Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2014, 04:51 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I do remember Drive Ins.

I just had a huge hamburger salad, I am such an oinker...
What goes in a hamburger salad?

The husband and boys planned dinner tonight...sausage on a roll, green bean casserole and tater tots. Not what I would have chosen.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:00 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
We were out taking care of some of the arrangements for Mrs. Chow's dad and since we were in an area of one of our fav Chinese food restaurant's we decided to pop in for a late lunch.

I was in the middle of talking about how you're here one minute and the next you never know, you could be gone, just as we visited him Saturday and he literally died the next day.

I said "Man, we better start having fun"

Just as I was saying that Mrs. Chow was in the middle of opening up a fortune cookie, about 5 seconds after what I said she showed me the fortune that was inside the cookie it read "Plan for fun times"

Maybe that is the universe telling us something... I don't know... the last few yrs I've experiencing things like that that are just odd, sometimes maybe it's not a coincidence...

I think it's time we start listening......

Old 12-23-2014, 05:12 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
^^ now that's a better fortune cookie. I'd listen to that one
Life is too short

Old 12-23-2014, 05:15 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We were out taking care of some of the arrangements for Mrs. Chow's dad and since we were in an area of one of our fav Chinese food restaurant's we decided to pop in for a late lunch.

I was in the middle of talking about how you're here one minute and the next you never know, you could be gone, just as we visited him Saturday and he literally died the next day.

I said "Man, we better start having fun"

Just as I was saying that Mrs. Chow was in the middle of opening up a fortune cookie, about 5 seconds after what I said she showed me the fortune that was inside the cookie it read "Plan for fun times"

Maybe that is the universe telling us something... I don't know... the last few yrs I've experiencing things like that that are just odd, sometimes maybe it's not a coincidence...

I think it's time we start listening......
My dad passed on when he was 44, from a heart attack. He was laying on the couch watching tv, when it happened. No one else was home. They were living in Sacramento, where he was stationed in the Army.

Dad served in the Army in WWII & the Korean War. He survived that.
My granpa lived to be 98.

No one knows how long they will be around. Live your life to the fullest.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:25 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
My dad passed on when he was 44, from a heart attack. He was laying on the couch watching tv, when it happened. No one else was home. They were living in Sacramento, where he was stationed in the Army.

Dad served in the Army in WWII & the Korean War. He survived that.
My granpa lived to be 98.

No one knows how long they will be around. Live your life to the fullest.
Sorry to hear about your father being so young when he passed, jeez... I'm 45 right now... scary stuff.

I really do need to lighten up and try and learn to relax more and have more fun... I know I come off as being pretty jokey around here, but in reality I've struggled with depression and anxiety most of my life, I have a hard time just being completely comfortable and at peace...

I've wasted a lot of my life too being like this....

Man, like I said.... I got to lighten it up some.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:27 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
What goes in a hamburger salad?

The husband and boys planned dinner tonight...sausage on a roll, green bean casserole and tater tots. Not what I would have chosen.

Sixy, it all depends on what you like and what you have in the fridge.
It is a salad but with cooked ground hamburger meat in it, like a taco salad without the taco seasoning or a chef salad using hamburger instead of ham and turkey or chicken strips.

My hamburger salad tonight had iceberg lettuce, fresh tomato, hamburger, diced grilled onion, shredded cheddar/jack cheese and Catalina dressing.
I put it in a big bowl with a lid on it and shook it until the dressing coated all of the ingredients, it was so good.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:29 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
200 miles of snow and slush. 100 miles of rain. Long freaking trip.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
200 miles of snow and slush. 100 miles of rain. Long freaking trip.
Did you get there? Goodness, that does not sound fun at all.

I hate driving in the snow/ice/slush. It used to stress me out.

Down here when it snows, everything closes so I don't have to worry about it. Coincidentally, we had thunder today...old wives tale says thunder in the winter, expect snow 10 days later. The 10 day forecast has a frozen mix late next week. Hopefully that will extend my holiday break from school

Old 12-23-2014, 06:49 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Yeah. Made it. Weather doesn't bother me. Ice is the worst, but manageable. It was 100 miles of interstate before seeing the first crash. A truck was on its side in the median.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Sixy, it all depends on what you like and what you have in the fridge.
It is a salad but with cooked ground hamburger meat in it, like a taco salad without the taco seasoning or a chef salad using hamburger instead of ham and turkey or chicken strips.

My hamburger salad tonight had iceberg lettuce, fresh tomato, hamburger, diced grilled onion, shredded cheddar/jack cheese and Catalina dressing.
I put it in a big bowl with a lid on it and shook it until the dressing coated all of the ingredients, it was so good.
Oh okay...I do taco salad all the time but without the taco meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships