Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 07:36 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
But you're shy, right? If I remember correctly. So you might not think you're acting cold, but your aloofness may come across as coldness to a woman.
Wow, never thought of it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 07:43 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Quote:
How old are you?
Old enough.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:01 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Most guys don't start off like this, it is usually only after a lot of rejection that men start behaving this way. I know I was putting myself out there all the time from like 18-21 and could barely get laid with the women I was interested in. Then it was very clear there was a such thing as leagues because once I lowered my standards I finally started getting some action. So after that I would only pay attention to women that I knew would be interested, why should a guy spend time on a women when he knows the odds are extremely low that she will be interested.

I would say that after age 21 or 22 women have to start putting themselves out there if they are interested in a guy because guys have already developed battle scars and they are going to be more careful about who they approach. Unless they are mr GQ and have never had to deal with tons of rejection.
+1

Completely agree. Women will generally have sex readily with Mr. GQ, but will make the average guy wait and use him as a provider. So they experience rejection constantly along the way. Many men respond by waiting until a woman displays significant interest before making a move. Completely understandable.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
+1

Completely agree. Women will generally have sex readily with Mr. GQ, but will make the average guy wait and use him as a provider. So they experience rejection constantly along the way. Many men respond by waiting until a woman displays significant interest before making a move. Completely understandable.
This is what I will do. I don't approach any woman unless she shows some interest first. The wait might be long, but I'm not approaching blind anymore.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:07 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
...The shy or low-self-esteem guys do this.

No, you are wrong. The guys who have always been shot down and never knew love, not even a friggin taste of love do this!

Old 10-18-2014, 08:07 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
This is what I will do. I don't approach any woman unless she shows some interest first. The wait might be long, but I'm not approaching blind anymore.
Yeah it's a waste of time.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:19 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
There have been a good amount of guys in my life who have told me after the fact that they had had a crush on me for a long time. I never knew this and would never have guessed it, because they acted so cold towards me, aloof, to the point where I felt like they wanted nothing to do with me. I felt insignificant to them.

They said they acted that way because they didn't think I would go for them and they didn't want to put themselves out there to be shot down. But the truth is, had they just told me, it would have been a different story. Instead they acted like they didn't care if I existed.

Why do some guys do this? Are they that afraid of rejection that they'd rather hide their true feelings no matter what?
And if they expressed an interest in you, asked you your name for example, what would your different story have been? You want the shy guy to make the move on you knowing that introverts are by nature shy and not outgoing which makes it exceptionally hard to make an initiative move like this.

It’s like you already know that a car cannot fly yet you expect it to somehow magically lift off the ground 20 feet and then act disappointed that it didn’t perform according to your rules, stipulations and guidelines of engagement. Do you really want to be approached or do you enjoy being worshipped from afar better instead? How do you let the shy guy know the former when you behave always the latter?

Old 10-18-2014, 08:20 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Yeah it's a waste of time.
I would not quite agree, if you have your league dialed in you can cold approach without worrying about rejection. I don't know what the OP looks like, but if she is hot and she wants anyone other than another hot guy she will have to make the first move and not just a little flirting or subtle hints but flat out saying she is sexually interested because it is not normal for a woman who is a 7-9 to want a guy who is a 5 or a 6.

If I were single I would have no issues asking out a woman who was a 5, maybe a 6 max. The 7's and up were the ones to reject me so I would not spend any time on them. I would rather have a 5 who is excited to put her lips around me than a 7 I have to chase for months only to find out she is not comfortable anymore or she just wanted a "friend" without benefits.

I think guys sell themselves short when they don't approach anyone, just learn who will be receptive to YOU.

I can almost guarenttee the OP is a fairly good looking woman who is tired of being pumped and dumped by mr GQ. The OP is going to have to blatantly ask out guys she is interested in and make it painfully clear she is SEXUALLY interested not just looking for an emotional tampon.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:24 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
No, you are wrong. The guys who have always been shot down and never knew love, not even a friggin taste of love do this!
It starts at too young an age for it to be that. Maybe that's the reason some guys at later ages do that, but if some dudes in their teens do it, it's just plain shyness or awkwardness, or poor self-esteem.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:29 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I would not quite agree, if you have your league dialed in you can cold approach without worrying about rejection. I don't know what the OP looks like, but if she is hot and she wants anyone other than another hot guy she will have to make the first move and not just a little flirting or subtle hints but flat out saying she is sexually interested because it is not normal for a woman who is a 7-9 to want a guy who is a 5 or a 6.

If I were single I would have no issues asking out a woman who was a 5, maybe a 6 max. The 7's and up were the ones to reject me so I would not spend any time on them. I would rather have a 5 who is excited to put her lips around me than a 7 I have to chase for months only to find out she is not comfortable anymore or she just wanted a "friend" without benefits.

I think guys sell themselves short when they don't approach anyone, just learn who will be receptive to YOU.

I can almost guarenttee the OP is a fairly good looking woman who is tired of being pumped and dumped by mr GQ. The OP is going to have to blatantly ask out guys she is interested in and make it painfully clear she is SEXUALLY interested not just looking for an emotional tampon.
There are far too many gross phrases in this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships