Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 04:35 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times

Advertisements

OH! Happy Snowy Valentines Day!!!!!

The yards here are covered in snow, not something I am used to!!

http://bestsmileys.com/winter/6.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 05:29 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
Happy Valentine's Day to you Robyn!

If you aren't used to snow and if it's on the roads, please drive super carefully! We had about 6" of it last night, then freezing rain, then another 1-2" of the white stuff....I'm ready for spring!

Last year on this day, we closed on our home and moved in the middle of a blizzard that dumped 3 feet of snow on us!

Old 02-14-2008, 05:35 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
I believe he was my angel too... I wonder if I will ever see him again, or if he was brought to me for just that one time...

I thought about him last night as I was typing about him. Have I ever seen him before.... He had a familiar face, but not in the way that I know him from somewhere. His face was just familiar to me, I have never seen him before, but his eyes, his eyes I have seen.

His blue eyes were very familiar to me, and this is why I looked into them the whole time we talked. Those eyes...
Robyn - If your experience turns out like those I've had, you may or may not see the same "physical" person.....you will, however, meet others who will also seem "familiar" to you and the eyes will "hold" you...if that makes any sense.....each time it will be someone you don't know, but will "know" you and you will come away feeling peaceful and all is well......

Old 02-14-2008, 07:54 AM

672 posts, read 2,125,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
OH! Happy Snowy Valentines Day!!!!!

The yards here are covered in snow, not something I am used to!!

http://bestsmileys.com/winter/6.gif (broken link)

Happy Valentines Day, cinderoybn!
And the same greeting goes out to ALL others involved in this thread.
My sweetie has to work today, and I gotta sleep today, so I can do my 12 hour shift tonight. Oh well, at least she bought me a REAL card. We have a little ice, but no snow. I walked home from work this morning, and tried to take in nature, but ended up having to fight with a scaggily looking dog I'd never seen before. I think I won, but it still put me in a foul mood for a while there. Oh well, I'm alright now. Doing a load of laundry right now. I like to take inventory of all my junk like bathroom items, soda, COFFEE, and other stuff while my clothes are washing. I'll bet everyone is thrilled that I shared that information with you. But it's "lovers day", and I'm all by my lonesome, so thats what I'm doing. Hope you all have a super day, and, if you got snow, a snowball fight sounds so fun! But remember, don't eat no yellow snow! Ha Ha! Take care all!

Old 02-14-2008, 08:50 AM
sun

683 posts, read 2,125,327 times
Just look at what the Google homepage replaced the letters "O" "G" & " & "L" with today!
I hope everyones Valentines Day is filled with "OOGLES OF GOOGLES"!

Quote:

Google

Last edited by sun; 02-14-2008 at 09:13 AM..

Old 02-14-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Robyn - If your experience turns out like those I've had, you may or may not see the same "physical" person.....you will, however, meet others who will also seem "familiar" to you and the eyes will "hold" you...if that makes any sense.....each time it will be someone you don't know, but will "know" you and you will come away feeling peaceful and all is well......
His eyes were my fathers eyes.....

Old 02-14-2008, 06:08 PM

The eyes did hold me. They held me tight. I stood there looking into this mans eyes, as he sat there in that chair yesterday, looking up at me, his Bible in his right hand.

He was a hand talker, motioning with his left hand as he talked. His eyes a wonderful blue.

An almond shape, like mine, like my fathers.

I thought of him yesterday evening, and this morning. I know your eyes, I thought to myself, I know them. I did not know where I knew them from yesterday, only that they were very familiar to me. I could not stop looking at his eyes.

They stayed with me as I turned and walked away from him. As I stepped in to the elevator and hummed my song, as it turned into a song I was singing.

It was a peaceful thing, a peaceful experience. One I will not soon forget

Old 02-14-2008, 06:51 PM

Well, hope you all had a great Valentines Day, I spent mine here at Chimes, happy.

Now, i think I am off to write till I get sleepy and decide it to be my bedtime...

Old 02-15-2008, 04:00 AM

Good Morning everyone...

Monday makes one year that I will have been here. I came here looking for info on NorthCarolina. Charlotte, specifically.

I stayed on that Charlotte board probably for a few months before I even realized there was another side of CD.

A thread I was following got moved to other topics, and if I was not hooked before, good grief, I was really hooked then.

It was a thread about letterboxing. Some of you may know what it is, some may not. But it is fun, and I plan on picking it back up this summer with the kdis, maybe even some mild days before summer.

So, I was all up in other topics, and it actually allowed me a bit of an escape. So much fun in there, so many good people.

An escape. I needed an escape from my life, as I imagine so many people do, sometimes. But that is what it was, an escape.

And here I am even still, I have escaped that other life, and found this new one. But I am not here as an escape anymore, but because I want to be, because I have many friends here...

So many people I just love to pieces.

And ya know what? Reading some of this stuff in relationships has me falling ont eh floor sometimes... off the hook!

Well, TGIF! And the coffee is good today, it is just so good.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:16 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,782 times
Happy Friday to you too!!

Enjoy your beautiful day, you deserve it!!

xoxo holly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships