Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 02:15 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,203,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Never have any free time when you're alone, the house is clean, all your friends are out of town, and you just don't have anything to do?

No, there is a time and place for every adventure.
Sure I have all those, but nope,, still not my thing. I have hobbies I can engage, new stuff I would like to try, plus other more important things to focus on now anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You have to do what works for you, but a ONS or a vacation fling every now and then isn't going to get in the way of connecting for a fling with someone. You're going to bed that night anyway, doing it with someone else isn't going to change that.

Also, a large percentage of marriages come from ONS and flings that keep on going. Probably 75-80% of the weddings I've been to since my early 30s started as bar/party/whatever hook ups and kept on going. That is how I met my girlfriend, and that is probably the most common non OLD of relationship establishment.

Again, you have to do with what works for you, but it is a false dichotomy to say either a person is looking/having hookups or they're looking for a serious relationship (you aren't the only one saying that). Both can be going on simultaneously.
Ok, that can happen. But for me, I don't do flings while looking for a relationship. I don't build relationships around the sex. I believe the sex adds to it, but not makes up all of it. So, emotional connection 1st, tons of hot sex afterward-probably 2-3 times a day, but with an already exclusive partner, where the emotions, trust and investment, are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 02:17 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,740,137 times
I never cared for casual sex. Seems pointless for me. I take sex pretty seriously, and I know if I just slept with someone just to sleep with them and get a quick rush, I wouldn't feel good about myself because I know how I am, and I know my own personal convictions.

Definitely don't have anything against those who do enjoy it, though.

Especially since I have to be emotionally attached to the guy in order to feel sexually attracted to him. In your case it could simply mean that you just don't find her attractive, or maybe you want something meaningful. Nothing to over think.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:26 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,210,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I never cared for casual sex. Seems pointless for me. I take sex pretty seriously, and I know if I just slept with someone just to sleep with them and get a quick rush, I wouldn't feel good about myself because I know how I am, and I know my own personal convictions.

Definitely don't have anything against those who do enjoy it, though.

Especially since I have to be emotionally attached to the guy in order to feel sexually attracted to him. In your case it could simply mean that you just don't find her attractive, or maybe you want something meaningful. Nothing to over think.

Yea, the last time I hit it and quit it, it wasn't that fulfilling to me. Thanks for the advice.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:04 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,050,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Ok, that can happen. But for me, I don't do flings while looking for a relationship. I don't build relationships around the sex. I believe the sex adds to it, but not makes up all of it. So, emotional connection 1st, tons of hot sex afterward-probably 2-3 times a day, but with an already exclusive partner, where the emotions, trust and investment, are there.

Hey, if that is happening for you, power to you!!

Old 09-30-2014, 04:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,935,035 times
You just don't want this chick.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:26 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,379,392 times
I don't buy all this meaningful stuff, OP. Lol

She just isn't atttractive enough for you to bed is all.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,348,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Sure I have all those, but nope,, still not my thing. I have hobbies I can engage, new stuff I would like to try, plus other more important things to focus on now anyhow.

How do you know? Aren't you the one who has never been on a date yet?
Not trying to be snarky, but you haven't had any relationships at all, so how do you know?

Old 09-30-2014, 05:35 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,050,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
How do you know? Aren't you the one who has never been on a date yet?
Not trying to be snarky, but you haven't had any relationships at all, so how do you know?

That can't be. If she knows what works for her, surely she must have experienced a bunch of different things and found that works for her. Otherwise it is just a fairy tale, and like all fairy tales, the world doesn't work the way we wish it to; heck, we don't work the way we wish to most of the time!

I hope you have her just confused with another poster.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:36 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,471,615 times
does your friend just want you to turn this chick out, or is she looking for an FB?

I could never get down with an FB. After I got some, and if I didn't want to date her, then done done on to the next one.

I get it though, it does eventually get old.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:44 PM

92 posts, read 97,482 times
I'll take what I can get. I even wake up licking my pillow and dreaming.....

How casual is casual?

Today on the way home from work I got pretty horny and aroused. Every time I try to lay low and stay away from women, my loins come calling. I have super high testosterone levels because I keep myself buff and in very very good shape.

If there was somebody to call or someone waiting for me when I got home, I would have had to wear sweatpants to work tomorrow if you catch my drift!!

Meow...meow!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships