Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 11:46 AM

31,134 posts, read 22,174,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Draining a chicken for its blood and not eating it is disturbing in itself. Waste of good meat.
Being a practical person, I would agree with soy sauce. Eat what you kill.

I have known two women who have have had this type of sacrifice as part of their religion. One was a woman from Africa and the other was one who discovered Voodoo or something similar as a teen. I think it is wierd but tolerable since it does not affect me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 11:48 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,425,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Draining a chicken for its blood and not eating it is disturbing in itself. Waste of good meat.
Yeah. What a waste of a good batch of fried chicken.. yum.. deep battered fried chicken and gravy.

He sure is crazy.

Chicken and waffles sounds good!

Old 09-22-2014, 11:49 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,173,183 times
Whatever you do, save the giblets!!

Old 09-22-2014, 11:53 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,343,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clout View Post
I don't even know how to tell this. i feel like this cannot happen in reality... BUT
My bf of 3 months with whom I've been on vacation and seen his very nice family... told me that ... he participated in a religious ritual involving sacrifice (chickens) in the woods at nigh in order to put his life in order as he was recently very stressed and depressed. I was shocked... I thought it is only happening in horror movies!!!! But not in real life and not with me!!!!
He begged me to stay at his place that night but I was scared of him! I am scared of him now and I told him that he needs to go to the doctor to deal with his stress. He said he will never do this rituals again BUT I am afraid of him - what is there inside of him that brought him to the woods for the whole nigh and take part in such activities!!! And he said "you are leaving only because I had a ritual, we had such good times together!!!" But to be honest - I am afraid. I cannot stop thinking about it and I feel like it just could not have happened!!! This is a pagan cult and we are living in a 21 century!!!
We had some issues before and ... I was thinking should I stay or go... I guess it is a sign that I should go... Though I feel sorry for him. He is a very attractive guy, has a good job, a good place to live. WHY??? WHY is he is psycho????? God... unbelievable!!!

Why in the world would you think this guy is a psycho and why would you be scared of him?

What he participated in is a Pagan Ritual, a bit extreme to me but part of his belief and what has to be done to follow that belief. I'm not sure what Ritual he was performing but I really don't need to know that.

If you can't deal with this then move on but he is no more Psycho than anyone else who performs a Ritual in honor of a deity.

Do you run screaming out of the Church at Mass when the Ritual preparing the Eucharist is performed?
Granted it does not involve killing chickens but is a Ritual none the less.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:05 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,778,350 times
Quote:
I guess I am not being clear what am I scared of... It's not killing chicken or whoever else for eating. It is the purpose. I would run away and get scared if someone offered me to spend the whole night in the woods with tam-tam and killing animals for the purpose of getting their blod in order to worship whatever god responsible for "luck". When my bf first mentioned that he said - "if I tell you - you'r gonna run away from me". But yet he told me. So he expected such a reaction cause for an ordinary person this is wild. And I got afraid, and thought to myself what ELSE can come to his mind if he gets stressed.
I would propably need psychological help if I happened to see such an event!
I posted this cause I wanted to hear other people's perspective and see where I could probably jusdge him too much for no reason.
WTF is tam-tam?

You sound a little unhinged yourself.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:21 PM

10 posts, read 6,930 times
Dear all,
Thank you very much for your feedback! It really helped me to see this whole thing from a diffrerent perspective.

"Sometimes people will do some weird stuff to be relieved of their demons.
Sometimes people do some weird stuff and never even realize why they do it.
Why do we pray to a God who does not hear us, revere a cross which symbolized torture and death, symbolically drink the blood of the lamb and seek immortality?"

This is so right. I really appreciate these words and do agree with them!

Old 09-22-2014, 12:34 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,606,342 times
Sounds like a damned weirdo, regardless.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:00 PM

10 posts, read 6,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
WTF is tam-tam?

You sound a little unhinged yourself.
This is tamtam
http://www.aktuelresim.com/resim/tam...usi%C3%B3n.jpg

Old 09-22-2014, 01:07 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,974,167 times
Quote:
I don't even know how to tell this. i feel like this cannot happen in reality... BUT
My bf of 3 months with whom I've been on vacation and seen his very nice family... told me that ... he participated in a religeous ritual involving sacrifice (chickens) in the woods at nigh in order to put his life in order as he was recently very stressed and depressed. I was shocked... I thought it is only happening in horror movies!!!! But not in real life and not with me!!!!
He begged me to stay at his place that night but I was scared of him! I am scared of him now and I told him that he needs to go to the doctor to deal with his stress. He said he will never do this rituals again BUT I am afraid of him - what is there inside of him that brought him to the woods for the whole nigh and take part in such activities!!! And he said "you are leaving only because I had a ritual, we had such good times together!!!" But to be honest - I am afraid. I cannot stop thinking about it and I feel like it just could not have happened!!! This is a pagan cult and we are living in a 21 century!!!
We had some issues before and ... I was thinking should I stay or go... I guess it is a sign that I should go... Though I feel sorry for him. He is a very attractive guy, has a good job, a good place to live. WHY??? WHY is he is psycho????? God... unbelievable!!!
If you have to ask, you're probably not much better

Old 09-22-2014, 01:08 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,383,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Pagan gods aren't any better or worse than non pagan gods, they all come from the same cloth. I personal have trouble dating superstitious people.
Right. "Pagan" gods are no more Pagan than Western society's gods. They're all "Pagan." Millions of chickens are slaughtered, and not always humanely, in many societies. I guess, for me, it's the superstitious beliefs that would bother me, and that goes for Western beliefs, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships