Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 01:35 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Get ready for the flood of INTJ's! (or very close)
Hah...I am an ENTP so not all that close. I wonder if I'm the only one.

I am not a shy person, though I used to be (I was an INTP before), but I would consider myself reserved in the sense that I do not reveal a lot of personal information until I get to know someone well. I'm just about at that middle of the extrovert/introvert line for whatever reason.

That said, I have always shown interest to men I like but I've had a hard time taking the next step to asking someone out, like a lot of people. My current boyfriend was shy and never approached women or asked them out...EVER. So I did the chasing for a while, until I started to feel like I wasn't getting anything out of it. Then he admitted his feelings for me at a party...while drunk of course, since that was the only way he could do it. I think he figured after that that I didn't run away and laugh so I must still be interested. Then we went on an actual date!

He also did not reveal much about himself at first, but did so eventually, like me. For my part, I have no issue with shy men and would definitely date one in a heartbeat if I liked him. I've been attracted to all sorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 01:37 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post
I don't follow...
Lol...I was attempting to insinuate how fun and unique we (I) can be.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:41 PM

898 posts, read 937,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol...I was attempting to insinuate how fun and unique we (I) can be.
Ah, ok. There's no doubt in my mind that they can be. It's just infiltrating that barrier that's the challenge. I've walked away from some girls who I suspected of being shy, but I really wasn't sure if they weren't interested in me, so I decided not to pursue it any longer.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:41 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've taken the Myers-Briggs test several times, and the only constant is the "I" part. I can't even remember what I was the last time I took it, and I can read the descriptions of the different personality types and recognize myself, at least partially, in a lot of them.
I've taken the Myers-Briggs test a few times in the past, the one before this was when I got a different result from the original I often tested as, but yes, "I" is always present and first for me.

Hivermind, I agree often times with these test, with many people there can be that self-fulfilling element, I tend to be pretty self aware, at least that's what I've been told, by those who's opinions matter to me, still, I do question the results at times, but, I believe, as I'm sure most do, that I answer as accurately as possible, I like facing truthful evaluations and that would be difficult to get if one enters delusional info. I realize some are ok with that, I'm not.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:45 PM

346 posts, read 351,884 times
I've gotten INTJ every single time I've taken the test. Apparently Clint Eastwood is also an INTJ.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:56 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Hah...I am an ENTP so not all that close. I wonder if I'm the only one.
Well, with 16 potential options, if you assume an even distribution, each "type" would only make up just over 6% of the population. I'd bet whatever that we have well over 6% of INTJ's here, and well over 25% of people that share at least 3 of the 4 qualities with them. I wouldn't be surprised if it were closer to 33-40%, to be honest.

An informal count of the answers so far puts a whopping 50% at INTJ, and 75% with at least 3 qualities in common. Obviously it's a crazy small sample size, but I'd put money up that we'd have at least 10% (almost double the average) of INTJ around here. Like I said....everyone on the internet is an INTJ

There's some self-selection at play here....it's a personality type more associated with computer usage, anonymous forum participation, etc.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:59 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Well, with 16 potential options, if you assume an even distribution, each "type" would only make up just over 6% of the population. I'd bet whatever that we have well over 6% of INTJ's here, and well over 25% of people that share at least 3 of the 4 qualities with them. I wouldn't be surprised if it were closer to 33-40%, to be honest.

An informal count of the answers so far puts a whopping 50% at INTJ, and 75% with at least 3 qualities in common. Obviously it's a crazy small sample size, but I'd put money up that we'd have at least 10% (almost double the average) of INTJ around here. Like I said....everyone on the internet is an INTJ

There's some self-selection at play here....it's a personality type more associated with computer usage, anonymous forum participation, etc.
That's what I was thinking...

Old 08-26-2014, 02:33 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
I've taken the Meyers Briggs a few times as well, and am firmly an ISTJ. How I wish I could replace the "I" with an "E", since the U.S. values extroverts way more than introverts. I've done a lot of reading on this topic to try to understand myself better. Bottom line is its just harder for introverts to meet new people and keep a conversation going at times. Now I'm going to be forced to get out and try to dates yet again after a failed relationship, and it is just daunting. Add to that that I am a little shy (not the same thing as introvert, and doesn't help the situation) and things get really tough.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:37 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
I've gotten INTJ every single time I've taken the test. Apparently Clint Eastwood is also an INTJ.
Same. I have done so many of these tests, always INTJ.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Um excuse me people can we get back on topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships