Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 10:26 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
He's presentable if we go out. But jeans, tee or polo is about it.

When we go out to dinner or somewhere without kids, he'll try to match what I'm wearing with regard to style (formal..etc). But, he prefers jeans around the house. I will still wear dresses and jewelry..etc.
Looks like we have different interpretations about how one looks when working on a car. I had clothes I wouldn't wear in public when working on the car(s) at home. For the longest time it was old uniforms.
Around me your attire would be received with something like: "you should make yourself comfortable and stay awhile."

Old 10-13-2014, 11:00 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Looks like we have different interpretations about how one looks when working on a car. I had clothes I wouldn't wear in public when working on the car(s) at home. For the longest time it was old uniforms.
Around me your attire would be received with something like: "you should make yourself comfortable and stay awhile."
A number of people told me "you look the best wearing very little". So, I use clothes for hiding nowadays .

Old 10-13-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
A number of people told me "you look the best wearing very little". So, I use clothes for hiding nowadays .
Never was an issue for me.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:51 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
He has a drawer full of old jeans and tee's. But they are clean and presentable, just not what I would dress him in

But see, dresses ARE comfortable. No waist band, don't have to match socks and a shirt etc...
Even in the winter..dress, tights, boots and done.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
He has a drawer full of old jeans and tee's. But they are clean and presentable, just not what I would dress him in

But see, dresses ARE comfortable. No waist band, don't have to match socks and a shirt etc...
Even in the winter..dress, tights, boots and done.
Yeah, right.
"I want to wear these shoes and this dress, but they don't match. Hmm, and I really want to carry my new purse, but the shoes it best matches I already wore this week. On the other hand this dress goes really well with this necklace that I haven't worn in a long time. Maybe not, I'm only going to Target."

I have nice(r) pull overs that I don't wear often. I put one on this weekend and got "about time you wore that" from the wife.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah, right.
"I want to wear these shoes and this dress, but they don't match. Hmm, and I really want to carry my new purse, but the shoes it best matches I already wore this week. On the other hand this dress goes really well with this necklace that I haven't worn in a long time. Maybe not, I'm only going to Target."

I have nice(r) pull overs that I don't wear often. I put one on this weekend and got "about time you wore that" from the wife.
Nope, when I buy a new dress I get the whole shebang...shoes and accessories, so that I don't have to do that.

WTH is a pullover???

Old 10-13-2014, 05:52 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
In the fall and winter I wear a pullover over my uniform. Otherwise I have been sporting a hoodie more and more this fall.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Nope, when I buy a new dress I get the whole shebang...shoes and accessories, so that I don't have to do that.

WTH is a pullover???
Yeah, you know what I mean. Tell me you haven't cluttered the bed trying to decide what to wear.
Pullover: Nicer than a t-shirt, but doesn't have a collar.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you know what I mean. Tell me you haven't cluttered the bed trying to decide what to wear.
Pullover: Nicer than a t-shirt, but doesn't have a collar.
Like a henley?

Haha...well yes, but that's different. I play fashion show all the damn time. Deciding what I'm in the mood to wear, and putting an outfit together are two separate things.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:40 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
I'm leaving home tonight. Had such a good time this weekend in NJ. Back to studying, and I must do very well for remainder of the semester. Parents were quite upset with my bad grades in classes. They threaten to terminate me if I continue to be lackluster in showing results .

What should I do now. Knowing who I'm competing against, its impossible for me to meet all of dad's expectations .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-13-2014 at 07:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships