Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2015, 08:27 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times

Advertisements

For all the men...Happy Valentine's Day

Old 02-14-2015, 10:08 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
I do not want to leave the house today however, there is an item on sale that I have been wanting and in addition to the $30.00 off regular price it also comes with a $20.00 gift card.
I just haven't convinced myself it is worth $50.00 to go out into the real world again this week.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:28 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,630,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Thank you, darlin'.

Happy Valentine's Day to you & all the other wonderful ladies here.....

Old 02-14-2015, 05:25 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Would you be ok if I sent you a photo of flowers for Valentines?
That's just mean.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:05 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,963 times
Happy Valentine's Day to you all

I'm alone b/c it's a snow storm outside, and my travel plans to be with old blue eyes (my boyfriend) got postposted.

I'm wishing you all a great remainder of your evening, regardless if you're alone not:

Old 02-14-2015, 06:22 PM

52,215 posts, read 52,642,422 times
We had a pretty unique V Day.......

We chartered a boat to take Mrs. Chow's dads ashes out to the great big blue pacific ocean. It was an interesting experience, to say the least.

It was a nice sunny day, 80 plus degrees and the harbor from which we was left was teeming with activity, lots of people all around, plenty of restaurants and V day celebrations going full speed.

Mrs. Chow wasn't aware of it being the 14th when she scheduled this event.... LOL...

Old 02-14-2015, 07:07 PM

The complete lack of listening that so many people do just drives me crazy after a while.... I swear... some people are so friggin rude when it comes to that. I was calling my dad and we're talking, or should I say he's talking, yap yap yap, he finally asks about my day,I tell him about taking Mrs. Chow's dad out and dropping his ashes out in the ocean and he just starts to tell me about how he doesn't want to be cremated etc etc etc, doesn't bother to ask anything about it, how it was, etc etc...

So many people do that too... it's draining and makes me not want to bother interacting with people, as it seems like most people don't give a **** and just want to talk "at" you, instead of with you... my dad has always been bad like that and most of the time it doesn't bother me, but today with a major life event like that he can't be bothered to ask another person how they feel...... jeez...

Makes me reconsider my decision to not write his dumb ass off.....

Old 02-14-2015, 07:24 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,963 times
I'm sorry, Chow

I think we live in such a "me" centered, selfish, and self-absorbed world that people do this without thinking of it.

Nevetheless, I hope that your wife was okay with the spreading of her father's ashes into the ocean. That's tough.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
I'm sorry, Chow

I think we live in such a "me" centered, selfish, and self-absorbed world that people do this without thinking of it.

Nevetheless, I hope that your wife was okay with the spreading of her father's ashes into the ocean. That's tough.
The complete lack of awareness that a lot of people have, but whatever... Yeah, she handled it pretty well, there were six of us that went out on the boat and it was a nice day.... sunny clear day.... it was probably about as nice as it could be... we get out a couple 3 miles off coast, the captain stops the boat we gather around the Captain said a nice poem, we lowered the basket down into the water, the basket was lined with rose petals and when you pull the string the basket turns to the side under water and you see a nice "plume" of the ashes spreading underwater, it was actually sort of artistic looking. The rose petals floated around the water for a long while.... it was nice.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:59 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Would you be ok if I sent you a photo of flowers for Valentines?
That's just mean.
Why yes, I actually would be okay with that. A week later I'd still have my pic but the real flowers would be wilted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The complete lack of awareness that a lot of people have, but whatever... Yeah, she handled it pretty well, there were six of us that went out on the boat and it was a nice day.... sunny clear day.... it was probably about as nice as it could be... we get out a couple 3 miles off coast, the captain stops the boat we gather around the Captain said a nice poem, we lowered the basket down into the water, the basket was lined with rose petals and when you pull the string the basket turns to the side under water and you see a nice "plume" of the ashes spreading underwater, it was actually sort of artistic looking. The rose petals floated around the water for a long while.... it was nice.

Sounds like it was a beautiful ceremony!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships