Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 09:51 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,718,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous_U123456789 View Post
Is this true? I heard this before.

That typically, the hardest part for guys is getting the first date and the hardest part of girls is getting past the few dates?

Because usually girls often have plenty of dating options and as a result can afford to be more choosy with who they go on a first date on as opposed to guys.

And usually the guys who end up getting the date disappear after getting in their pants after a few dates. Girls are less likely to do this because they are more likely to want an actual romantic relationship as opposed to a lot of guys that just want to hit it and quit it.

Of course these are all just generalizations. I am a guy saving myself until marriage and I want nothing but a classic romantic relationship.
In the context of what I read from this board, and in my experience of myself 30 years ago, and in the experience of what I have seen my friends and daughters go through over several decades, I believe this is true and has been for some time.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 03:40 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,588,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ford38 View Post
Its hard for men to get a date period, I don't believe anything a women says so who knows but I could care less.
It's always a sell job on guys part to get a female interested enough to actually show up for a date at a later time. That's just the nature of it and part of the reason why they flake so much...guy simply wasn't convincing enough even if she found him mildly attractive or interesting. That just doesn't cut it. Rather infuriating sometimes, but it's generally your burden to make her curious and interested in you because she generally will not be if left to her own devices. I don't really like trying to sell people things because I don't like to be sold things myself, but you generally have to if you want to get anywhere with them.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:05 AM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:

That typically, the hardest part for guys is getting the first date and the hardest part of girls is getting past the few dates?

Because usually girls often have plenty of dating options and as a result can afford to be more choosy with who they go on a first date on as opposed to guys.

And usually the guys who end up getting the date disappear after getting in their pants after a few dates. Girls are less likely to do this because they are more likely to want an actual romantic relationship as opposed to a lot of guys that just want to hit it and quit it.

Of course these are all just generalizations. I am a guy saving myself until marriage and I want nothing but a classic romantic relationship.
Yes, it certainly is generalization, but to a certain degree, I believe it is true.

I know a lot of women who get emotionally attached very quickly. They put themselves in very vulnerable and risky position when it is absolutely unnecessary.

I am not a lesbian, I am not even a bisexual. I've talked to a woman in her mid 30s on another forum. She is an artist, I am an artist, so we became instant online friends. Five talks later, she sent me an email and said she developed meaningful feelings for me. She does this to a lot of women and men she met online. I don't judge her at all, but I think she is too clingy. She is an extreme example, but many women are emotional animals, that is why many of us "fall in love" with the person we have never met.

Men (well some) are more realistic.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:22 AM

103 posts, read 91,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
It's always a sell job on guys part to get a female interested enough to actually show up for a date at a later time. That's just the nature of it and part of the reason why they flake so much...guy simply wasn't convincing enough even if she found him mildly attractive or interesting. That just doesn't cut it. Rather infuriating sometimes, but it's generally your burden to make her curious and interested in you because she generally will not be if left to her own devices. I don't really like trying to sell people things because I don't like to be sold things myself, but you generally have to if you want to get anywhere with them.
Well im glad to not be apart of this nonsense.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:51 AM

5,323 posts, read 6,099,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Yes, it certainly is generalization, but to a certain degree, I believe it is true.

I know a lot of women who get emotionally attached very quickly. They put themselves in very vulnerable and risky position when it is absolutely unnecessary.

I am not a lesbian, I am not even a bisexual. I've talked to a woman in her mid 30s on another forum. She is an artist, I am an artist, so we became instant online friends. Five talks later, she sent me an email and said she developed meaningful feelings for me. She does this to a lot of women and men she met online. I don't judge her at all, but I think she is too clingy. She is an extreme example, but many women are emotional animals, that is why many of us "fall in love" with the person we have never met.

Men (well some) are more realistic.
I see that a lot with my good looking friend..He meets tons of women online who sleep with him right away and fall in love with him meanwhile. He feels nothing for these girls..

I think when a women goes out with a real good looking guy who might be out if her league she convinces herself that she's in love..

Old 11-02-2014, 12:00 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,413,204 times
Quote:

it's called weeding out..

Old 11-02-2014, 01:48 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post

Unfortunately, in modern dating dynamics, men are the sellers and women are the buyers. So we have to put in all of the work, unless the guy is a GQ model.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:06 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,393,865 times
I think women want to be asked on a date. Just look at "online dating sites".

Us men, we only wanna date "potential sex candidates" or "girlfriend material", and that's a mistake.

Date your "non sexual" female friends from time to time...that makes you more desirable. Remember when a woman sees a man "alone" she thinks there is something wrong with him, but when she sees him with other female, that makes her interested.

It has happened to me, quite a lot, when I'm in a relationship all my "female friends" even the ones who said "no" , when asked, start to send messages, asking if I'm still single.

Remember...the more you expose yourself as an "alpha male" (not GQ model, those are gay by the way LOL) the more females you get interested.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:09 PM

783 posts, read 849,409 times
There are two sayings I've heard across the internet and they basically both say the same thing.

Women are the gate keepers to sex, men are the gate keepers to relationships.

Women have sex if they want and marry when they can. Men have sex when they can and marry if they want.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:18 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,282,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
I think women want to be asked on a date. Just look at "online dating sites".

Us men, we only wanna date "potential sex candidates" or "girlfriend material", and that's a mistake.

Date your "non sexual" female friends from time to time...that makes you more desirable. Remember when a woman sees a man "alone" she thinks there is something wrong with him, but when she sees him with other female, that makes her interested.

It has happened to me, quite a lot, when I'm in a relationship all my "female friends" even the ones who said "no" , when asked, start to send messages, asking if I'm still single.

Remember...the more you expose yourself as an "alpha male" (not GQ model, those are gay by the way LOL) the more females you get interested.
There's a lot of truth to the bold statement. It also depends on how you view that woman you are out witih too. If I don't think she's even mildly attractive, there's a good chance I won't want to be scene out in public with her. I know it's shallow, but people around us don't see her personality; they only see her looks. Same can go for us men as well.

I have had FWBs that I never really wanted to been seen out in public with, because I just didn't want to put that vibe out there with them. At the same time, if a woman was to chat with me or me to chat with them, I suspect that my FWBs at the time would have gotten jealous. I would be the same way if I was attracted to someone more than they were to me. It's just the way life is from time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships