Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2014, 06:44 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Okay, please tell me what is so difficult about grasping the completely separate definitions of the words "Loose" and "Lose"?

Why is it that so many people think using those words interchangeably is acceptable and correct?

Maybe I just need to go back to bed or maybe they just need to use those two words properly and quit aggravating me to distraction.
The one that drives me bonkers is "alot".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
It was while preparing food yesterday night.
You might need a tetanus shot or an antibiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
In my office at work there are a few "hotel cubicles" for those that come into the office infrequently and need some space to work.

I'm in one of those today and I've got a coffee slurper next to me.

Gonna be a good day today.........
That would drive me crazy....that and just hearing people type and shuffle papers drives me crazy. I'm very noise sensitive (hahaha...yeah figure that one out...LOL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I got selected for a job . I have to still complete the second phase, though.
Good Luck!!!

Quote:
Does anyone else get "The Vermont Country Store" Catalog?
I really enjoy looking through this catalog, I don't purchase often but they have got a lot if not all of the old time Holiday Candies from when I was a child and they actually have what I cal "Grandma Candy".
They also have the neatest stuff otherwise and good quality linens, blankets and some clothing.
OMG they have my grandma candies too! Fruit straws, mint and chocolate straws, ribbon candy, filled candy...awwww. I might have to order some this year

They have some comfy looking PJ's too!

Old 10-20-2014, 06:57 PM

CSD!!! OMG I might be in trouble here...the classic toys! aawwwww!

Old 10-20-2014, 09:41 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
In my office at work there are a few "hotel cubicles" for those that come into the office infrequently and need some space to work.

I'm in one of those today and I've got a coffee slurper next to me.

Gonna be a good day today.........
I once worked with someone who flossed her teeth (no cubicles...we were out in the open) and hung the used floss on her computer monitor FOR LATER USE. I kid you not.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:08 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I once worked with someone who flossed her teeth (no cubicles...we were out in the open) and hung the used floss on her computer monitor FOR LATER USE. I kid you not.

That is beyond gross but not as gross as my High School History Teacher, that man was beyond anyone's realm of disgusting.

He used to wear a tie every day and he would sometimes have a mustache, so when he had the mustache he would literally pick his nose in class and put it in his mustache. When he didn't have the mustache he would still pick his nose in class but he would put it on the back of his tie.

I did not like going to his class at all but I learned very quickly just to keep my head down taking notes or reading my History book and not look at him directly.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
The one that drives me bonkers is "alot".

You might need a tetanus shot or an antibiotic.

That would drive me crazy....that and just hearing people type and shuffle papers drives me crazy. I'm very noise sensitive (hahaha...yeah figure that one out...LOL).

Good Luck!!!

OMG they have my grandma candies too! Fruit straws, mint and chocolate straws, ribbon candy, filled candy...awwww. I might have to order some this year

They have some comfy looking PJ's too!

I know, I do enjoy browsing their catalog and going online but I really don't purchase often but all the pretties are just nice to look at.

I have refrained from ordering any of the red glass though but I sure would like to.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:21 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Ugh, Its so dark out that I don't feel like getting up today .

But an important day lies ahead so I'll have to kick myself out of bed.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:02 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
That is beyond gross but not as gross as my High School History Teacher, that man was beyond anyone's realm of disgusting.

He used to wear a tie every day and he would sometimes have a mustache, so when he had the mustache he would literally pick his nose in class and put it in his mustache. When he didn't have the mustache he would still pick his nose in class but he would put it on the back of his tie.

I did not like going to his class at all but I learned very quickly just to keep my head down taking notes or reading my History book and not look at him directly.
OMG...you win! Although we had witnessed this woman picking her nose, too, she didn't have enough of a mustache to hide it. LOL

Old 10-21-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
OMG...you win! Although we had witnessed this woman picking her nose, too, she didn't have enough of a mustache to hide it. LOL

I cheated actually, I used to play "Gross Out" with Social Workers and win all the time......LOL

What I told you is absolutely the truth though and that was one disgusting man.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I cheated actually, I used to play "Gross Out" with Social Workers and win all the time......LOL

What I told you is absolutely the truth though and that was one disgusting man.
You want to see gross...work with kids.

At least your dude put his booger in his mustache...the kids in my class just eat them.

They dig their hands down their pants in their but cracks to itch, they sneeze out in the open without covering their mouth...and even in 3rd grade they still put EVERYTHING in their mouths. Drives me crazy.

I'm constantly saying "Joey...get your hands out of your (nose, butt, mouth, ear, belly button...etc) and go wash your hands"

Old 10-21-2014, 07:00 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
Quote:
One of my old bosses had such big teeth he did not need to floss he could just walk through the car wash with his mouth open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships