Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 09:19 AM

132 posts, read 181,600 times

Advertisements

No Hive, I'm saying not every female changes there COver photo daily or has 1000000 selfies. Stay clear of the ones who do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 09:20 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
So you're suggesting that men go go gay?

Old 01-05-2015, 09:38 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Some people just don't "do" Facebook. Some people "overdo" Facebook. As long as he's not a totally different person on Facebook than he is in real life, who cares?

Old 01-05-2015, 01:38 PM

285 posts, read 534,429 times
So I'm probably the weirdo with the inactive profile in this scenario, lol. I have over 1000 friends but my friends list is private (so it doesn't show how many friends I have). I am not really active on facebook anymore nor do I post photos, I have one recent picture and a background photo, and that's it. Most of the recent stuff on my facebook wall is my best friend posting links to cat videos (lol). I'm active on instagram, but I don't really give that out to people I don't know well. I added someone to facebook off a dating site last year after they insisted, and it ended with them accusing me of being a "cat fish", because I only had one photo and they couldn't see my friends list. (However if they actually scrolled down my page, you can see comments/statuses dating back to 2007... clearly not very smart). He demanded I "prove" I was real, I rolled my eyes and deleted him, it was so stupid.

Since I'm kind of a private person myself, someone else with a private profile wouldn't bother me. It tells me they have a life outside of the internet. If all they do is post to facebook every few minutes, I would start to wonder.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:20 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
It's really a non-issue for me since I've never had an account on Facebook. Between my weird work schedule and other life interests, I don't have the time to spend on that. I'm an avid photographer and do take quite a few pictures, but I post them on Flickr and/or Smugmug. I keep in touch with family/friends via phone/email/skype. My s/o does have an account, but she mainly uses it to keep in touch with her daughter on the other side of the country.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:52 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobsearcher123 View Post
Whether it's for just potential friendships or dating, how much does Facebook influence you honestly?

For example, if you meet a guy and he has only 40 friends on there, very inactive wall and no comments or anything, do you lose atttaction or interest in this person that you just met?

Compared to someone with 500 friends with a much more active profile and lots of communication and attention from others towards this person?
I could not care less about a persons FB site. Until I know them well they won't see mine and I wont see theirs. Honestly I would rather they didn't use FB at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships