Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had more money and status do you feel like your luck with women would change?
Yes 31 55.36%
No 5 8.93%
No difference 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 11:00 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
If you had a better job, more prestigious title, better car or house etc. do you feel like it would positively effect your dating life? Before people get bent out of shape, this is not a gold digger thread. This is a male perception thread on whether men thinks it makes a difference or not.

When it comes down to it a lot of male behavior all revolves around finding the best mate we can get.

This video was from the Dr. Phil show and I thought it was pretty interesting as well. Ignore the title of the video please I can't change that, don't want to start a flame war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwOlhnWNxnk
To be honest, if I had a higher paying job, I would probably have more time for women. As they say, time is money. Otherwise, I don't my luck changing too much with women. I am already doing quite well with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 11:46 AM

432 posts, read 361,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
If you had a better job, more prestigious title, better car or house etc. do you feel like it would positively effect your dating life? Before people get bent out of shape, this is not a gold digger thread. This is a male perception thread on whether men thinks it makes a difference or not.

When it comes down to it a lot of male behavior all revolves around finding the best mate we can get.

This video was from the Dr. Phil show and I thought it was pretty interesting as well. Ignore the title of the video please I can't change that, don't want to start a flame war.

/URL]
Men value love while women love value.

This "value" doesn't necessarily mean money.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:50 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
I don't get how people develop these deep complexes over contingencies.. "If I am, then.." "If then" "If then." It's like a workout routine!! If then, repeat. If then, repeat.

Jesus Cristos!!!!

You're good enough as is? Can't you first accept that? And, maybe your luck will finally change??

All these "if thens" really are self-limiting and illogical. Confidence: Embrace who you are and don't ask for forgiveness for being YOU!

Old 10-10-2014, 11:54 AM

18 posts, read 14,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayzer View Post
Men value love while women love value.

This "value" doesn't necessarily mean money.
What kind of "value" are you referring to?

Old 10-10-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkraut View Post
What kind of "value" are you referring to?
Inner game such as confidence in all, if not most, areas of life.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:09 PM

103 posts, read 91,646 times
Quote:
This sounds like a sure way to go crazy. Men who have trouble with dating should just do what they like and not worry about it too much. If you get to my age with no luck according to women on here there will be women who aren't attracted to you but will still date you because they are desperate but I wouldn't accept that.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ford38 View Post
This sounds like a sure way to go crazy. Men who have trouble with dating should just do what they like and not worry about it too much. If you get to my age with no luck according to women on here there will be women who aren't attracted to you but will still date you because they are desperate but I wouldn't accept that.
"Do what they like" as in hobbies and passions? I agree, that will equate to inner confidence as you're doing what you enjoy in life- a.k.a a step on succeeding in your own happiness. But "do what you like" in the sense of dating will most likely go two ways, you randomly doing something right or wrong. So why not learn what's right and wrong?

The "desperate" people will be easy to spot and should be avoided, male or female. Desperation is a sign of co-dependence, meaning they don't even like themselves.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:39 PM

103 posts, read 91,646 times
Quote:
"Do what they like" as in hobbies and passions? I agree, that will equate to inner confidence as you're doing what you enjoy in life- a.k.a a step on succeeding in your own happiness. But "do what you like" in the sense of dating will most likely go two ways, you randomly doing something right or wrong. So why not learn what's right and wrong?

The "desperate" people will be easy to spot and should be avoided, male or female. Desperation is a sign of co-dependence, meaning they don't even like themselves.
I always heard that there were no rules to dating so how could a person be right or wrong?

Old 10-10-2014, 12:40 PM

18 posts, read 14,081 times
Quote:
That's true, women love a man with confidence.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:48 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
Yes and only because i would be out of the house more, out and about spending thereby coming into more opportunities. Otherwise it's not neccessary, I've secured romantic interests flat broke as well as fat wallet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships