Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 08:30 PM

75 posts, read 81,052 times

Advertisements

I'll try to keep it short and simple as best as I can.

I became friends with a group of people who I knew through other friends. One of these people was a girl who seemed to show interest in me from day one. She was taken, but over the few times we hung out over the summer I noticed things about her that gave me signs she was into me. nothing inappropriate happened, but the last time I noticed a girl acting the way she did, she ended up wanting to hook up with me. So I was fairly confident that I could get this girl if she was single.

Well...fast forward a few months. She apparently broke up with her boyfriend. Not only that, but she moved to a town where my brother goes to school 30 minutes away. I decided to hit her up on facebook. The jist of the convo consist of me hearing where she moved too and we should chill.

She replied with "most definetley! heres my number and hit me up when youre here ". She also told me to let her know if i know anyone with weed around her area. i dont smoke weed, but i knew where to get it there. Overall I was feeling pretty good about this. I was gonna come through, chill with my brother, invite her to chill and we could hang out. It seemed like it was falling into my lap perfectly.

Well I get to town around 7 pm and text her "yooooo its brad, whatcha doin?" she replies "might be napping cuz i have work at 12. haha dont judge!". I was a little disappointed to hear that, but i let her know my brother and his friends got a lot of weed a little while ago and if she needed any to lemme know. She said yeah and asked if she could see me before work. I agreed.

I went outside of my brothers place to meet her. We hugged, she asked me how I was doing etc etc. She said she works at the restaurant right in front of my bros place, and mentioned that i should stop through tonight if were not busy and said we definetly need to chill next time.

We ended up getting really trashed, and I felt like id come off as too...pushy...to just come to her restaurant. So we ended up going to the bars for a bit and going back to the house. She texted me at 4am saying thanks for helping her out. I said np im glad you can get high! and she replied "yepp gonna get stoned haha".

I passed out 15 minutes later. I woke up around 11 am and asked if she wanted to get something to eat. And I have yet to get a response. Seeing its been all day i doubt i will. And that moment is what disappointed me. I put myself out there, I was incredibly confident in the situation, more than ive been in many, and it was like...I was completely delusional. All the other times we saw each other seemed more...special. Like I could really feel a connection. But it didnt feel that way this time. I was completly curved by someone who i thought was at least a good friend.

I'm can list all the possible factors that could have caused this. I can list all the reasons as to why she didnt respond to me or things felt so cold. This was our first one on one interaction in all honesty. I mean...we have had one on one interaction, but it was always within group activities like music festivals. And although she gave me her number and said she was down to chill...the vibe didnt feel so welcoming when I was there. And I thought we were at least good enough friends for her to provide a response of some kind.

I guess when it comes down to it, I came on too strong, and clearly was more into her than she was me. I clearly miss read signs and actions that lead me to believe she had an attraction to me. I know this happens to everyone, but I really dislike dealing with this. Making myself vulnerable in this sense and being rejected is still an incredibly tough pill for me to swallow...I am trying not to dwell on this but it has put a damper on my mood...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 08:32 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,855,245 times
You sound young. I will tell you this - do not keep texting her, WAIT for her to reach out to you. If she already feels you're coming on too strong, reaching out to her is going to freak her out more and will ruin your chances of ever having anything with her.

Just relax. Don't get emotional or needy about this. You're the guy, and girls want guys to be tough.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
You sound young. I will tell you this - do not keep texting her, WAIT for her to reach out to you. If she already feels you're coming on too strong, reaching out to her is going to freak her out more and will ruin your chances of ever having anything with her.

Just relax. Don't get emotional or needy about this. You're the guy, and girls want guys to be tough.
You think this is repairable? I feel like I let it slip through my hands. I feel like a girl completely ignoring your advances is a sign that I should just give it up. No?

It isnt my intention to be negative, I am just being real.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:38 PM

I mean even on a friendship level thats kind of cold.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:39 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,855,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudsco View Post
You think this is repairable? I feel like I let it slip through my hands. I feel like a girl completely ignoring your advances is a sign that I should just give it up. No?

It isnt my intention to be negative, I am just being real.
I don't know if it's reparable at this point. But your job is to stop dwelling on this. You cannot control it - you can't control what she does or doesn't do, and like I said, any outreach on your part is going to push her away further.

Get your mind on something else. You will be better off for it.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:40 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,767,245 times
She'll hit you up next time she needs some weed.

She went in to work at midnight? What kind of place does she work at? Maybe she was sleeping all day after work.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post

She went in to work at midnight? What kind of place does she work at? Maybe she was sleeping all day after work.
she works the midnight shift at a restaurant in front of my brothers place. they actually are open til 3 or 4am. She probably was, but like my friend told me "if shes really into you she will be responding to you and trying to see you again very soon". and according to his logic, shes clearly not into me because she never responded. Its weird man, I really misread all of it. I dont understand how I was so off.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
Should I toss my self respect and drive out 30 minutes to help her get some weed?

Old 10-05-2014, 09:07 PM

In a weird way, this girl was kind of the last girl who I have developed legitimate feelings for in almost a year. Last time I was persuing a girl who I had feelings for, something similar happened to me. And I told myself I was going to be extra careful before I become vulnerable and put myself out there again.

I'm actually a pretty confident person all around. I have had two serious relationships (both unhealthy) and have been able to talk to, flirt, be friends with, and occasionally hook up with girls pretty easily as the years have gone by. But whenever there is a girl who Im nuts about it always goes overboard. Its like I cant control my thoughts and emotions. I constantly second guess everything I did, everything she did, everything that happened, etc etc. Its pretty ****ing ****ty man. Its why i avoid it so often. Lightly flirting is really the only thing I truly feel comfortable with.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:15 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,767,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudsco View Post
Should I toss my self respect and drive out 30 minutes to help her get some weed?
It's up to you.

See what happens over the next few days. See if she gets back to you.

Did she ask you why you didn't stop by her job when you told her you would?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships