Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2014, 12:13 PM

34 posts, read 46,280 times

Advertisements

So my ex (my child father) and I aren't t/g anymore, we currently have a child otw! Baby be here in 9wks
But if you've read my previous post here, you'll get a brief background of how unsupportive and stubborn he's been throughout my pregnancy.

This week is the 1st time he's been civilized and respectful in a long time, and put his selfness to the side. We finally decided on a baby name, claims he's going to do what he suppose to when it comes to his responsibilities. Claim he still loves me and doesn't want me to have kids with anyone else.

My thing is I didn't hear I would like to reenter a relationship and think he's feeding me BS! This morning he texts saying i'm not ****! Asking him to get things for our son and still have plans of taking out child support & getting child care including w/child support order. That it want give me much to do when I have a job.

I have bills and rent to pay myself. He currently has a rmmate and everything is split down the middle in his home. I pay all my bills with no help or government assistance. Getting frustrated.

Do u also think he's feeding me BS thinking that I want take child support out? Do u believe he still loves me? Cause I feel like if u still love some1 u still want to be in a relationship w them and wouldn't state u don't want them to have kids with someone else. But like I said Is he never stated he wanted to reenter relationship w/me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 12:30 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,215,941 times
tma;dr

Old 09-13-2014, 12:30 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,029,705 times
You're speculating on child support extremely early. If he doesn't go on the birth certificate while at the hospital, you have to take him to court for a DNA before support is ordered. You're looking at 3-6 months AFTER the child is born before a support case even gets underway in the court system.

Get the support thing out of your head, you got bigger issues right now - like, finishing the pregnancy.

Actions speak louder than words. If his actions don't match his words, then his words are nothing.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:05 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,980,572 times
Adoption is always an option.

It's too bad dysfunctional people bring so many children into this world.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
It is too late in the pregnancy to abort.
It isn't the baby's fault these two people are dysfunctional, no reason at all to kill the baby.

I said adoption.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:12 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,359,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by declinelocalname View Post
So my ex (my child father) and I aren't t/g anymore, we currently have a child otw! Baby be here in 9wks
But if you've read my previous post here, you'll get a brief background of how unsupportive and stubborn he's been throughout my pregnancy.

This week is the 1st time he's been civilized and respectful in a long time, and put his selfness to the side. We finally decided on a baby name, claims he's going to do what he suppose to when it comes to his responsibilities. Claim he still loves me and doesn't want me to have kids with anyone else.

My thing is I didn't hear I would like to reenter a relationship and think he's feeding me BS! This morning he texts saying i'm not ****! Asking him to get things for our son and still have plans of taking out child support & getting child care including w/child support order. That it want give me much to do when I have a job.

I have bills and rent to pay myself. He currently has a rmmate and everything is split down the middle in his home. I pay all my bills with no help or government assistance. Getting frustrated.

Do u also think he's feeding me BS thinking that I want take child support out? Do u believe he still loves me? Cause I feel like if u still love some1 u still want to be in a relationship w them and wouldn't state u don't want them to have kids with someone else. But like I said Is he never stated he wanted to reenter relationship w/me.

So it's okay for him to impregnate you and break up with you but he doesn't want someone else to have the chance to do the same?

Are you married and getting divorced or not married but broke up?
It doesn't matter what he wants when it comes to your life if you are divorced or not married, what matters and what he has a legal interest in is the child.

Anything past that is none of his concern but whatever happens when/if he is ordered to pay child support demand that it be paid through the courts and not directly to you. That way there is documentation through the courts that he is or is not paying and you can pursue him legally if need be at a future time.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:52 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,085,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
It isn't the baby's fault these two people are dysfunctional, no reason at all to kill the baby.

I said adoption.
I deleted my post almost immediately, within seconds, as soon as I realized you said adoption.

Too late for abortion, so yes, adoption is the best option at this point.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I deleted my post almost immediately, within seconds, as soon as I realized you said adoption.

Too late for abortion, so yes, adoption is the best option at this point.
haha, I must have clicked the link or refreshed at the perfect time to see it

Old 09-14-2014, 05:23 AM

11,404 posts, read 24,502,244 times
Here's my serious advice:

Make your ex agree to sign the birth certificate in exchange for naming the baby after him.

1st, the father signs the paperwork to acknowledge paternity.
2nd, you name the baby after the father.

Do not reconcile with the father. Your romantic relationship is over. However, it will be a good thing for your son to grow up knowing his father. Be as civil about it as possible. Try to take the high road.

Find a social worker ASAP to help you cope with your housing and child support issues.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:39 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,021,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by declinelocalname View Post

Just wait till the baby is in this world. Some times people do change. May be he will come back. May be not. But it is a good thing at least if he supports you with father responsibility. Think positively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships