Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 03:29 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You wouldn't judge someone who:

a) had no job
b) was in prison
c) smoked pot
d) drank a lot
e) didn't get a college education
f) had no car

etc.? Not all of these at once, of course, but you have NO dealbreakers whatsoever? Judgement exists for a reason. The people you let into your life should have to meet your standards. If they don't meet those standards, then they do not have to be in your life.
I know people who have no traditional job, and still make plenty of money.
I also know plenty of people who were in prison (one was innocent, and oddly, he was the only one with tattoos)
As for pot smokers, if they have a job, or a stable life who am I to judge?
Drank a lot? Depends on what 'a lot' is. My grandfather is an alcoholic, but he's still a good man.
My boyfriend didn't get a college education and he's one of the smartest men I know.
No car? Who cares? A lot of people get around by public transit or bicycle, it's healthier!

So no, I have no dealbreakers in my life. I've met a lot of very odd, very interesting, and very boring people throughout my life so far and I wouldn't change that for anything. I think you'd be surprised at what you'll find out by simply looking past the outer person. I met a REALLY goth looking guy once (black and purple hair, tight leather pants, TONS of tattoos/piercings etc.) and found out later he started his own company at the age of 14 and was now a multimillionaire who happened to own his own plane, which is how we met.

If I had judged him based on his looks, I never would have met such a wonderful person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 03:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
I don't believe I have complaints with any of those, except maybe smoking pot, or drinking, personally. My point is that people have all sorts of "deal breakers" that they judge people on. It could be their political viewpoint, it could be their weight, or height, or any multitude of things. And that's okay. Every person has a right to judge what people might not be right for them.

Tattoos and piercings are my dealbreakers.

Any deal breaker someone has, there will be someone upset that they didn't meet the standard.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:43 PM

160 posts, read 321,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriInNH View Post
You make good points, however I would never say anything to anyone in a prejudice way as your last point mentions.

As a more conservative person than maybe you are or others voicing their opinions, no one will convince me otherwise that tattoos, body art, excessive piercings, green and orange hair is a sign of at least one of the things I mentioned in my first post. However, that is not to say I do not have faults because I do not have any tattoos.

You are asking me, almost telling me not to judge people by their looks. Is that not forcing your opinion and views onto me? Did you think about that angle? Why is so important to YOU how others view you? So maybe there is something deeper here than you would admit?

I would never ask anyone to remove their tattoos or piercings, or suggest not to do as they wish with their own bodies, or anything otherwise to anyone.
Well to each their own! That's what makes the place great!
I don't mean to sound as I am "forcing" my opinion or view on anyone,that's why I said please. I am merely stating my opinions and making suggestions.
I have grown up being judged. I know how painfull judgements can be. At one point in my life it was VERY important how people viewed me, what they thought, what they said, what they were whispering, however, at this age, it no longer matters! At this age, I know better!!

Old 01-18-2010, 04:05 PM

559 posts, read 651,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I spent over 5 years planning my first tattoo. It's been 3 years since I was last under the needle because I've spent that time researching artists. I've finally found an artist and a studio I like and now the cleanliness/attitude portion of my tests begin.

Trust me... being impulsive is not one of my personality traits. The vast majority of my tattooed friends are the same way...why be impulsive about something that is going to be with you for life?
Yep, I was just going to post this.

Most of my tattooed friends, and I spent months, even years desiding, designing, and finding the perfect tattoo artist for their/my tattoos...

Old 01-18-2010, 06:30 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,037,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4eyes View Post
Yep, I was just going to post this.

Most of my tattooed friends, and I spent months, even years desiding, designing, and finding the perfect tattoo artist for their/my tattoos...
Also agree with this, The design i created, which will go across my shoulders has been in constant flux for the past 5 years..until it finally came out exactly as i want it..because of the meaning behind it..

Old 01-19-2010, 03:37 AM

557 posts, read 1,353,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorrieMA View Post
Well to each their own! That's what makes the place great!
I don't mean to sound as I am "forcing" my opinion or view on anyone,that's why I said please. I am merely stating my opinions and making suggestions.
I have grown up being judged. I know how painfull judgements can be. At one point in my life it was VERY important how people viewed me, what they thought, what they said, what they were whispering, however, at this age, it no longer matters! At this age, I know better!!
Oohh I love this one. You know better! Better than I, or anyone else. Because You know I grew up in Mass, so I know liberals when I see them - you certainly are the Mass liberal type to a T! Did I just make a prejudice statement there?

Old 01-19-2010, 03:25 PM

160 posts, read 321,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriInNH View Post
Oohh I love this one. You know better! Better than I, or anyone else. Because You know I grew up in Mass, so I know liberals when I see them - you certainly are the Mass liberal type to a T! Did I just make a prejudice statement there?

AHHH reading MORE into what I write are we???? When I wrote "At this age I know better" I mean "I" know better then the "I" of a younger age! You see it has nothing to do with "you" or "anyone else"
Mass liberal type?

Old 01-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,522 times
i would like to add that areola tattoos are super hot

Old 01-19-2010, 03:42 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i would like to add that areola tattoos are super hot
Feel free to get some great big ones. And post pics!

Old 01-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Feel free to get some great big ones. And post pics!
you first !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships