Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 10:55 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmantra View Post
For the libido issue she has been to the doctor, they did some bloodwork and found a vitamin b12 deficiency and abnormality with her in genetics in her blood that she has to see a hematologist for. She also has multiple sclerosis, she thinks it's either the MS itself or side effects from the cocktail of meds she is on.
B12 deficiency will make you tired, not necessarily low in libido.

MS can be a royal PITA to deal with. I know two women who have MS and between the drugs and the condition itself, there are times when no, they just can't be arsed. But it doesn't completely keep them from getting busy. They just have ups and downs with it depending on if they are experiencing symptoms.

Multiple Sclerosis, Sex, and Intimacy: Sex Drive Issues and More

As for MS being fatal, it may lead to a premature death if they develop complications as YaFace's ex did, but the women I know are in their late 40s and one of them is still going exceptionally strong, good marriage, plenty o' nookie when she's up to it, very involved in her son's high school years. A lot of people seem to have this notion that people with MS all die by 35 and that is not the case. People with MS have the same life expectancy as everyone else.

MS Prognosis and Life Expectancy: What You Need to Know

As for the rest, it does sound like a lot to deal with. Is your GF at least making an attempt to please you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 11:00 AM

323 posts, read 308,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I stopped reading at 6 months and no sex yet. Honestly, I'd cut your losses, does not seem like a salvageable situation.
This.

Its not going to get any better. She's getting what she wants without living up to her half of the bargain. Next her and enjoy being single. It only sucks if you're still stuck on living your life according to the script someone else wrote, doing things like basing your value on whether you're getting validation from females. Discard that bulldrek and live in a manner that brings you happiness.

One more thing:

No libido/no desire/"Just not interested in sex" is an unfinished sentence. She's leaving off the last part, which is "with you" or some variation. "Just not interested in sex....WITH YOU."

Been there before. Don't buy that BS. Cuz I guarantee she might not be interested in sex WITH YOU, but she's certainly interested in what she can get from you. Attention, support, free babysitter, cash.

Don't be that chump. Move on and enjoy life.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:04 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
This.

Its not going to get any better. She's getting what she wants without living up to her half of the bargain. Next her and enjoy being single. It only sucks if you're still stuck on living your life according to the script someone else wrote, doing things like basing your value on whether you're getting validation from females. Discard that bulldrek and live in a manner that brings you happiness.

One more thing:

No libido/no desire/"Just not interested in sex" is an unfinished sentence. She's leaving off the last part, which is "with you" or some variation. "Just not interested in sex....WITH YOU."

Been there before. Don't buy that BS. Cuz I guarantee she might not be interested in sex WITH YOU, but she's certainly interested in what she can get from you. Attention, support, free babysitter, cash.

I'm assuming that with such great and vast compassion, you have never been a caregiver to anyone with special needs. Let's hope you never have to deal with a disease like MS, either.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:43 PM

125 posts, read 282,347 times
Quote:
This.

One more thing:

Sorry you've had a negative experience with women, but if she was uninterested in having sex with me, why would she be going to the doctor to try to figure out the issue? She wouldn't be with me as long as she has if she wasn't truly into me. She would not kiss me the way she does if I was so repulsive as to not have sex with me.

Plus dumping her would not only break my heart, but hers and her son's..

Quote:
As for the rest, it does sound like a lot to deal with. Is your GF at least making an attempt to please you?
No, and part of that may be my fault. There is the whole lack of privacy issue combined with me not really pushing for it due to my own low sex drive. (antidepressants will do that to you)

Perhaps this is why I have been able to hang in there as long as I have due to my own low sex drive, sex doesn't seem to be that much of a priority.

We also talked about it again last night (she brought it up), I told her once again how I can't help but feel that it is just me she doesn't want to have sex with, she reassured me again that it isn't the case. She also communicated to me what kind of positions are good for her considering her MS.

She says she is frustrated because she wants to please me but she can't.

Another thing, when she went to get her blood work to see what is going on with her libido, the hematologist that she was referred to works at a Cancer Center.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:55 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Hematology and oncology are often connected practices, and many hematologists work for cancer centers. I have had to see a hematologist/oncologist for conditions relating to aggressive types of anemia resistant to iron supplementation. I've never had cancer. Don't flip out that that's where the hematologist works. Has she been told that there is a cancer concern?

Old 12-07-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Sorry you've had a negative experience with women, but if she was uninterested in having sex with me, why would she be going to the doctor to try to figure out the issue? She wouldn't be with me as long as she has if she wasn't truly into me. She would not kiss me the way she does if I was so repulsive as to not have sex with me.
I don't know, why did my ex do the same thing? "Trying to figure the issue out" is a good way to distract you, make you think something other than what's actually going on.

And if you think she wouldn't be with you if she wasn't into you...well, all I can do is SMH.

Quote:
Plus dumping her would not only break my heart, but hers and her son's..
Yours is the only part of that sentence that matters. The rest of it falls in the category of "Not Your Problem".

You are responsible for YOUR happiness and enjoyment, no one else's. If you're not getting what you need from any given situation, you should get out of said situation. Regardless of the effect it has on anyone else. You are responsible for you, they are responsible for them.

Don't live YOUR life for other people's convenience.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I don't know, why did my ex do the same thing? "Trying to figure the issue out" is a good way to distract you, make you think something other than what's actually going on.
Did your ex have a chronic medical condition that could interfere with sex? She sounds like a crappy person to play you like that, it doesn't mean my girl is doing the same thing, each person is different. BTW, how did you two split up?

If my girl was really leading me on, why would she attend family functions with me and why is she both making me a gift and buying me a gift for christmas?

People who are using others don't attend family holidays with you or make a gift for you unless they are particularly sociopathic, which I can assure she is not.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Did your ex have a chronic medical condition that could interfere with sex?
Other than dryness?

Quote:
She sounds like a crappy person to play you like that, it doesn't mean my girl is doing the same thing, each person is different.
Since that's what you want to see and believe, that's what you're going to see and believe. For YOUR sake, I hope you're right. But I very much doubt it.

Quote:
BTW, how did you two split up?
I showed her the door. I wasn't interested in a wife that was actually just a roommate that had access to my checking account. The no sex thing was just one of the reasons. Always being off partying with her friends (and, as I later found out, during the divorce when he called my lawyer and offered to testify in court on MY behalf, the drug dealer that was nailing her) was the big one.

Quote:
If my girl was really leading me on, why would she attend family functions with me and why is she both making me a gift and buying me a gift for christmas?

People who are using others don't attend family holidays with you or make a gift for you unless they are particularly sociopathic, which I can assure she is not.
Confidence trick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All that stuff is an example of what I've heard referred to as "the long con". Meaning it takes longer (more investment of time and energy) to get the payout, but the payout is also bigger than the short con.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:40 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Quote:
I don't know, why did my ex do the same thing?
Wow, your ex had multiple sclerosis and was the primary/sole caregiver of a disabled child and disabled sibling, too?

The OP hasn't shared anything so far that makes me think he's being conned by anybody. It does sound like he's with somebody with a whole bunch of personal complications, illness-related and otherwise, any one of which alone would likely lead to limited levels of sexual intimacy. It doesn't seem like a great situation, but not because it seems like she's scamming him or anything.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I showed her the door. I wasn't interested in a wife that was actually just a roommate that had access to my checking account. The no sex thing was just one of the reasons. Always being off partying with her friends (and, as I later found out, during the divorce when he called my lawyer and offered to testify in court on MY behalf, the drug dealer that was nailing her) was the big one.
How long did you guys date before you married? You didn't see any of this partying behavior before you married? Good thing you got rid of her though.

My girl doesn't have the time or energy to party considering she has a chronic illness plus a special needs son and a special needs brother to take care of.

Quote:
Confidence trick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All that stuff is an example of what I've heard referred to as "the long con". Meaning it takes longer (more investment of time and energy) to get the payout, but the payout is also bigger than the short con.
Oh wow, you actually believe that my gf is some kind of con artist? I like to consider myself a good judge of character, and if I saw any indication that she is that type of person i wouldn't even be friends with her let alone date her! I've known her for quite a while (over a year)

I am sorry your wife treated you so badly but just because she did that to you doesn't mean that's whats going on with my girl.

BTW, if you weren't getting any sex from your wife, why did you marry her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships