Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 09:17 AM

10 posts, read 6,932 times

Advertisements

I guess I am not being clear what am I scared of... It's not killing chicken or whoever else for eating. It is the purpose. I would run away and get scared if someone offered me to spend the whole night in the woods with tam-tam and killing animals for the purpose of getting their blod in order to worship whatever god responsible for "luck". When my bf first mentioned that he said - "if I tell you - you'r gonna run away from me". But yet he told me. So he expected such a reaction cause for an ordinary person this is wild. And I got afraid, and thought to myself what ELSE can come to his mind if he gets stressed.
I would propably need psychological help if I happened to see such an event!
I posted this cause I wanted to hear other people's perspective and see where I could probably jusdge him too much for no reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurch View Post
I am quiet not sure where your boy friend from. If some one joined to a rituals ceremony at mid night that does not mean he is psycho or a monster. If you look in that angle then going to church christening, fasting, mediating , bathing holy water also psychological activities too, If you love some one you need to respect his believes and his religion instead of insulting him as psycho. Those were the believes in old age, same as new age beliefs include astral projection, astrology, feng shui (geomancy), channeling, automatic writing, amulets, pranic healing, crystal healing, spellcraft, spiritism, tarot fortune-telling, wicca and séances.
So in my view. If you are afraid and if you cannot accept him as who he is let him go but be honest about it to him. And be polite.
Are you not eating chicken? are you not eating meat? have you never been to a butcher to buy meat? What is the difference there and in ritual? Did not you do BBQ in camping did not you waiting till rabbit toast on the girl? Do you have any idea how many animals are sacrificing their lives to fill human tummies are you not afraid of those or Is that all right because it is happening in day light in a frozen factory? Be realistic lady instead of acting like a child. If you are afraid of an innocent man who participated a ritual in the midnight, how about the men with weapon, carrying bombs, grenades, raping and killing woman, torture woman with electric shock how about that???? Please let him go I think he deserves better.
We live in Europe. He is european, me too. I did noit insult him. I told him only that it scares me. He got sucked in there in 2008,but was not much into it. 6 month ago he went throuh a difficult relationship and went to this community where he was offered to take such a ritual to "bring his life in order". It took him 6 months to think about it and he finally did.
The proble is that all people have certain frmes of "normality". For me this is wild, as these people also perform rituals in order to hurt other people - like "cursing" or smth.
Maybe I did rush with judging my bf though. I am really confused now..

Old 09-22-2014, 10:07 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,261,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOnions View Post
I don't think theres a man alive that's never choked the chicken in the woods.

LOL...too bad that went over way too many heads!!

Old 09-22-2014, 10:08 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,021,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clout View Post
1I guess I am not being clear what am I scared of... It's not killing chicken or whoever else for eating. 2It is the purpose. 3I would run away and get scared if someone offered me to spend the whole night in the woods with tam-tam and killing animals for the purpose of getting their blod in order to worship whatever god responsible for "luck". When my bf first mentioned that he said - "if I tell you - you'r gonna run away from me". But yet he told me. 4So he expected such a reaction cause for an ordinary person this is wild. And I got afraid, and 5thought to myself what ELSE can come to his mind if he gets stressed.
6I would propably need psychological help if I happened to see such an event!
I posted this cause I wanted to hear other people's perspective and see where 7I could probably jusdge him too much for no reason.
1. No you were not. you were totally paranoid
2. What religion are you? Animal sacrifice is in Judaism,Christianity, Islam, Hinduism,Sikhism, far east ( Chinese) and African Traditional religions. Read the Lamb of Lord in New testament. It not included in Buddhism. Because Buddha condemn worshiping god with animal blood.
3. There is nothing to freak out and run away. Has he ever asked you to participate? Did he force you to be with him in woods?. If not then why you are afraid? Because of his rituals? I have been there once nothing to freak out. I wanted to see what exactly happening. And also I did joined some African thing too in the mid night nothing to freak out. And it is not what you imagine either.
4.No for people who read who explore things enjoy different cultures may be people like you who got no clue about anything possible those are wild.
5.It is not he is stressed. The meaning of Rituals are for and also mental and psychical healing. I don't think he did for stress.
6. That means you are mentally not strong. Can you see blood? Are you not falling down?
7. you already did.

If I were you I would go with him and see the purpose. Good luck by the way. But I think you better let him to find some one who understands him better than you.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurch View Post
1. No you were not. you were totally paranoid
2. What religion are you? Animal sacrifice is in Judaism,Christianity, Islam, Hinduism,Sikhism, far east ( Chinese) and African Traditional religions. Read the Lamb of Lord in New testament. It not included in Buddhism. Because Buddha condemn worshiping god with animal blood.
3. There is nothing to freak out and run away. Has he ever asked you to participate? Did he force you to be with him in woods?. If not then why you are afraid? Because of his rituals? I have been there once nothing to freak out. I wanted to see what exactly happening. And also I did joined some African thing too in the mid night nothing to freak out. And it is not what you imagine either.
4.No for people who read who explore things enjoy different cultures may be people like you who got no clue about anything possible those are wild.
5.It is not he is stressed. The meaning of Rituals are for and also mental and psychical healing. I don't think he did for stress.
6. That means you are mentally not strong. Can you see blood? Are you not falling down?
7. you already did.

If I were you I would go with him and see the purpose. Good luck by the way. But I think you better let him to find some one who understands him better than you.
I am not religeous, but officially Christian.
No he did not ask me to take part or anything. He participated in this ritual exactly for "healing" as he felt depressed and stressed. It did not really help though...
Thank you for showing me the other side of the coin. You call me narrow-minded and probably you are right.
I cann see blood and I am not falling down. I would be scared of the ritual though - because of dead birds, blood, wood in the night, etc. To me it's more like a horror movie.
I will think things over again.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:58 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,253,037 times
Draining a chicken for its blood and not eating it is disturbing in itself. Waste of good meat.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:00 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,227,897 times
Quote:
I don't even know how to tell this. i feel like this cannot happen in reality... BUT
My bf of 3 months with whom I've been on vacation and seen his very nice family... told me that ... he participated in a religeous ritual involving sacrifice (chickens) in the woods at nigh in order to put his life in order as he was recently very stressed and depressed.
Yes, he's a psycho. Get rid of him.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:27 AM

36,727 posts, read 31,008,318 times
Quote:
I am not religeous, but officially Christian.
No he did not ask me to take part or anything. He participated in this ritual exactly for "healing" as he felt depressed and stressed. It did not really help though...
Thank you for showing me the other side of the coin. You call me narrow-minded and probably you are right.
I cann see blood and I am not falling down. I would be scared of the ritual though - because of dead birds, blood, wood in the night, etc. To me it's more like a horror movie.
I will think things over again.
Sometimes people will do some weird stuff to be relieved of their demons.
Sometimes people do some weird stuff and never even realize why they do it.
Why do we pray to a God who does not hear us, revere a cross which symbolized torture and death, symbolically drink the blood of the lamb and seek immortality?

I honestly don't understand your fear. Its a ritual and he is not hurting anyone.
If you think about it is this any weirder than lying on a couch being evaluated by a psych doctor and prescribed mind altering medications. Is paying the bill any less horrifying?

Old 09-22-2014, 11:34 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,180,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestOfTruth View Post
Perhaps you put all of your eggs into one basket and are now regretting it.

Or perhaps her BF felt hen-pecked and wanted to be cage-free.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:36 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,180,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

It always starts off with chickens, then goats, and so on.....
It's common knowledge that chickens are gateway sacrifices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships