Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 12:22 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,643,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I think, stereotypically, the bad girl is the "slooty", alpha *****, wild type that guys love to sleep & party with. And the good girl is the more old-fashioned "lady-like" one that guys would marry-but some marry her and keep a side dish.

But, as Timberline stated, Good Girl can be another name for boring, dull, submissive, etc. No fun at all.

For example, I was a poll online with Ginger and Maryann from Gilligan's Island. Which want did guys want. And almost all of them said they'd sleep with Ginger and marry Maryann

Ginger is the redhead, of course lol
http://dummidumbwit.files.wordpress....nd-maryann.jpg
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...34073faf22.jpg
http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/73...7e1e139c30.jpg
Ginger is the sexy, seductress movie star, even stated she's dated some swingers in the past. Maryann is the old-fashioned sweet girl-good cook, home-maker type. And the in-series, the 2 sailors, Gilligan and Skipper were nuts for Ginger. And the more straigh-laced professor preferred Maryann.
Ok I really appreciate this response, but based on this I can't really a straight answer because there is no straight and undesputable definition of what a nice girl and bad girl really are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 01:04 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,083,506 times
The title would be absolutely correct if it was
11 reasons douchebags never pick the good girl.

all i kept picturing reading it was skeevy guys in clubs wearing way too much cologne.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:18 PM

2,931 posts, read 5,289,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
So, in other words, nice girls are boring. Gotcha.
Wrong.

Nothing wrong with being a nice girl or a nice guy. Being ONLY nice is what's boring.

For example. A guy can be a nice guy but can still have a bad boy vibe to his woman. By not always conforming, not always being available to answer her calls EVERY single time she calls, not calling her every minute, or even not always coming straight home after work can add mystery and leave his woman with something to be desired. Visa-Versa if the genders were swapped.

Now compare that to the guy that always comes home on time, calls her constantly to check on her wherabouts, irons her clothes everyday and every night, always cooks and waits on her EVERY single day. While a woman might appreciate the good things about that at first, she's going to eventually get bored with that because he's laying all his cards on the table. He's making the ultimate mistake of not leaving her something to be desired.

Like most things in life, there has to be a balance. There can't be too much of one thing or another.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:22 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,752,445 times
Is a good girl the same thing as a "nice guy"?

Old 10-03-2014, 01:25 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,385,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I don't know any men these days who like crazy unless they are crazier. Yes, "bad girls" might equate to "easy sex" for a lot of guys, but that's as far as they're taking that relationship and they know it up front.

Good girls who don't get picked should learn that they don't want to be picked by the guys who don't pick good girls. Actually not even by some of the guys who do, but she should certainly realize she missed a bullet when a guy overlooks her because she's a "good girl."
Much of the second paragraph can be said to the "good guys" about girls who don't pick them.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:31 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,449,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Ok so I found this article.

11 Reasons Why Men Never Pick The Good Girl And Why They Should

I've always been the good girl kind of guy. Party girls, drama queens, b*tchy girls, hard to get girls, etc. never did it for me. After the physical beauty what attracts me to girls is how I feel when I'm around her. Is she affectionate? Warm? Does she make me feel like a man or am I having to prove that I am man enough for her constantly?

So all in all I disagree with what this article writes as it pertains to me. I am curious how the other men feel about the article and what the women think of it as well.

1. Men conflate “bad” with sexy.

True.
2. Men are gamblers, risk takers.

I am socially and fiscally conservative, so this is not me. I do take calculated financial risks because I am an entrepreneur.
3. Bad girls are usually better in bed.

Been with two women, both good girls so I wouldn't know but it is probably true.
4. Although emotional pain sucks, men kind of like it.

Not for me.
5. Good girls can come off bland.

I will take bland but affectionate and caring over a spicy b*tch any day.
6. Men like women they have a difficult time figuring out.

No, I like women that I can figure out. Hate head games.
7. Most men aren’t looking for a woman and thinking, “I wonder if she will make a good mother.”

I'm not looking for a mom for me, but for my future kids yes. If I am thinking short term I am not thinking this, any LTR I am thinking this.
8. Having a relationship on the verge of shattering, excites us.

Hell no.
9. Men like the uncertainty.

Hell no.
10. Men love danger – at least as a concept.

Again I am socially and fiscally conservative. While I like some spontaneity I stay away from stupid reckless mistakes.
11. We feel like good is easy to get – but, of course, we’re wrong.

If a good girl is worth having she is worth getting.
Never? Really? So they're trying to say any woman who is or has ever been in a relationship is a "bad girl"?

Old 10-03-2014, 01:33 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,827,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I think, stereotypically, the bad girl is the "slooty", alpha *****, wild type that guys love to sleep & party with. And the good girl is the more old-fashioned "lady-like" one that guys would marry-but some marry her and keep a side dish.

But, as Timberline stated, Good Girl can be another name for boring, dull, submissive, etc. No fun at all.

For example, I was a poll online with Ginger and Maryann from Gilligan's Island. Which want did guys want. And almost all of them said they'd sleep with Ginger and marry Maryann

Ginger is the redhead, of course lol
http://dummidumbwit.files.wordpress....nd-maryann.jpg
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...34073faf22.jpg
http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/73...7e1e139c30.jpg
Ginger is the sexy, seductress movie star, even stated she's dated some swingers in the past. Maryann is the old-fashioned sweet girl-good cook, home-maker type. And the in-series, the 2 sailors, Gilligan and Skipper were nuts for Ginger. And the more straigh-laced professor preferred Maryann.
Yeah... I am probably a "Good girl" by these definitions. I am not the partying, drinking, clubbing type and I certainly don't sleep around. I hate all that stuff. But I wouldn't consider myself "boring" either. But to someone who likes to party, club, etc, etc, I probably am boring, lol.

I like going to the beach and relaxing or doing outdoorsy stuff like scuba diving or camping, maybe have a drink or two tops, I like cooking and baking, I watch the History Channel, and I do tend to be a follower, not a leader and will usually let the man take the lead. And I admit I can be pretty naive sometimes. And the men in my life treat me like some kind of proper lady (with a few exceptions, they almost all apologize when the cuss in front of me? I don't curse myself (maybe very rarely when I am alone)... but I am an adult, it's not like I never heard it before. I feel like Father Mulcahy from MASH with everyone apologizing around me all the time, lol). And while I don't sleep around and such, when I am with a man and it's a solid relationship... let's just say I tend to be a bit on the aggressive side.

And yes, I have terrible luck with men. The men who are interested in me... just about all of them are looking for a wife. Bah!

I'd try to party and such more, but like I said, I don't just don't like it. It's not fun at all to me. Oh well, guess I am doomed. Well, at least until my "professor" comes along. You know, he was always my favorite on the show.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:08 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,224,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I think there is a type of person who likes what they think of as the "bad" version of the opposite sex. These people tend to be very narrow minded in their views... everything is black and white/ good and bad/ Madonna and wh-r-

I've run into guys like this and they are annoying to me. I guess I get seen as the "good girl" because men who think along these lines figure I am not the dating type, but the marrying type. I dated a man who said he's dated around for years and was ready to settle down (and that's why he asked me out). I also dated other men who were "ready to settle down" and decided to date me when this notion hit them (like it's what I've been waiting for or something). On the flip side, I dated a man who just wanted to have fun (which was fine by me) and broke it off with me saying I wasn't right for him because he couldn't offer me a LTR (yet our dating was fun and just what I wanted at the time. Never asked him for a LTR).

Luckily, most people don't have these hang ups. Most men don't like "bad girls" and most women don't like "bad boys." And for what it's worth most people know there other people aren't such caricatures that they are "bad" or "good."

The funny thing is there are women who would kill to give off the "good girl/marrying type" vibe. On the opposite note I have a male friend who has this same problem. Women see him as the "husband type" and always want to rush into children and long term commitment. He actually wants to be seen as the "bad boy" lol

Old 10-03-2014, 02:08 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,643,295 times
I always thought a good.girl.is a kind girl, a girl who doesn't hurt others or takes advantage of others, a girl who loves her husband or boyfriend and doesn't cheat on him with another man by sleeping with him. I have never found any official definition where a good girl is described as a girl.who is boring and doesn't drink or never goes to bars or clubs or any of that. People have some really screwed up definitions about what good and bad is. I don't get it. Oh well

Old 10-03-2014, 02:15 PM

783 posts, read 853,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I would like to know what exactly is a nice girl and what exactly is a.bad girl.
Its up to you to define that for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships