Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 07:13 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times

Advertisements

There's nothing appealing about the bad girl. Who knows who or what has been in there? Nothing but trouble. She'll spend all your money and waste your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 07:36 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,240,598 times
I prefer the girl that looks like & carries herself like the girl next door most of the time, but can morph into a bad girl when the situation is appropriate...like behind closed doors.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:42 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Ok so I found this article.

11 Reasons Why Men Never Pick The Good Girl And Why They Should

I've always been the good girl kind of guy. Party girls, drama queens, b*tchy girls, hard to get girls, etc. never did it for me. After the physical beauty what attracts me to girls is how I feel when I'm around her. Is she affectionate? Warm? Does she make me feel like a man or am I having to prove that I am man enough for her constantly?

So all in all I disagree with what this article writes as it pertains to me. I am curious how the other men feel about the article and what the women think of it as well.

1. Men conflate “bad” with sexy.

2. Men are gamblers, risk takers.

3. Bad girls are usually better in bed.

4. Although emotional pain sucks, men kind of like it.

5. Good girls can come off bland.

6. Men like women they have a difficult time figuring out.

7. Most men aren’t looking for a woman and thinking, “I wonder if she will make a good mother.”

8. Having a relationship on the verge of shattering, excites us.

9. Men like the uncertainty.

10. Men love danger – at least as a concept.

11. We feel like good is easy to get – but, of course, we’re wrong.
Sounds pretty accurate until a guy gets ready to get his life together, make some money, get married and have a family. Then he is looking for the good girl who hasn't slept around and will make a good supportive wife and mother to his children. But by then all those good girls have married all those good guys who couldn't get those bad girls so the only thing left are those bad girls who thought they could get a good guy when they got tired of being with bad boys. Yeah.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:44 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,290 times
Another "study" that proves whatever point it wants to.

I consider myself a good balance of "good" and "bad". Men including my hubby never seemed to analyze me in that way.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:53 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
I think there is a type of person who likes what they think of as the "bad" version of the opposite sex. These people tend to be very narrow minded in their views... everything is black and white/ good and bad/ Madonna and wh-r-

I've run into guys like this and they are annoying to me. I guess I get seen as the "good girl" because men who think along these lines figure I am not the dating type, but the marrying type. I dated a man who said he's dated around for years and was ready to settle down (and that's why he asked me out). I also dated other men who were "ready to settle down" and decided to date me when this notion hit them (like it's what I've been waiting for or something). On the flip side, I dated a man who just wanted to have fun (which was fine by me) and broke it off with me saying I wasn't right for him because he couldn't offer me a LTR (yet our dating was fun and just what I wanted at the time. Never asked him for a LTR).

Luckily, most people don't have these hang ups. Most men don't like "bad girls" and most women don't like "bad boys." And for what it's worth most people know there other people aren't such caricatures that they are "bad" or "good."

Old 10-03-2014, 08:59 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Ok so I found this article.

11 Reasons Why Men Never Pick The Good Girl And Why They Should

I've always been the good girl kind of guy. Party girls, drama queens, b*tchy girls, hard to get girls, etc. never did it for me. After the physical beauty what attracts me to girls is how I feel when I'm around her. Is she affectionate? Warm? Does she make me feel like a man or am I having to prove that I am man enough for her constantly?

So all in all I disagree with what this article writes as it pertains to me. I am curious how the other men feel about the article and what the women think of it as well.

1. Men conflate “bad” with sexy.

True.
2. Men are gamblers, risk takers.

I am socially and fiscally conservative, so this is not me. I do take calculated financial risks because I am an entrepreneur.
3. Bad girls are usually better in bed.

Been with two women, both good girls so I wouldn't know but it is probably true.
4. Although emotional pain sucks, men kind of like it.

Not for me.
5. Good girls can come off bland.

I will take bland but affectionate and caring over a spicy b*tch any day.
6. Men like women they have a difficult time figuring out.

No, I like women that I can figure out. Hate head games.
7. Most men aren’t looking for a woman and thinking, “I wonder if she will make a good mother.”

I'm not looking for a mom for me, but for my future kids yes. If I am thinking short term I am not thinking this, any LTR I am thinking this.
8. Having a relationship on the verge of shattering, excites us.

Hell no.
9. Men like the uncertainty.

Hell no.
10. Men love danger – at least as a concept.

Again I am socially and fiscally conservative. While I like some spontaneity I stay away from stupid reckless mistakes.
11. We feel like good is easy to get – but, of course, we’re wrong.

If a good girl is worth having she is worth getting.
Regarding that list?

1. Yes.
2. Sure, but I'm not sure that's very applicable.
3. No. Not necessarily false, but not true. Irrelevant.
4. I've found this to be true for both genders. Despite complaints to the contrary, I think people "need" drama to some extent.
5. Definitely
6. No
7. I can't speak for "most men", but I know I don't.
8. Maybe, but I don't think people go INTO relationships with this mindset.
9. No.
10. Yes.
11. Good IS easy to get. It's just not a priority for a lot of men. There are good girls everywhere. But they're put off as unattractive, boring, or any other number of things.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:59 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,071,793 times
Since I'm the good guy type, most of those for whom I have had romantic feelings have been the "bad girl"type. But some were not. It is not a matter of choice, it is simply a feeling.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:36 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,819,491 times
Co-worker told me the "bad" is the first wife, and the "good" is the 2nd/keeper. I believe it.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:44 AM

1,917 posts, read 1,280,788 times
I dunno about the "bad girls are better in bed part".... I've been with some " good girls" that have made my eyes cross.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:45 AM

1,917 posts, read 1,280,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Sounds pretty accurate until a guy gets ready to get his life together, make some money, get married and have a family. Then he is looking for the good girl who hasn't slept around and will make a good supportive wife and mother to his children. But by then all those good girls have married all those good guys who couldn't get those bad girls so the only thing left are those bad girls who thought they could get a good guy when they got tired of being with bad boys. Yeah.
Ha! I love it! Well put
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships