Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 02:45 AM

61 posts, read 76,570 times

Advertisements

Just as with gay marriage.... If there is two people that can find love in today's hateful (hint hint) society, SO BE IT.

Earth needs less hate and more love and no matter who it is, unless they create a victim, it's no one else' business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 04:55 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Ewwww.

I remember being 27 and dating a 20-year-old a couple of times. I could feel my IQ dropping every time I had a conversation with her. So, as a guy in my 50s, I can't imagine dating one now.
Grown men don't say "ewwww".

Old 09-13-2014, 05:31 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFishBigPond View Post
He's old enough to be her grandfather... I personally could not date anyone older than my parents (44, and 51) but at my age I wouldn't even feel comfortable dating someone 10 years my senior. I work with older people on a daily basis and while I will say many are quite charming and posses a great wealth of knowledge, the generational gap would still be too much to overcome. Not to mention, assuming no tragic accidents shorten either's life, with a 39 year age difference he's likely going to die quite earlier than her, leaving her widowed and any children fatherless, too much for me to deal with.
And rich if they marry!

Old 09-13-2014, 06:13 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,091 times
What a lot of you have failed to realize is, that it is most often the woman in these lopsided age relationships that fight to keep them. The men often realize it likely won't work and try and move on, or not engage and the girl is the one who clings on for dear life.

I had one age lopsided relationship when I was 39 with a 22 year old and did everything in my power to end it and she was so in love with me, she kept me coming back until I fell in love with her. There were challenges about the relationship, but the age thing faded quickly. I did not see her as such a much younger woman as time went by and from my point of view, I was sincerely not with her due to wanting some young woman on my arm. We eventually broke up due to other reasons, but age had nothing to do with it.

In the OP, I do find the age difference of 40 years to be a bit of a stretch though.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:32 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Grown men don't say "ewwww".
Based on what?

Old 09-13-2014, 03:00 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,961,718 times
The posted pic of Bauer doesn't really do him justice. He's actually (IMO) a great looking man. I could see how a young girl would find him attractive and likewise she's pretty smokin hot. I say... More power to both of them, although I may be a little biased seeing as how I am 25 and dating a 55 year old man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships