Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 10:24 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,451,417 times

Advertisements

Oh God, why did I read this whole thread by a teenage stoner. All the while I'm shaking my head. Because is this what teenagers 'lifestyle' is nowadays?

If you like someone just text them. If they reply right away they are soooooo into you. If they don't reply within a day (gasp...!) then they are not into you.... OMG REALLLLLLLLY?

Also I feel really bad that smoking weed is just nonchalant these days, it's even legal in CO.

Oh well just feeling sad how our society is going down,, IN ALL ASPECTS.

Glad I lived in the 80s on my teens when everything is simple, and innocent. And have to physically go out of the house if I want to have fun.

Unlike now where fun for teens is just stay inside to play their game consoles or tablet or smart phones while smoking weed..... ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 01:07 AM

75 posts, read 80,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Oh God, why did I read this whole thread by a teenage stoner. All the while I'm shaking my head. Because is this what teenagers 'lifestyle' is nowadays?

If you like someone just text them. If they reply right away they are soooooo into you. If they don't reply within a day (gasp...!) then they are not into you.... OMG REALLLLLLLLY?

Also I feel really bad that smoking weed is just nonchalant these days, it's even legal in CO.

Oh well just feeling sad how our society is going down,, IN ALL ASPECTS.

Glad I lived in the 80s on my teens when everything is simple, and innocent. And have to physically go out of the house if I want to have fun.

Unlike now where fun for teens is just stay inside to play their game consoles or tablet or smart phones while smoking weed..... ugh.
ive traveled to five states in three months. You know nothing about me. Sitting inside is something I dont do often.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:17 PM

479 posts, read 432,750 times
I admit. I like the OP. A sensible man... thoughtful... a little too thoughtful, perhaps... internally.
What do you want? Do you want to see this person again? Do you like her? Obviously you do since your obsessing a bit over her. I mean that nicely, in a nice way. Not being a smart alec, here. First off, I am old as some dirt myself, and I text, too. But I don't text for important stuff. Relationship issues, questions, take offs, endings... all that stuff is fraught with sorrow by text message. It can't convey emotions, intent, subtext... very well, if at all. Having said that, I also see nothing wrong with you sending her a text ... maybe to invite her to talk... to coffee or whatever. Or call her. She gave you her number, right? Or... yeah... stop by her work... drop in for a bite in her section maybe...
The only thing you know about how this girl feels about you is what you THINK you know based on very limited contact, some of it text messaging. If you really want to figure it out, find out where she's at with you... ask her, dude. Bite the bullet and talk to her. What's the worst that could happen? She says "Expletive you"? Well, then at least you'll know where you stand. Right?
You seem like a nice guy, open-minded... genuine... Don't be so hard on yourself... I think you might be over thinking things a bit.
If you really like this person... check it out. Ask her out on date, or whatever it's called these days. Go see a show or something...
And, Good for you and your relationship with weed... 'Don't smoke, but hey, that's just me. Go on ahead.' The only thing wrong with pot is that it's is considered a drug in the same category as speed, heroin and cocaine. Also, I must note, that although this post is partially about a maybe stoner... maybe a teenager... young adult, for sure... who smokes pot... yes, but this thread is from a non stoner... our thread-starter here, doesn't partake in the religion of Ganja... hence, he is NOT a stoner.
Go for it dude... don't doubt yourself? If you feel you came on too strong... tell her that. See what she says. You could be reading way more into her actions, or inactions, than is there.
Good wishes to you.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:33 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,580,378 times
My guess is she's probably being a little stand offish because you're not partaking in the weed. Perhaps she even thinks youre kind of 'square'. Smoking is as much a sharing and socializing moment and not just all about getting high.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:08 AM

83 posts, read 79,789 times
Quote OP "me: oh i feel ya. well im up here for the night and my brother got a decent amount of weed tonight if you need any"

i made the offer cuz i wanted to at least see her"

The bolded part, well all of it says it all. You offered, she accepted and it was all about the weed. Your motive was to see her, her's wasn't.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:39 PM

75 posts, read 80,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizdum View Post
Quote OP "me: oh i feel ya. well im up here for the night and my brother got a decent amount of weed tonight if you need any"

i made the offer cuz i wanted to at least see her"

The bolded part, well all of it says it all. You offered, she accepted and it was all about the weed. Your motive was to see her, her's wasn't.
Well see...this is where the problem starts exactly. She apparently gave me her number to chill some time. But when I hit her up she couldnt chill but had time to get weed. So i was playing extra defensive about things and tried to be a bit cold (but not in a mean way) because I thought "hey, maybe she doesnt give two ****s about me".

Did she really just care about the weed? As I reanalyze it most likely not. The timing was off. She had **** to do. I guess I just wish things would have gone different.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:47 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,897,818 times
OP, stop over thinking things here. if she is into you, she will contact you, so relax and be patient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships