Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 08:08 AM

1,185 posts, read 805,065 times

Advertisements

The natural truth, most men think simple.

Most women do not think simple, they tend to overthink. Women generally are the ones that change their minds more often than men. They are more concerned about what their friends or others will look at them.

Oh I like this guy but he doesn't have a good job, a car. How will my family view me, how will my friends view me? How could I compete with my friends?

Men: I like her..end of story (for the most part)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 02:24 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post

Most women do not think simple, they tend to overthink. Women generally are the ones that change their minds more often than men. They are more concerned about what their friends or others will look at them.

Oh I like this guy but he doesn't have a good job, a car. How will my family view me, how will my friends view me? How could I compete with my friends?

Pretty much.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:46 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:

On average, I do have to agree with this.

Heck, one time a few months back, I had a female friend who's an absolute sweetheart ask me:

Her: Us women typically have way higher standards than men do, don't we?

Me: Uh, I would have to say yes to that.

She essentially laughed cause she knew it was true.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 02-12-2016 at 02:55 PM..

Old 02-12-2016, 03:02 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:

Oh, please! I don't know any women who think this way. My friends go with whatever guy pleases them, and don't give a thought to anyone else's opinion. Life would be way too complicated, otherwise. It's a good way to make bad choices, when you make them to please anyone else but yourself. Maybe back in the 40's/50's, or the stereotypical "gold digger", or maybe upper class women have those agendas, but I don't know any who do.

And don't be naive about guys going for trophy wives, or wives from a social stratum above them, to prove they've "made it", or trying to marry into money, or whatever. Picking gf's just so they can parade them around to their guy friends, then complaining that they're high-maintenance, blah blah.

These are not male or female characteristics. You'll find humans in all genders doing that, and you'll find many who don't engage in that kind of scheming and pettiness.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:58 AM

1,185 posts, read 805,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, please! I don't know any women who think this way. My friends go with whatever guy pleases them, and don't give a thought to anyone else's opinion. Life would be way too complicated, otherwise. It's a good way to make bad choices, when you make them to please anyone else but yourself. Maybe back in the 40's/50's, or the stereotypical "gold digger", or maybe upper class women have those agendas, but I don't know any who do.

And don't be naive about guys going for trophy wives, or wives from a social stratum above them, to prove they've "made it", or trying to marry into money, or whatever. Picking gf's just so they can parade them around to their guy friends, then complaining that they're high-maintenance, blah blah.

These are not male or female characteristics. You'll find humans in all genders doing that, and you'll find many who don't engage in that kind of scheming and pettiness.
I'm not naïve, it is a natural truth that women overthink everything (most do).

Of course there are men that go for the trophy wives but they are not in the number. They for the most part could care less what their family think.

I speak from experience. The gold digger is very much alive both in the average working class and the high maintenance women. Women in general (not all) but many love to compete with their friends and really overthink what their surroundings would think of their b/f.

Ask around.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:18 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
If you flip that around, you could say that most men underthink everything. That's not very flattering.

Quote:
Of course there are men that go for the trophy wives but they are not in the number. They for the most part could care less what their family think.
Uh huh. That's why there are sayings like:
Lady in the streets, freak in the sheets.
Someone you'd bring home to Mom.
Fat girls are like mopeds, fun to ride but don't let your friends see you.
Beer goggles/butterface/just put a paper bag on her/everyone's beautiful in the dark
She was a 10 at 2 and a 2 at 10.
Etc.

Both men and women seek social and familial approval for their choices.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:44 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
While it's true that men and woman often consider status when seeking a partner, it may not be shallow after all. I am seeking a longterm partner and one of the characteristics I look for is how well this man will fit in with my family. Fortunately for my potential man I don't have a lot of family left but if I think my girls will hate him or my brother will sneer at him then I may think twice. Of course my opinion counts far more than theirs, but it would be silly for me to ignore their opinions.

Old 02-15-2016, 10:53 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:

Can't ignore that a trophy wife wouldn't want to be with a guy who is broke. They normally accept being taken out by guys who have at least a stable economy.

Quote:
I speak from experience. The gold digger is very much alive both in the average working class and the high maintenance women. Women in general (not all) but many love to compete with their friends and really overthink what their surroundings would think of their b/f.

Ask around.
Remember, this is the forum of exceptions where men do not care about sex and a woman's looks and women do not care about a guy's economic status, job, or what car he drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Uh huh. That's why there are sayings like:
Lady in the streets, freak in the sheets.
Someone you'd bring home to Mom.
Fat girls are like mopeds, fun to ride but don't let your friends see you.
Beer goggles/butterface/just put a paper bag on her/everyone's beautiful in the dark
She was a 10 at 2 and a 2 at 10.
Etc.

Both men and women seek social and familial approval for their choices.

Well said. Men and women place importance on certain characteristics more than the other gender. Men might place importance on a woman's appearance and the things you mentioned while women may pay attention to a man's economic status, his job, the car he drives, and so on. Sure there are exceptions out there of course.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:25 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Many men have trouble getting a woman period; women can get laid and gets dates easily (don't say they can't because they can). Pretty much how dating works.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:27 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:

I agree with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships