Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had more money and status do you feel like your luck with women would change?
Yes 31 55.36%
No 5 8.93%
No difference 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 07:24 AM

295 posts, read 308,699 times

Advertisements

I'm so tired of this men have to be rich and women just need to look good-fairytale when it comes to dating.

I know a 36-year-old guy who is unemployed and broke, has a ****ty personality but is extremely good looking. Women are literally hitting on him wherever he goes and every month he has a new gf (who does not stay long bc of his personality).

Then I know a 82-year-old granny, who is pretty rich. She has a lot of young dudes around her, who do things for her and some guys also hit on her, saying they want to be in a relationship with her,... guys who are 30 to 40 years younger!

I guess, men and women are not that different!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 07:31 AM

6,227 posts, read 6,951,769 times
There are all sorts of different types of relationships. Some are based on "true love", others are based upon money or material things. You can be ugly, have a lousy personality, but if you have a lot of money you can still surround yourself with a circle of beautiful women that you can have on call.

But honestly people who have money are usually well rounded people with excellent personalities that allow them to mingle and network in the world. Raw talent is one thing but it's more important to be able to sell yourself well.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:35 AM

545 posts, read 635,510 times
It certainly helps to be able to go out, do whatever you want as if it's free, then come back to an incredible condo in the city.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:59 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,942,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Exactly. And Hugh Hefner has to deal with the fact that these women are just using him for his money. If that's the kind of relationship you want, I say go for it. It's not appealing to me at all.
Somehow, I don't think Hugh cares.

Don

Old 10-10-2014, 08:02 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,218,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Somehow, I don't think Hugh cares.

Don
Let's keep in mind that Hugh is an exception, too. The vast majority of relationships in this country are clearly not based on financial wealth, given that average incomes come no where close to Hugh Hefner money.

I am curious how many of the "men" on here have actually been with women or in a romantic relationship before. I did some due diligence by looking at some post history, and the common theme I've seen is men who severely struggle with the opposite sex. It doesn't appear to be temporary struggles either, but rather an everlasting battle that they have been fighting for years (maybe their entire lives). Is this just another delusion in their minds as to what works and what doesn't? It certainly makes me wonder.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:08 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,269,545 times
I'd need enough money to put a smile on the person I love. That's all I ever need for satisfaction. Right now, I don't have that.

My vision of love is "If she's happy, I'm happy. If she feels hurt, then I do to".

Old 10-10-2014, 08:22 AM

18 posts, read 14,128 times
I do not think luck will change much but I'm speaking for myself. If you start spending money perhaps it will, but do you really want to attract the kind of woman who are attracted to you spending cash?

Old 10-10-2014, 08:25 AM

615 posts, read 728,561 times
Quote:
Let's keep in mind that Hugh is an exception, too. The vast majority of relationships in this country are clearly not based on financial wealth, given that average incomes come no where close to Hugh Hefner money.
Yea, but a great deal of relationships are based partly on wealth. A lot of women married to a guy who makes a good ammount of money are attracted to his money in addition to his looks, personality and whatever else. Money is a relevant factor and in many cases it will be the reason a woman chooses Guy A over Guy B.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:27 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,218,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Yea, but a great deal of relationships are based partly on wealth. A lot of women married to a guy who makes a good ammount of money are attracted to his money in addition to his looks, personality and whatever else. Money is a relevant factor and in many cases it will be the reason a woman chooses Guy A over Guy B.
How would you even know this? I looked at your post history and you seem to have zero luck with the ladies based on your threads. So I'm just wondering what's the basis for your argument? It's clearly not personal experience.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:30 AM

18 posts, read 14,128 times
Quote:
How would you even know this? I looked at your post history and you seem to have zero luck with the ladies based on your threads. So I'm just wondering what's the basis for your argument?
This is true, maybe because I'm in NYC...my observation may be bias. Most women that I come across want "financial security" when they seek a partner. Do I agree with it? absolutely not. I see it as gold-digging and wanting to be free of adult responsibilities. But this is how it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships