Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2014, 04:07 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It is a gloomy fall Sunday here. Rainy, windy and overcast. I love an October rain. Come November 1st I am done with fall and winter and bugger off.
Here on the mountain is the same weather as Grants Pass...pretty nice.

Grants Pass Daily Courier Weather

Old 10-12-2014, 04:10 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Just to be clear, I AM a Brunette (was actually born brunette) but I am at times not the brightest little Wolf in the light of the full moon.

Also, I had been single, as in unmarried and divorced for almost 10 years before Mr. CSD and I got married,
I forgot.......LOL

It was just a very foreign term for me to hear in reference to myself.
Love that!

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
I've had dogs my whole life. My first word was "puppy." His loss has been the hardest for me. It was funny, it took Pete and I while to warm up to each other. Around Christmas the year before it happened. He didn't always cuddle a lot. He would, when he was done he'd hop down. When it come time to put him down, he was so sick. He was in my arms. It is the only time I weep.

I'd call him Peterbilt, he was built like a truck. He'd wag his tail whenever I called Peterbilt.

bahahahahahahaha!
Man, SD.

The same thing happened to me with our family dog growing up. Someone had poisoned him, and he was completely lifeless and lethargic and I had to carry him from home, and in the car, to the vet. He ended up dying. He was obviously so miserable, it just made me sick inside. We have so many family photos with him in it, just hanging with us like an actual family member. There's one photo we have of him where two of my brothers are laying on their stomachs on the floor, playing some kind of board game. Our dog was down there with him, watching the game. It's such a funny picture. At least I know he had a good life with us.

With our cat, he was getting really sick with kidney failure toward the end. He would start to eat, but I guess he felt so sick, he just couldn't do it. He loved tuna as a treat, so I finally blended some tuna with some water, and he eagerly started lapping it up. But, right after that, we took him to the vet, where we were informed that it was a good time to put him out of his misery. When we got home, the blender full of tuna was still on the counter. I threw away the blender. I haven't eaten tuna to this day.

Okay, now I'm done. I hope.

(Loved the Peterbilt part. )

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Well, I brake for Brunettes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-nLd7Wl7n8

Old 10-12-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Man, SD.

The same thing happened to me with our family dog growing up. Someone had poisoned him, and he was completely lifeless and lethargic and I had to carry him from home, and in the car, to the vet. He ended up dying. He was obviously so miserable, it just made me sick inside. We have so many family photos with him in it, just hanging with us like an actual family member. There's one photo we have of him where two of my brothers are laying on their stomachs on the floor, playing some kind of board game. Our dog was down there with him, watching the game. It's such a funny picture. At least I know he had a good life with us.

With our cat, he was getting really sick with kidney failure toward the end. He would start to eat, but I guess he felt so sick, he just couldn't do it. He loved tuna as a treat, so I finally blended some tuna with some water, and he eagerly started lapping it up. But, right after that, we took him to the vet, where we were informed that it was a good time to put him out of his misery. When we got home, the blender full of tuna was still on the counter. I threw away the blender. I haven't eaten tuna to this day.

Okay, now I'm done. I hope.

(Loved the Peterbilt part. )
Pete got sicker than a dog on Christmas Eve day. We took him to the emergency vet, they x-rayed him. They found a growth on his liver. They kept him, we continued to visit him. Christmas Day he seemed to get getting better. That night the vet called us, he was starting to get jaundiced pretty bad. We knew what we needed to do. We ran back in, picked him up brought him home for one last night on the bed. If he didn't make it we would be with us. That morning we went to our regular vet. We set it up to have him put to sleep.

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Peterbuilt.

Great line... it's funny how our little nicknames we have for our animals stick.... we had so many for our kitty...

I think he was perpetually confused because of them....

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
SD I love that song and Rhett Akins, haven't heard any of his music in a while.

So, now I have a question, Is this going to be "our song" now?.....heh heh heh

Old 10-12-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Today is the actual one-year anniversary.

I know we go on about him too much. Many, many people go through it, many more times. It was just so traumatic. I just loved him so much...

Okay. I'm done.
My four legged friends during my life have been the bestest friends, in the whole wide world...

they are truly missed...

Old 10-12-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Peterbuilt.

Great line... it's funny how our little nicknames we have for our animals stick.... we had so many for our kitty...

All the dogs have nicknames.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
SD I love that song and Rhett Akins, haven't heard any of his music in a while.

So, now I have a question, Is this going to be "our song" now?.....heh heh heh
Sure! Woo Hoo!

Old 10-12-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Pete got sicker than a dog on Christmas Eve day. We took him to the emergency vet, they x-rayed him. They found a growth on his liver. They kept him, we continued to visit him. Christmas Day he seemed to get getting better. That night the vet called us, he was starting to get jaundiced pretty bad. We knew what we needed to do. We ran back in, picked him up brought him home for one last night on the bed. If he didn't make it we would be with us. That morning we went to our regular vet. We set it up to have him put to sleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Peterbuilt.

Our beloved friends will truly be missed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships