Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had more money and status do you feel like your luck with women would change?
Yes 31 55.36%
No 5 8.93%
No difference 20 35.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 11:11 PM

39,412 posts, read 27,784,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Exactly. And a well-to-do guy has the ability to make you feel that way. You can more easily be your most beautiful because you'll have the time and money to go to the spa, buy expensive clothes, eat salads for every meal, etc.
no, this is not what I meant.

For example, I remember one time I was sick, my then boyfriend held my long hair back so I could vomit into the toilet. I felt beautiful when I knew I was not. That makes me cry. Little things like these make women falling in love, honestly.

Some men just have the ability to make women feel beautiful even when she felt less than perfect.

Here in OC, many women go to spa treatment on daily basis, I don't think they really feel beautiful and I don't think their men really make them feel beautiful either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 11:17 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,212,111 times
i have money and status and I still don't have any luck.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:20 PM

814 posts, read 763,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Their wives couldn't get a rich guy. That's the explanation.

I don't think every woman prioritizes money, but those who are attractive enough to have the option of dating rich guys usually end up doing so. Visit any welathy neighborhood and you'll see that the wives living in it are HOT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
This is nothing but chest-beating and hubris. Though I won't argue against the concept that most women don't want a deadbeat for a SO, what's all this gobbledygook that all women have a requirement to be with a man that's well-off? That's BS, and if you take a look at US Census Bureau data, you would understand why. The median individual income in this country is around $40k/yr +/- a few grand. Median household income is around $50k. Given your argument, the vast majority of men and women would not be married because of a woman's "requirement" that he be well-to-do, making $120k/yr and driving a BMW around town.
They do the best they can. Did you not get it when he explained it to you here? Not everybody can have the best, but the women who can will take it.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:23 PM

3,748 posts, read 4,987,592 times
Yes because I could afford to take them on dates, if nothing else, lol. Plus I could afford to buy nicer clothes, get my hair cut more often and maybe even hire a personal trainer to lose weight and get buff lol.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
i have money and status and I still don't have any luck.
You need to work on your looks and personality. Yes you can make yourself more physically attractive. Yes personality matters.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:46 PM

52,418 posts, read 52,947,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
You need to work on your looks and personality. Yes you can make yourself more physically attractive. Yes personality matters.

Personality matters a lot.... big time...

Old 10-09-2014, 11:53 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,217,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
They do the best they can. Did you not get it when he explained it to you here? Not everybody can have the best, but the women who can will take it.
Yeah, I get it, and people do tend to strive for the best they can get. But doing the best they can isn't on a sliding scale from $ to $$$. It's about finding what makes them happy. For some people, that's money. For others, it's a whole list of other factors. For instance, there is this girl I know. She comes from a very well-to-do Jewish family who has a pretty big presence in the area I live in now. She probably could have had just about any successful guy in town solely due to her family's status and wealth. But guess what? She wanted to be with little 'ol me from the wrong side of the tracks. I came from nothing. I make good money now, but I'm not what I'd consider wealthy. Why would she come after me when she would, according to you, go for the best that she could get? Apparently she liked me for my other endearing qualities though. It most certainly was not my check book.

Your attitude kind of reminds me of my friends back in my blue-collar hometown. It's that hood-rich mentality you're subscribing to (I bet you listen to a lot of hip hop, right? don't worry; I do, too ). Like my friends, you seem to be stuck on the idea that material wealth and status symbols define you as a person. To give you a better idea of what I mean, I have friends back home driving around $40k leased cars when they're only making no more than $35k/yr and they live at home or with roommates. They have the same mentality that this is what's going to bring in the ladies (or the guys), and yet, most of them are still single. I'll tell you what, I bet it has to do with the fact that they're immature, take little responsibility, and have narcissistic, arrogant personalities.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,961,667 times
having a lot of money, and/or a prestigious job would make no changes in my dating luck, because i dont believe that luck plays a factor in dating, skill does. come on guys, hone your game, and get out there and get the women that are out there looking for you right now.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:01 AM

52,418 posts, read 52,947,427 times
I wonder how often the ladies get the predatory vibe from men... I know I read this thread and I'm getting it... and trust me... I'm not the smartest man I've ever known.... LOL...

Old 10-10-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Yeah, I get it, and people do tend to strive for the best they can get. But doing the best they can isn't on a sliding scale from $ to $$$. It's about finding what makes them happy. For some people, that's money. For others, it's a whole list of other factors. For instance, there is this girl I know. She comes from a very well-to-do Jewish family who has a pretty big presence in the area I live in now. She probably could have had just about any successful guy in town solely due to her family's status and wealth. But guess what? She wanted to be with little 'ol me from the wrong side of the tracks. I came from nothing. I make good money now, but I'm not what I'd consider wealthy. Why would she come after me when she would, according to you, go for the best that she could get? Apparently she liked me for my other endearing qualities though. It most certainly was not my check book.

Your attitude kind of reminds me of my friends back in my blue-collar hometown. It's that hood-rich mentality you're subscribing to (I bet you listen to a lot of hip hop, right? don't worry; I do, too ). Like my friends, you seem to be stuck on the idea that material wealth and status symbols define you as a person. To give you a better idea of what I mean, I have friends back home driving around $40k leased cars when they're only making no more than $35k/yr and they live at home or with roommates. They have the same mentality that this is what's going to bring in the ladies (or the guys), and yet, most of them are still single.
oh man never mind, it'll take all night to try and explain this to you and even then you probably won't get or realize it's a generalization and true for the most part.. I'm going to sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships