Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 09:55 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,224,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
That's understandable. You need to be focusing on school! :-)
But internships are so hard to get.

I've never been able to secure one yet, even as a reasonably well performing student in undergrad with lots of technical knowledge . I need to ask the department on how to tailor cover letters for the engineering firms I hope to get into. Once you get into an internship, the important thing is to perform and convince the management to invest in you as a full time employee after finishing school.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:22 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,296,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
But internships are so hard to get.

I've never been able to secure one yet, even as a reasonably well performing student in undergrad with lots of technical knowledge . I need to ask the department on how to tailor cover letters for the engineering firms I hope to get into. Once you get into an internship, the important thing is to perform and convince the management to invest in you as a full time employee after finishing school.

They were never created to be easy to get, focus on school but still apply for the internship and see where the path goes.
You over think the whole process then get completely stressed out, lose focus on school, don't do well on a test, then you get completely stressed out again, then when it is time to interview for an internship you aren't focused on that either because you are too stressed out about everything.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:41 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,224,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
They were never created to be easy to get, focus on school but still apply for the internship and see where the path goes.
You over think the whole process then get completely stressed out, lose focus on school, don't do well on a test, then you get completely stressed out again, then when it is time to interview for an internship you aren't focused on that either because you are too stressed out about everything.
True, but at the end of my spring semester I need a job or research position lined up. Otherwise, my entire purpose of coming down here is jeopardized. Grades are important, but this stuff is equally valued among my priorities. Doing one and not the other isn't gonna be beneficial.

At Rutgers, I spent a majority of my time getting good grades, but did very little in terms of maintaining professional relationships with recruiters. That was a BAD mistake, and cost me quite a bit. I've given myself a chance to fix it, maintaining a perfect balance between both is very important for me.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:54 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,578,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
WF...can't quote your chocolate pic, but I knew I liked you for a reason!

Well...it WAS 40 degrees this morning when we left the house.
I had on jeans, a long sleeve white shirt and short sleeve sweater over it.
And I promise none of them are half eaten.
It was mid afternoon and I saw people in boots, hoodies, knit caps, sweatshirts, some layered. The only thing I didn't notice were gloves.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:06 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,088,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
And I promise none of them are half eaten.
It was mid afternoon and I saw people in boots, hoodies, knit caps, sweatshirts, some layered. The only thing I didn't notice were gloves.
Well, I wore boots the other day...but no hat. I did have a jacket on and layers though. LOL
I get cold easily. Have to be prepared.

Today was picture day at school. I HATE picture day. I looked like my eyes were going to pop out of my head, because I didn't want to blink. She asked if I wanted her to take another one so I let her, and I wound up doing the same thing. All through my years my school pics have always been awful. Guess that carries over into adulthood. I have just resigned to looking like the freak with the crazy eyes....LOL

Old 10-06-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Well, I wore boots the other day...but no hat. I did have a jacket on and layers though. LOL

Today was picture day at school. I HATE picture day. I looked like my eyes were going to pop out of my head, because I didn't want to blink. She asked if I wanted her to take another one so I let her, and I wound up doing the same thing. All through my years my school pics have always been awful. Guess that carries over into adulthood. I have just resigned to looking like the freak with the crazy eyes....LOL
Nothing burning a fatty couldn't help.
Except you might not be able to control your giggles.
However, from the photos I've seen I disagree.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:31 PM

Well I just got home from a wonderful afternoon with Mr. CSD.
He took me to lunch then we wandered around a sweet little town with a beautiful
downtown area on the river.
Then we wandered through the quilt shop and I made a small purchase and signed up
for a class that is taught in 2 weeks from today.
Then we stopped in the old (69 year old) coffee shop and spent a wee bit of time.
Then I came home and he went on his way.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:

I've always found a double shot of Jack cured that little issue for me.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Well I just got home from a wonderful afternoon with Mr. CSD.
He took me to lunch then we wandered around a sweet little town with a beautiful
downtown area on the river.
Then we wandered through the quilt shop and I made a small purchase and signed up
for a class that is taught in 2 weeks from today.
Then we stopped in the old (69 year old) coffee shop and spent a wee bit of time.
Then I came home and he went on his way.
I like those kind of days which, are usually capped off with my wife saying "ok, get the hell out, you're getting on my nerves."

Old 10-06-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I like those kind of days which, are usually capped off with my wife saying "ok, get the hell out, you're getting on my nerves."
Well I didn't have to say that "this time", he already had to be going.......hahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships