Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had more money and status do you feel like your luck with women would change?
Yes 31 55.36%
No 5 8.93%
No difference 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 10:05 AM

39,253 posts, read 27,650,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkraut View Post
C and complains why isn't he taking her out more, why isn't he taking her on vacations more, why is there a limit to how much he's willing to spend on her.

I told him to ditch her pronto, and it's crazy because on the onset, she doesn't seem that way.
I would tell him to have a conversation with her. Ask her exactly why she seemed to have doubts about this relationship. After all, she is the one who doesn't want to marry to him, no? So his six figure income obviously is not that attractive in her eyes.

I know this is a hard pill to swallow for a lot of men here, but bolded perhaps just show that she wants a little bit more attention from him. She perhaps just wants to spend more time with him. Not necessarily means she wants more money.

Here in California, there are a lot of men and women my age (late 20s to early 30s) make six figure income, many of them (us) struggle with relationship issues just like everybody else does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 10:06 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,212,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I used to work in a real estate office. Sometimes people in beat up cars, greasy hair, unkempt and nasty looking came in and the realtors were all over them. When they left, I said "So why did you show this guy million dollar houses if he can't even afford a nice car?" They picked up on little signs, gestures, socks, watches, the way they talked, that these people actually did have the money to buy expensive houses.

And then there were the guys who showed up with fancy clothes and fancy cars and acted all rich and the realtors later on said that they were most likely just pretending. And they were right, they never bought a house. They just liked looking at houses they can never afford and spend their weekends like that.

I had no clue, I was just believing what I was meant to believe.
When I was a mortgage broker, it was a let down to see someone drive up in a newer expensive car to an appointment, because I knew (more often than not, but not always) they had a loan on that car, and the car loan would kill the debt ratios and they would not qualify for a mortgage.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:14 AM

103 posts, read 91,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Okay. Well you aspire to be rich and then let us know if that improves your dating prospects.

I'm 29, and by no means rich in the traditional sense, and I've had plenty of action/relationships/dates/you name it. I'm also not a deadbeat, I'm well-rounded, and I have confidence in myself. Based on actual experience with women, I'd say that goes a lot further than what you're saying (which is based on what? speculation?).
Well I base it off the fact that I started trying to date at 16 up until 22 with no success after that I focused on school. Im 38 now and between that time no women approached me or tried to strike up a conversation until I got a nice car. I know this is hard for some of you to hear but it happens more often then you think and its pretty pathetic.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:17 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ford38 View Post
Well I base it off the fact that I started trying to date at 16 up until 22 with no success after that I focused on school. Im 38 now and between that time no women approached me or tried to strike up a conversation until I got a nice car. I know this is hard for some of you to hear but it happens more often then you think and its pretty pathetic.
So you are nothing without your car? That's good to know.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:25 AM

103 posts, read 91,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
So you are nothing without your car? That's good to know.
No but thats something you should take up with the women because they didn't notice me until I got it but I wouldn't change anything because my success in my field has been way more rewarding than trying to get a relationship with a women ever was.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:28 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,444,246 times
Quote:
No but thats something you should take up with the women because they didn't notice me until I got it but I wouldn't change anything because my success in my field has been way more rewarding than trying to get a relationship with a women ever was.
All that really says is that you're not all that noticeable or attractive in day-to-day life. Unless she sees you in a parking lot standing next to your car, the vast majority of the times that you'll be around a woman, she'll have no idea what kind of car you drive. If you're making no impression on the women you see all around you every day outside of your car, that's on you.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:29 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,213,219 times
Quote:
Maybe it was your winning personality that repelled them. And now perhaps they just like to be seen next to or inside your car and can deal with the personality as form of compensation.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:31 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,381,226 times
I think this thread title says it all.

"Would your luck with woman change"

It isn't "luck". It is what you make of it.

When people start realizing that, they will start doing a lot better. They think it's so many other things (which are actually things they can change themselves)

Old 10-10-2014, 10:32 AM

39,253 posts, read 27,650,711 times
Quote:
Are you sure she talked to you because you got a nice car? I talked a guy because of his car sticker. He had a jump wing and a dive wing sticker that means that he was a Force Recon special force Marine just like my brother. That is why I talked to him. He drove a BMW Z3 and I am pretty sure he thought I talked to him because of his car. We are now good friends because that is all I wanted. He now is fully convinced that I talked to him because of his car sticker. He thought I was a gold digger for the LONGEST time.

Maybe she was actively looking for a boyfriend at the time, and you seem cute. So she started a conversation. Your car had nothing to do with it.

If a man drives a bristol fighter t, then I would definitely ask him "hey where you got that baby?" But that is about it.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:33 AM

11,811 posts, read 12,051,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I think this thread title says it all.

"Would your luck with woman change"

It isn't "luck". It is what you make of it.

When people start realizing that, they will start doing a lot better. They think it's so many other things (which are actually things they can change themselves)
So true. And that the focus is on thinking they need to acquire material things to magically change their lives, when most of the time, it's their character and personality that is limiting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships