Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 04:00 PM

29,232 posts, read 22,492,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
There's an obvious 3rd choice you're overlooking...
Sure. I left that one for Mr. Stress to figure out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 04:00 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,018,697 times
lot of cake eaters here trying to rationalize this polyamorous lifestyle at the expense of OP being relationship road kill. pretty sad considering they would not accept the same treatment from their SO.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:02 PM

5,183 posts, read 4,509,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
A breakup or a fight over a kiss goodbye? Who are your friends the Hell's Angels?
My friends are upright, self-respecting people, who would have had their last button pushed if someone had done that to them.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:04 PM

29,232 posts, read 22,492,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
lot of cake eaters here trying to rationalize this polyamorous lifestyle at the expense of OP being relationship road kill. pretty sad considering they would not accept the same treatment from their SO.
Yup. But there are lots of lonely people who'll take anything they can get these days. Ending up being road kill is part of the territory.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:06 PM

12,115 posts, read 23,389,539 times
You are a convenient doormat. You are the one being disrespected; walk away while you still have some dignity.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:10 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,424,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
Who knows what the OP actually did at the party to so enrage his girlfriend? There are always two sides to any situation, and I think the OP may have boundary issues. ( leaving SO at a bar to go do what he wants, gossiping about his SO to the boss' wife) those two things would raise my ire. I think they have Both have done things that weren't cool and they have a terrible time communicating.

Regardless, it's not that big of a deal. They can either work it out or break up.

In some social circles people kiss each other with a simple peck. It's not a make out session. I even platonically kiss my girlfriends and their husbands on the cheek.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:12 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,879,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
W

In some social circles people kiss each other with a simple peck. It's not a make out session. I even platonically kiss my girlfriends and their husbands on the cheek.
HELLO! Key words: "on the cheek". Case closed.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:12 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,169,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStress View Post
Would this be a deal breaker for you? Would you consider ending a relationship if your spouse/girlfriend excluded you from functions with co-workers?
Yes and yes. It's really not about the co-workers. It's all about respect. She has none for you. Move on to someone who's more mature and shares your interests and priorities.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:16 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,879,953 times
Seriously, OP, there are so many better, tastier fish in the sea. Know what I'm saying? You don't have to put up with this.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:19 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,391,297 times
When I was single. I loved to drink and party. Granted I would never drink at home unless I was going out. I.e. pre-gaming. None of this "two a night" type of thing. But I went out probably 3-5 nights a week many weeks, and drank and partied hard.

That being said, when I was in a relationship, every relationship, that lifestyle loses it's lust. I have little to no desire to keep up with it. Twice I've dated women who I felt drank too much and it impacted our relationship, much like the OP's gf.. My gf is almost 21, and we've been together 2.5 years. Basically in her "prime" in terms of drinking. Yet in the last few years I've seen her buzzed maybe a couple times. She'll have a drink ever like 4 or 5 months, or if we're with family or at the beach, which are all rare.

Sounds like you need the same, OP. Not everyone's lifestyles can coincide like that. Mine doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships