Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 07:45 AM

64 posts, read 58,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
There is always hope as long as you two don't close the door each other for good. With time, he may come around. Best you stay single for now if you ever want any glimpse of hope that him may come back.

Until he or you jump into another relationship, there is always hope.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 07:46 AM

64 posts, read 58,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMGPA View Post
L2D this is the first time I am saying anything on this thread.

Your relationship was a rarity and it needed special care.

The way things are in this fubared world Kevin is going to be in harm's way quite often until he decides to exit the teams. He needs crystal clear mental clarity and the rest of his team needs that from him also.

Kevin will need his space so be careful.

You seem to have the advanced character trait of self introspection. Good to see in a young adult. That trait...if you listen to it can help you grow into a first class lady.

Best wishes to Kevin and yourself
Thanks!

Old 11-20-2014, 03:49 PM

14 posts, read 16,652 times
The feelings belong to the person that is having them. And unfortunately there's nothing to any other person can do to change them. Because once a person has a feeling it's too late to undo what has been done. That's why in this stupid thing called life we really need to try to think before we act. Only reason why I know this is because I have screwed up quite a few times. Hey I'm a man I just happens.

The most important thing you can do they show you care and give him the respect by you coming forward and you asking him let you know what his feelings were when he was watching you dancing. The biggest mistake I made is when the feelings are getting expressed that you don't interrupt him and you don't use comments or phrases such as "yes but you remember when?" "I don't think you should feel that way it was nothing" "you're just overreacting" "I hate it when you're this way" "I don't understand why you're so upset". I think you get the point - because all that does is minimize him and his feelings and basically you're telling him without speaking the actual word that you actually don't care that he may be hurting. You have to be able to take constructive criticism and and learn from it

Old 11-20-2014, 10:14 PM

596 posts, read 627,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Dance View Post
My fiance and I went out drinking and dancing about a week ago with his best friend. All 3 of us had been drinking all night long. When I started dancing with his friend Derek, we were acting silly, like we always do, but because of the alcohol, we may have been a little too flirty, we did end up dancing a little close and maybe a little too naughty. But it was all just innocent fun

I admit now that it was probably a mistake, but I thought we were just goofing around and having a good time. We both got lost in the music, people started cheering us on and we just kind of got caught up in the moment. Well apparently my fiance didn't find any of it amusing, he got mad and left the club while we were still dancing.

To make a long story short, he's upset and not talking to either of us. He says we humiliated and disrespected him. I said that I was sorry 100 times and I promised it wouldn't happen again, but he just won't forgive us and let it go. Yes, we screwed up, we had a little too much to drink and yes we got a little carried away, But I honestly can't see why he's making such a big deal out of this? We were only dancing.

It's been 3 days and he's still angry. I sent him a text last night and told him he was being silly, still no reply. What do you guys think? Isn't he over-reacting?
Hmm are you sure your fiance doesn't belong to this forum? Someone posted about this a few days ago....

Old 11-20-2014, 10:19 PM

5 posts, read 6,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Feelings are neither "right" or "wrong", they just are.

If he has told you he feels disrespected and humiliated than trust that he really feels this way.

As his girlfriend, supposedly the person who really cares about him, you should acknowledge his feelings instead of telling him he is "being silly" or "overreacting".

Such comments do not make him see that you really care.
Exactly. If you really are sorry, then you should patiently wait for him until he gets his self back on you. I understand why he acted that way. He wasn't being silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships