Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2014, 04:53 PM

64 posts, read 58,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMustang View Post
Nice update. As I've seen elsewhere on CD-R (I'm thinking "CC" in another thread I contributed to), you've grown a lot just in the time you've been posting. CD-R can be pretty fantastic for folks in need, huh?

See, your evolution (?), transformation (?), change (that's better) into a more mature, aware, savvy woman has already shown results. In my previous post, I meant to wax poetically about second chapters in life...........blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah. I don't know (furrowed brow)....I've got a feeling you and Kevin are destined to get together, not right away but after you continue to improve, not only as a woman but as a person (yeah, yeah, this is a guy saying this! I feel like I'm in a state fair dunking tank. ) (Ask me one day about my own story of destiny concerning me and my wife. Tears will fall like rain. )

I'd say stay in touch with Kevin, tentatively and as he allows. Is he deploying to a far, foreign country for secret, dangerous ops? Or just stateside for more Navy Seal training?

And for Derek? Cut the head off that black snake and burn the grass he's slithering through. Ha! I always loved my Creative Writing classes.

You can do it, i.e. finding happiness with a great guy. Just set your personal standards high, do your best to meet them EVERY DAY, and one day (maybe - don't wait staring at the phone)........who knows, you might get a call, "Hey, it's Kevin. I'm back from deployment. Can we get together?"
He's not returning to active duty, he's been assigned to 6 months of limited duty, due to an injury, he will have something called shore duty, whatever that means. From what I can tell, he'll be here in the states at a naval hospital, behind a desk, then he gets re-evaluated in 3 months.

I don't want to push him too hard, so I would rather let him contact me first.
He did promise to check in with me to see how my therapy is going.
I don't know if we will get back together, I really did manage to screw things up pretty bad
If you knew Kevin, You would know when he says he's done, he done, but anything can happen.
But I know he still loves me, he forgave me and he still cares about me and that's enough for right now.
I'll take what I can get

The important thing is to work on myself now, whether we get back together or not
I need to do this for me, I need to find out what's broken and get it fixed.
As for Derek, It would be fine by me if I never see or hear from him again
calling him a snake is an insult to every reptile on the planet

Last edited by Loves2Dance; 09-06-2014 at 05:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 04:56 PM

43 posts, read 44,985 times
Quote:
1st para: yeah, okay.

1st para, last sentence: No, but "he", i.e. Derek, IMHO, purposely dissed Kevin, because Derek is a dysfunctional, no class, loser. L2D admits, multiple times in this thread, she did it to hurt Kevin. She's sorry and repentant. Personal growth is a wonderful thing. Too few people achieve it.

2nd para: By "his", you are referring to Derek as a drug dealer, right? You certainly could not be referring to a Navy Seal's "Honor, Courage, and Commitment" as "alleged", could you?

2nd para, last sentence: Aren't you special.

I invite you to read my profile and check out my album, they're public and I'm proud of my Navy career and service. Navy Brat. Navy Enlisted. Naval Officer. Navy Retired. Set 'em up, bud. I'll knock 'em down and stare you right in the eye.

And, oh yeah, Cheers.
You don't find it odd that a SEAL (NOT Seal) would have done something like this? I sure do, even for a squid, dogface, flyboy or leatherneck.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:07 PM

120 posts, read 110,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Dance View Post
He's not returning to active duty, he's been assigned to 6 months of limited duty, due to an injury, he will have something called shore duty, whatever that means. From what I can tell, he'll be here in the states at a naval hospital, behind a desk, then he gets re-evaluated in 3 months.

I don't want to push him too hard, so I would rather let him contact me first.
He did promise to check in with me to see how my therapy is going.
I don't know if we will get back together, I really did manage to screw things up pretty bad
If you knew Kevin, You would know when he says he's done, he done, but anything can happen.
But I know he still loves me, he forgave me and he still cares about me and that's enough for right now.
I'll take what I can get

The important thing is to work on myself now, whether we get back together or not
I need to do this for me, I need to find out what's broken and get it fixed.
As for Derek, It would be fine by me if I never see or hear from that dirty b*stard again
and BTW, calling him a snake is an insult to every reptile on the planet
Another nice update.

Shore duty refers to what it sounds like.....orders to somewhere "ashore", i.e. not a ship. You know what that means? He can easily stay in touch! Be cool. Focus on yourself and achieve your personal goals. And let Fate take it's course. My comments about Destiny are still valid.

"...insult to every reptile on the planet." bwahahahahahahaaaaa! Let me know when he pops up in front of you...........I'll grab a beer and a bag of popcorn. Blast his weasel a** and make him rue the day he messed with you.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
My fiance and I went out drinking and dancing about a week ago with his best friend. All 3 of us had been drinking all night long. When I started dancing with his friend Derek, we were acting silly, like we always do, but because of the alcohol, we may have been a little too flirty, we did end up dancing a little close and maybe a little too naughty. But it was all just innocent fun
So this Kevin is a drug dealer and a SEALs friend? A "naughty girl" (Army National Guard) wouldn't be his friend.......

Peace!!

Old 09-06-2014, 05:12 PM

64 posts, read 58,703 times
Quote:
Another nice update.

Shore duty refers to what it sounds like.....orders to somewhere "ashore", i.e. not a ship. You know what that means? He can easily stay in touch! Be cool. Focus on yourself and achieve your personal goals. And let Fate take it's course. My comments about Destiny are still valid.

"...insult to every reptile on the planet." bwahahahahahahaaaaa! Let me know when he pops up in front of you...........I'll grab a beer and a bag of popcorn. Blast his weasel a** and make him rue the day he messed with you.
Aye, Aye Captain

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love R&R View Post
You don't find it odd that a SEAL (NOT Seal) would have done something like this? I sure do, even for a squid, dogface, flyboy or leatherneck.

Sea, Air, Land..........yeah, yeah, blah blah, blah

"...something like this?" Vague. What do you mean? To paraphrase Brad Pitt's character in Twelve Monkeys......"Focus. Focus. Focus."

Sure do what? How old are you? Those descriptions are all WWII era. Are you calling me a squid? Hell yeah, I'm a squid! And I've got Mickey Rooney backing me up. (What movie is that from? Hint: BoTR)

You're just warming up, right?

Old 09-06-2014, 05:18 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,578,260 times
Don't beat yourself up over it OP. You know, the way I see it, you and Vegas girl are pretty much in the same boat. Getting shamed and punished over relatively harmless behavior. I don't know where you women find these guys. I don't know how they get dressed in the morning without breaking their wings. A big part of a successful is the ability to forgive (although in both situations I don't see where you girls did anything so horrific to require forgiveness). What's more important is if someone truly loves you they can clear see that their shaming and punishment is HURTING you, yet they still choose to not forgive and accept you with your mistakes and errors. You don't see it now but in the long run, you're better off with out them.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:19 PM

Yes, I would "deep 6" that in a minute.

~Devil Dog~

AKA Letherneck

Old 09-06-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Aye, Aye Captain

Thanks!
Thanks..............but I'm "only" a Commander.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
So this Kevin is a drug dealer and a SEALs friend? A "naughty girl" (Army National Guard) wouldn't be his friend.......

Peace!!
Quote:
Yes, I would "deep 6" that in a minute.

~Devil Dog~

AKA Letherneck
Awwww geez,

"Troll clean up on Aisle One."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships