O from it.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:14 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I rarely, for better or worse, seemed to have found that most women don't mind after I reassure them. I just tell them truthfully that it feels really damn good even even though there is no O.

Just like with lots of women that love sex but don't O from it.
And I tell them the same thing, and after you are with them for a time they generally accept that.

But put yourself in their mindset. Most guys its find something warm and wet, insert, and repeat. Within not to long he is good.

So when you go to a guy who has trouble achieving climax, it can be a shock I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships