Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 02:08 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,461,630 times

Advertisements

i think it would be wise for some of the posters here unable to let go to understand the three core reasons humans interact and apply it to your lives, situations and circumstances

be honest with yourselves and stop playing head games to cover the real issues

Last edited by rego00123; 10-10-2014 at 02:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 04:18 PM

174 posts, read 230,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
A FWB situation?

Either forgive her and work on getting back to a good point in your relationship or leave her. I'm starting to feel sorry for this woman. I would not be willing to demean myself and agree to a FWB situation so you could continue to have sex with me with no commitment while I have to get down on my knees everyday and grovel for your forgiveness. What she did was wrong, but geez.
'

OP denies it, but he's punishing her.
I would be long gone. This is not how to rebuild a relationship.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:25 PM

174 posts, read 230,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
'

OP denies it, but he's punishing her.
I would be long gone. This is not how to rebuild a relationship.
If I were Nancy, I would cut my losses and leave, not because I'm guilty or not guilty, it's because OP is petty and punitive. That's a not good foundation for a long term relationship.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:00 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,579,359 times
OP, it's done and over with and she's apologized, just get over it already. She doesn't deserve shaming or punishment and she shouldn't have act like she's on probation and reprove herself to you, just get the heck over it.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:42 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,833,199 times
It was nothing but a glorified FWB relationship before his happened, so I'm not sure what has changed. Maybe before, you were "exclusive" FWBs?

Old 10-11-2014, 01:46 AM

86 posts, read 59,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
That is good. I am glad that things work out for you.

I believe the bolded. MOST divorced people can have a working relationship if there are kids involved, but I highly doubt most divorced folks still have feelings for each other. Wait and see attitude is good and I am sure you have a good woman there. Love is hard to come by, don't obsessee over the small stuff.

The visual you gave us has been incredible. A sexy lady with a backless gown. Woohoo, That sounds very very NICE!

I wish you some good luck and all the best things in life.

Take care!!
Thank you. I think I'm doing the right thing.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
A FWB situation?

Either forgive her and work on getting back to a good point in your relationship or leave her. I'm starting to feel sorry for this woman. I would not be willing to demean myself and agree to a FWB situation so you could continue to have sex with me with no commitment while I have to get down on my knees everyday and grovel for your forgiveness. What she did was wrong, but geez.
Why should I commit, if I'm not sure of her,? and nobody ever said that she had to "grovel", did they? This is your own dramatic projection, not mine. Considering her behavior, I think I have been very reasonable. If she feels that she is "groveling", all she has to do is say so, and we can end it. I certainly am not cracking some kind of whip over her, but trying to protect my feelings and make sure that I'm #1 on the hit parade. Which, considering her actions at the wedding, I feel that I have a right to do so. The FWB idea was one in which we can slow down the relationship , yet still enjoy each others company, including sex, which we BOTH like very much. Then, when all of this is sorted out, we can either end it mutually or move on, together.

Last edited by Boxer101; 10-11-2014 at 02:09 AM..

Old 10-11-2014, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
It was nothing but a glorified FWB relationship before his happened, so I'm not sure what has changed. Maybe before, you were "exclusive" FWBs?
Probably, nothing much will actually change, except that we both are on the same page.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
If I were Nancy, I would cut my losses and leave, not because I'm guilty or not guilty, it's because OP is petty and punitive. That's a not good foundation for a long term relationship.
In what way am I "punishing " her? By insisting that I know what happened and why? By insisting that I will not be "plan B"? By protecting my feelings?
You people who think I'm "punishing " her are projecting your own interpretation and motives on me, which are simply not true. Every action that I have asked of her are actions I would be willing to take if asked BY her, if I had done what she did.
BTW, she thinks I'm doing OK, and her opinion is the only one that matters.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
OP, it's done and over with and she's apologized, just get over it already. She doesn't deserve shaming or punishment and she shouldn't have act like she's on probation and reprove herself to you, just get the heck over it.
I have never shamed her or asked her to grovel or beg like some of the more dramatic posters have insinuated. WE will decide about our relationship , when I am satisfied that I know the whole story about this incident and have all the info that I can get. I owe it to BOTH of us, to do this right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships