Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 08:37 AM

284 posts, read 341,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
That's what I don't get either. I was always of the belief that having a child comes from being in love with a person and wanting to share that with someone else. These people (women do it too)basing a relationship on children is just sick to me. I wouldn't dump someone just because they were sterile but obviously many would.

But are they childless men? I find dads repulsive and yes I stated that in my profile though not that harsh. I was rude to men with kids because my profile stated no dads. I had childless men with careers contact me but most were either looking for sex or didn't have good jobs (like retail, fast food etc).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
But she's apparently 43, fit, thin and beautiful and her BF is a 50-something, overweight, alcoholic, quasi-employed, virgin living at home with his mama, so no need for OLD.
Quote:
It's not being judgmental, it's being realistic. These men should have stayed or gotten married. It's not my fault they didn't do that so why should I give them the time of day? I'm childless and never married, I deserve the same in a mate. If older childless women don't feel the same, it's not my business they settle. Who said I am suffering? I have a boyfriend, one with morals who feels even stronger about this.
IDDY, you appear to be a very negative and bitter person. We've had this discussion multiple times that you need to put away the self-important attitude and derision. I fail to see what you have that makes you more special than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 08:46 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
If only I had a dollar for every time I met a guy (online and off) when he "fibbed" about his age and height.

My husband was guilty of stating he was a few inches taller in his profile.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:08 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Oh really? how would you know they have more options than me? A middle aged man can not expect anything but a middle aged woman, especially if he's average. If he's overweight or underemployed? He has less options than a middle aged woman in shape. Actually I see more men complaining about quality woman than the opposite.
And yet, here you are, complaining. You're obviously upset over the discrepency in options and looking to justify it by arguing that it doesn't exist.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:17 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia1 View Post
IDDY, you appear to be a very negative and bitter person. We've had this discussion multiple times that you need to put away the self-important attitude and derision. I fail to see what you have that makes you more special than others.
I never said I am more special. However I do deserve a childless man (which I have)because I am childless. I never made that mistake so why should I have to pay for someone else's mistake?

Old 08-23-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
And yet, here you are, complaining. You're obviously upset over the discrepency in options and looking to justify it by arguing that it doesn't exist.
I'm not complaining, I am stating my experience on dating sites. I found someone but these men looking for younger are still on dating sites so who really has more options?

Old 08-23-2014, 11:29 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,295 times
Quote:
I'm not complaining, I am stating my experience on dating sites. I found someone but these men looking for younger are still on dating sites so who really has more options?
The Energizer Bunny types, who dont discriminate in partner that much, have the most options.

Anything of quality looking for commitment is going to be far and few between. Anything of quality that meets all of your specifications, while you simultaniously meet all of their specifications is a rare gem indeed.

There are less rare jewels, that come with some baggage, that may settle for you, if you can find a way to settle for them.

Dont expect a hunt for any jewel to be as easy as simply joining a dating site. You have to kiss plenty of frogs sometimes, before you meet a prince/princess.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
The Energizer Bunny types, who dont discriminate in partner that much, have the most options.

Anything of quality looking for commitment is going to be far and few between. Anything of quality that meets all of your specifications, while you simultaniously meet all of their specifications is a rare gem indeed.

There are less rare jewels, that come with some baggage, that may settle for you, if you can find a way to settle for them.

Dont expect a hunt for any jewel to be as easy as simply joining a dating site. You have to kiss plenty of frogs sometimes, before you meet a prince/princess.
One shouldn't settle if it's important and morals to me are important. There's no way I would have settle for some of the men out there, like dads. They would be coming into any relationship with baggage.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:42 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,295 times
Quote:
One shouldn't settle if it's important and morals to me are important. There's no way I would have settle for some of the men out there, like dads. They would be coming into any relationship with baggage.
I totally understand. No one dating by any means - and especially not from a website - is going to have all that many options for prefect alignment with another person.

Your profile is basicly your sales advertizement, and just like when applying for a job, most people are going to play themselves up in one. Thats natural.

I think meeting someone in your everyday real life is the best way to meet someone. You at least get to observe them for a bit before desiding whether to approach. Also, if you simply have to do blind dates, they are best arranged by someone in your peer group. Chances are someone in your peer group shares or borders on your interests, and will know other people that feel the same way.

You simply cant learn all that much without a real life connection anyway.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:44 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Sounds the same to me. These men could likely find women their own age, but don't want women their own age. You could find men NOT your own age, but you don't want that either.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
I totally understand. No one dating by any means - and especially not from a website - is going to have all that many options for prefect alignment with another person.

Your profile is basicly your sales advertizement, and just like when applying for a job, most people are going to play themselves up in one. Thats natural.

I think meeting someone in your everyday real life is the best way to meet someone. You at least get to observe them for a bit before desiding whether to approach. Also, if you simply have to do blind dates, they are best arranged by someone in your peer group. Chances are someone in your peer group shares or borders on your interests, and will know other people that feel the same way.

You simply cant learn all that much without a real life connection anyway.
I met my boyfriend offline and we were friends for months before dating. It worked for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Sounds the same to me. These men could likely find women their own age, but don't want women their own age. You could find men NOT your own age, but you don't want that either.
Then if they have success with women younger than them why are they on dating sites for years? Because no one wants them. I find lots of men my age, younger, and older who all want to date me because I'm pretty but if they were something they would have the same success. They don't and are missing out. So who has more options, me or them? Considering I have a boyfriend I met offline and they are still on dating sites I guess that means I have more options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships