Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 07:34 PM

52,276 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
No, he's not important to me. I don't even know him, and he's the one asking me out on a date. If I wanted to just kick it with somebody, I could do that by myself or with friends, people I actually know; impress me, why should I spend my time with you? Why should I remember you and make you important in my life, and what makes you more than any of the other men I can just "hang out with" instead of dating? Is the point. What the heck am I getting all prettied up for and filled with anticipation just to "hang out" with some horny/corny ass stranger.

It's not our date, it's yours because you're making an attempt to woo me and make me feel special. The first dates aren't mine, they're yours FOR me; I'm just on it and either or both of us can walk away at any time. If I end up liking you, then it's on me.
Good f ing lord... what a post... LOL.............:rol leyes:

It's this kind of stuff that fuels the woman hate around here...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 07:34 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I'm fine with paying on a first date but there likely won't be a second. *waits for Onihc to appear* I always offer to be polite.

The first date is a compatibility test. I don't care for men who have a certain mindset, and they probably don't care for me, so it's best to cut losses early.

I will pay for any date after the first - no problem.
Yep, I agree. A man should always pay on a first date unless the woman asked him out. Even then, I'd pay. In fact, I'm willing to pay for the first half dozen dates, but as a woman I believe you should at least offer. My ex got offended when I finally said something after 9 months of dating and a couple of weekend trips where she didn't offer once, not even to pay for breakfast. Talk about entitled!

Old 09-06-2014, 07:42 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Yes, I agree with the entitled princess syndrome. In fact, I'm going to use that one. She is a nurse who hates nursing and has a 4 year old daughter, who she does a lousy job of parenting. It would have been a bad situation long term. She's looking for someone with a lot of money to rescue her from her miserable life. It took me a while to figure out just how outrageous her expectations are. I feel like I wasted almost a year when I can't afford to waste time.
Wow, your story sounds amazingly similar to mine! When I was in my late twenties I was in a LTR with a woman who had a ten year old daughter. She hated her life too, but wanted another baby. She eventually broke up with me (thankfully, it was a blessing in disguise!!). There were tons of red flags and I ignored them because I was really in love with her and my confidence was so low I thought I couldn't get another woman. I eventually gained self-confidence and will no longer put myself in that situation again.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:06 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I'm fine with paying on a first date but there likely won't be a second. *waits for Onihc to appear* I always offer to be polite.

The first date is a compatibility test. I don't care for men who have a certain mindset, and they probably don't care for me, so it's best to cut losses early.

I will pay for any date after the first - no problem.
This sounds very reasonable to me. I have no problem paying for the first few dates. After three or four if she wants to take care of the tip I really appreciate that.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:22 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Wow, talk about a huge sense of entitlement. Why should he have to woo you and make you feel special? Seriously it's women like you with your "all about me" mentality who feel it's my job to entertain them that I sometimes consider not dating at all.
Excuse me for being deadly honest, but if a man asks me out on a date with him, I have no expectation that I'll just be treated like someone he's not even interested in, or what's the point? The whole point in the guy asking and paying on the first date is that he wants the lady to feel special and as a courtesy of it being hisssss date for the lady. That in no way makes me an entitled princess, and I'm tired of pansy men on this board acting like women need to bow down to them just because they complimented or asked us out as if it automatically means we owe them something more than a thank you even if we don't become interested in them. Please.

So yeah, you kinda do need to woo us and make us feel special, or at least that's behavior that I personally prefer with someone seeking romance with me and not a buddy ole pal. Or it's to the friend zone for him.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:24 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
This sounds very reasonable to me. I have no problem paying for the first few dates. After three or four if she wants to take care of the tip I really appreciate that.
I'm a reasonable person. Usually.

I dated a man who made significantly less money than I, and I carried most of the responsibility of paying; he rarely ponied up and sometimes didn't even say thanks. I know how it feels to be taken advantage of.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:26 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Excuse me for being deadly honest, but if a man asks me out on a date with him, I have no expectation that I'll just be treated like someone he's not even interested in, or what's the point? The whole point in the guy asking and paying on the first date is that he wants the lady to feel special and as a courtesy of it being hisssss date for the lady. That in no way makes me an entitled princess, and I'm tired of pansy men on this board acting like women need to bow down to them just because they complimented or asked us out as if it automatically means we owe them something more than a thank you even if we don't become interested in them. Please.
I guess I'm butting in here, but my point was that if you're accepting his invitation in the first place, you'll at least treat him like someone you're interested in somewhat, too.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:27 PM

52,276 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
LOL... Ok... I saw that cute kitty in your pics...

You're gonna need a whole bunch of cute little kitties in your future......

Old 09-06-2014, 08:30 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:

So yeah, you kinda do need to woo us and make us feel special, or at least that's behavior that I personally prefer with someone seeking romance with me and not a buddy ole pal.
I'm curious if you express your view to to your dates?

Old 09-06-2014, 08:37 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I guess I'm butting in here, but my point was that if you're accepting his invitation in the first place, you'll at least treat him like someone you're interested in somewhat, too.
Of course. But that doesn't mean I'm picking up the tab on the first date. It means I'm willing to see what you're about and how you treat me. If I like it, then I'll do the same. I won't date a guy who has a conflict with something fundamental like this anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships