Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 04:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
What kind of guy is threatening to a woman who doesn't like him? Then again, I get the hint once.
Are you serious? You can't really be serious.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:38 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
They're still getting attention. It might be unwanted attention but men still are attracted to them. Some women need to stop moaning about this. I would love to have attractive women all over me. You have all the power in dating but complain about it? Men have to work harder to get attention. Geez.
Wouldn't we all.

But think about it....there's a big difference between attractive women "all over" a man and a bunch of aggressive and physically intimidating neanderthals harassing a woman.

The view from where we are as guys is far different. Put yourself in their shoes and consider what is coming after them.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:42 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The view from where we are as guys is far different. Put yourself in their shoes and consider what is coming after them.
I don't understand why this is so difficult for guys.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:57 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Are you serious? You can't really be serious.
I personally don't threaten women who reject me. I simply move on. I'm not a violent person.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Wouldn't we all.

But think about it....there's a big difference between attractive women "all over" a man and a bunch of aggressive and physically intimidating neanderthals harassing a woman.

Good point. I just couldn't see myself harrassing or disrespecting a woman who turned me down. Sad to think there are guys like this out there.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:23 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I'm willing to bet that most guys who are here venting/complaining/what have you do not do so IRL. There's a reason we do it here; because it's an anonymous channel to vent our frustrations. I never, in my entire life, bring this stuff up to my friends or family....
Actually, I whinge and squeal amongst any available listeners in real life, quite a bit more than I do on this Forum. Why? Because in my view, anonymity is a privilege that demands nobility and self-restraint. Also, I fancy an opportunity to leave an archival written record.

The anonymous writer can hardly enjoy sympathy, for even sincere sympathy in such contexts is abstract. It becomes hollow and useless. It's therefore unproductive and foolish to solicit sympathy online, especially if remaining anonymous, but even in venues like Facebook. Instead, it would be soothing and gratifying if my coworkers and other associates and acquaintances deigned to sympathize. This however rarely happens.

The online Ohio Peasant is substantially more eloquent and poised than in real life. This is one reason that I remain enthusiastic about online dating. When writing, or even when speaking in public (to a general audience, instead of a specific interlocutor), it is easy to be vivaciously eloquent, persuasive and compelling. But pull back the curtain, and the Wizard is a rather nondescript and rumpled Anyman.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't understand why this is so difficult for guys.
The difficulty is that if we accept an asymmetry of threats and dangers faced by women, as opposed to that faced by men, then there immediately follows admission of asymmetry in strength, resources and so forth. From there it's a small step to regard women as "the weaker sex", and our edifice of gender-equality crumbles. Is this really what we want?

Old 01-11-2015, 08:24 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times
Quote:
The men (who complain) tend to complain about getting rejected by women, but rarely admit to doing much of the rejecting. Nobody wants them, according to them.

The women (who complain) tend to complain about rejecting men, but rarely admit to getting rejected themselves. They're always in hot demand, according to them.

Pretty interesting dichotomy if you ask me. Thoughts?
Personally, I complain about women a lot, but I don't really get rejected that much (since I rarely try). I have rejected a significant amount of women in the past though.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:29 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Actually, I whinge and squeal amongst any available listeners in real life, quite a bit more than I do on this Forum. Why? Because in my view, anonymity is a privilege that demands nobility and self-restraint. Also, I fancy an opportunity to leave an archival written record.

The anonymous writer can hardly enjoy sympathy, for even sincere sympathy in such contexts is abstract. It becomes hollow and useless. It's therefore unproductive and foolish to solicit sympathy online, especially if remaining anonymous. Instead, it would be soothing and gratifying if my coworkers and other associates and acquaintances deigned to sympathize. This however rarely happens.
I complain IRL a lot to my friends, coworkers, parents, just about anyone that will listen. This includes females who sometimes disagree with me. However, I have a charming personality IRL so my behavior is accepted.

These days though, I'm bored of the conversation (in person) and talk about other things that have my interest more now. I use this forum merely for venting purposes.

Quote:
The difficulty is that if we accept an asymmetry of threats and dangers faced by women, as opposed to that faced by men, then there immediately follows admission of asymmetry in strength, resources and so forth. From there it's a small step to regard women as "the weaker sex", and our edifice of gender-equality crumbles.
Women don't face dangers in our society. This is largely a myth, pushed by those with a louder voice than I and a political agenda. If anything, our society is the opposite. Women tend to run things these days and literally own men in marriage.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:37 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:
I guess there's not much of a question in the OP, but more or less asking if you've also noticed this.

Do you think this is the reality, or is it just perception? Sometimes I wonder if men have an easier time admitting being rejected, while women may have a much more difficult time admitting it and they always have to make it seem that someone is chasing them.

Technically, I could say that I have and have had women chasing me, but I usually don't. Most guys don't seem to either from what I've observed here, even though they might actually have some girl(s) who hits them up to see if they want to go out some time (but maybe it's not the girl they want).
Haven't read all the posts, but I hardly mention being rejected (I bring it up now and then) because I don't care. If a man rejects me then there is nothing to care about. It's kind of like not getting a job when you send a resume, you might be bummed, but you keep looking forward. There is no sense dwelling on it. Heck, if you count online dating and sending messages to men, I get rejected quite a bit. But the perception might be I just get lots of dates because when I have an issue I think I need to bring up, it's with someone I ended up dating. So you only hear about the men I actually end up dating and not the ones who rejected me.

As for having to reject men, I generally give most men a try if they ask me out (unless they are way too old or way too young or something like that). But they don't work out. A lot like going to a job interview and deciding the company isn't right for you when you learn more about it.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:47 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Haven't read all the posts, but I hardly mention being rejected (I bring it up now and then) because I don't care. If a man rejects me then there is nothing to care about. It's kind of like not getting a job when you send a resume, you might be bummed, but you keep looking forward.
This. There are men out there who are able to let it roll of their back this way, but we just don't hear from those types too often on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships