Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:05 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times

Advertisements

My first love was back in 1962 and he threw me over for another gal...broke my heart. I'd thought about him many times over the years and fantasized what it would have been like if we had married. Then about 4 yrs ago I saw him on classmates and sent him an email...he sent me a pix of him and his family and I doubt I would have recognized him on the street! He sure wasn't the mental picture I'd had of him. So, do I still fantasize about him and me being married....no! That cured that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 12:15 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,495,242 times
My first love was in junior high back in 1975 and I came out of the closet to her in 1980. We have been writing to each other often ever since she moved to the east coast with her family when we were teens. She is happily married with 2 kids and I have been in a relationship for 28 years. She and I still write to each other, yahoo chat a couple times a week and talk on the phone a few times over the years. We consider each other to be very good friends, we were there for each other when our moms died and through other family problems and we have not met each other since we were teens. Our spouses do not mind that we are still friends, there is no threat and they know it. But our situation is different.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:34 PM

85 posts, read 365,782 times
never. they are history for a reason.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:38 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
My first love was in junior high back in 1975 and I came out of the closet to her in 1980. We have been writing to each other often ever since she moved to the east coast with her family when we were teens. She is happily married with 2 kids and I have been in a relationship for 28 years. She and I still write to each other, yahoo chat a couple times a week and talk on the phone a few times over the years. We consider each other to be very good friends, we were there for each other when our moms died and through other family problems and we have not met each other since we were teens. Our spouses do not mind that we are still friends, there is no threat and they know it. But our situation is different.
Dragonslayer, it's good that after so many years that the two of you are still friends, all too often these first-time relationships do not part under the best of circumstances, you are fortunate to still have such a friend, and I consider myself very fortunate to have known my first love and that we are still friends, we all need close friends.

Okay everybody let's keep this going, let's hear some happy endings, I'm sure there are some out there somewhere, just call me an Old Romantic.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:56 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,383 times
I still think of him. I've seen him a few times over the years but we don't speak. Or rather he still won't speak to me since I ended the relationship. I will never understand this! He got married way before I did (like 6 years or something) so it's obvious he moved on, but still won't speak. I was only 16 when we dated and he was in college. He wanted marriage and I wanted a life! Oh well, like someone else said, that's why they are exes. I love my husband and definitely got the better deal with him!

Old 12-27-2007, 02:12 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Default EX in History

Sure, I think about that first heartbreaker. I email her, too. She was a spoiled only kid of a doctor and now she's a divorced mother without a lot of job skills. I've been married to soemone else for 25 years. Doing well is the best revenge.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:19 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,001,365 times
These posts are fun. If we want to broaden it to "past loves" then my answers will change. I think there are cases where you can restart a past relationship. Not all relationships end because they've run their course - sometimes the timing, geography, etc., were just off and at a later date, who knows.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:32 PM
TCK

166 posts, read 565,520 times
Default Yes I do!

I have thought off and on over the years about my first love. Thirty-two years later I must admit that if we had stayed together longer, we still would not be together now. It just would not have worked. To be honest looking back....he was an idiot.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:35 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,618,399 times
Not a day goes by.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:38 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,001,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Not a day goes by.
Do tell, we need to know more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships